follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 01-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #1
Ammunition

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Issues with Factory Touch Screen and Samsung Galaxy Note 4

I just picked up a Samsung Galaxy Note4 - previously coming from an iPhone 4S.

I had no issues with my iPhone 4S in terms of being able to select the playlists, browse through the songs on them, select a song to play, repeat, switch, etc., but with my new Note4 I cannot view the playlists, or select songs from them via the touch screen like I always could with my iPhone 4S - the "Browse" and "track" buttons do not appear. When I scrub through the songs and select one, it does not play it unless I do so through my phone.

I have this issue both over the bluetooth, and with my phone plugged in. When I tried looking up the issue under Scino's warranty on their website, and checking the comparability for the Galaxy Note4, it simply says "compatibility not yet tested", even though it does show the Note3 and iPhone 6/6+ models to be compatible.

I've tried all of the obvious solutions that I can think of - making sure my old phone isn't paired to the car, deleting, and re-adding my new phone, etc., but I can't all of my music features to work with the touchscreen with my Note4 like I always could with my iPhone 4S (which still wasn't great as the factory touch screen is limited, but I still could at least see, browse through, and select songs from my playlist all via the touchscreen with my old phone).

Any help is appreciated - seems to be a software issue that I'm not sure how to go about trying to fix. This is a 2014 model and the factory head unit/touch screen that came with it.
Ammunition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:38 PM   #2
IDFWU 420
Honarary Member

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I also have a Note 4 and a 2015 FRS, same issues like what you're having, but never really care about it since I'll just select it through my phone. But for sure, it's a software issues on their end.
IDFWU 420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 10:41 PM   #3
IDFWU 420
Honarary Member

Funny thing is I also switched to a Note 4 from an iPhone 4S. Ever since then, no regrets switching to Androids, I can easily download songs and movies straight through my phone without having to root it unlike with Apple and iTunes.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:20 PM   #4
Ammunition

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDFWU 420 View Post
Funny thing is I also switched to a Note 4 from an iPhone 4S. Ever since then, no regrets switching to Androids, I can easily download songs and movies straight through my phone without having to root it unlike with Apple and iTunes.
And do you have a 2014 + FR-S or BRZ with the factory touch screen? I'm not sure if I'm just missing something with the default Music app on the Note4, but I can't control my music via the touch screen like I always could with my iPhone; If I select a song through the touchscreen, it just won't play it unless I physically do so from my phone. It seems as though the only things I can do on the touch screen with my Note4 is pause and play the current song playing, and I'm trying to figure out a fix for it.

Edit - NVM, didn't see same person just double-posted. Bump for needing help fixing this issue!
Ammunition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015, 02:38 AM   #5
IDFWU 420
Honarary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammunition View Post
And do you have a 2014 + FR-S or BRZ with the factory touch screen? I'm not sure if I'm just missing something with the default Music app on the Note4, but I can't control my music via the touch screen like I always could with my iPhone; If I select a song through the touchscreen, it just won't play it unless I physically do so from my phone. It seems as though the only things I can do on the touch screen with my Note4 is pause and play the current song playing, and I'm trying to figure out a fix for it.

Edit - NVM, didn't see same person just double-posted. Bump for needing help fixing this issue!
Yeah, I don't think there's an actual fix for this unless they do something about it. Only solution is to switch your headunit
Old 01-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #6
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
No possible way to fix this, unless Scion pushes out an update, but then you'd have to go to the dealership for that. Or, as mentioned, get a new head unit.

Or, as a final option, stop worrying about #FirstWorldProblems
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote