follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-30-2015, 09:44 PM   #43
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm not advocating to break the law but the reality of it is we all will bend them slightly or break them and the laws are written so we do and they can count on that revenue
with red light cameras being the pinnacle source for that theory. Arguing that traffic laws are created for our safety can also be called asinine when certain facts are given.

Further proof of my nutty opinion: http://www.popsugar.com/love/Removin...-Sense-1739759
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 09:49 PM   #44
Bergen23
Banned

Drives: '15 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
I'm not advocating to break the law but the reality of it is we all will bend them slightly or break them and the laws are written so we do and they can count on that revenue
with red light cameras being the pinnacle source for that theory. Arguing that traffic laws are created for our safety can also be called asinine when certain facts are given.

Further proof of my nutty opinion: http://www.popsugar.com/love/Removin...-Sense-1739759
Drivers there are also better than drivers in North America. And yeah, ok. Traffic tickets are a source of revenue. Just like sales tax, income tax and property tax. Your point is? What would you rather have, get a ticket for a rolling stop, or have your license revoked for X amount of days? I'll take the fine, since if I can't drive, I don't have a job.

I'll throw this out there too. You could run for your next municipal election and abolish all traffic laws. But that's a lot of work, so you probably won't do it. You'd rather sit behind a key board and bitch and moan about "this city did it! Why can't we?" Than get out there and have your voice heard
Bergen23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:14 PM   #45
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
That's too much work, I want the bitching and moaning thing. I also just got a good radar detector and keep my head on a swivel for the popo and so far so good.
Impureclient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 11:25 PM   #46
stevesnj

Drives: 2016 FR-S Oceanic Blue
Thanked 1,601 Times in 923 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
the white border thing is a myth. Everywhere. A stop sign means stop regardless of what border it has. If they don't mean stop it is a yield sign. The white border is just a new type of higher visability sign and eventually they will all be changed to that style.
I know it was supposed to be a joke...it was to me at least

My 2016 Build thread

TRD Exhaust with custom quad tips, TRD Lowering Springs,TRD Quick shifter,LED;DRL, Projectors, and turn signals. Re-badge, 86 Nanny, WinmaxW2 Pads, K&N Drop In, Antenna delete
stevesnj is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stevesnj For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-30-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 02:17 AM   #47
SquadRogue
Banned

Drives: Steel FR-S 2015
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
You are in denial
SquadRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:21 AM   #48
WNDSRFR

Drives: FR-S,GTI
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Thanks everyone for their suggestions and opinions. One thing I am not going to consider is getting a lawyer. I bought a Scion not a Porsche. Right now I have zero points on my license so it’s not about points. It’s about money and principle. There is no doubt that I am guilty. There is also no doubt that at least 90% of the general public is also guilty of running this very stop sign. And I realize that just because everyone breaks the law doesn’t make it right.

But still. I’ve been driving for over 40 years and I admit I’ve done some things I deserved to get a ticket for. But I think that this case is just bullshit. There is absolutely no doubt this was for revenue generation. It certainly had nothing to do with public safety. It’s kind of like driving through town at three o’clock in the morning. You are the ONLY car on the road and the light turns red. Is there really a point in staying stopped at the light other than the fear of the police in hiding waiting for you to “break the law”?

Anyway I have 30 days to decide what to do. I think my next move is going to be:
Setup my camera on a tripod in the position where the cop was and record video until either I record THE cop doing the same thing I did or run out of battery. I’ll wear one of those bright yellow shirts so it looks like I an a surveyor and nobody will notice me.
I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to do it because this is a road to the beach. So it has a lot more traffic on the weekends. On weekdays (like when I got my ticket) there’s only maybe one car going though the intersection every five minutes.
WNDSRFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:26 AM   #49
Bergen23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post
Thanks everyone for their suggestions and opinions. One thing I am not going to consider is getting a lawyer. I bought a Scion not a Porsche. Right now I have zero points on my license so it’s not about points. It’s about money and principle. There is no doubt that I am guilty. There is also no doubt that at least 90% of the general public is also guilty of running this very stop sign. And I realize that just because everyone breaks the law doesn’t make it right.

But still. I’ve been driving for over 40 years and I admit I’ve done some things I deserved to get a ticket for. But I think that this case is just bullshit. There is absolutely no doubt this was for revenue generation. It certainly had nothing to do with public safety. It’s kind of like driving through town at three o’clock in the morning. You are the ONLY car on the road and the light turns red. Is there really a point in staying stopped at the light other than the fear of the police in hiding waiting for you to “break the law”?

Anyway I have 30 days to decide what to do. I think my next move is going to be:
Setup my camera on a tripod in the position where the cop was and record video until either I record THE cop doing the same thing I did or run out of battery. I’ll wear one of those bright yellow shirts so it looks like I an a surveyor and nobody will notice me.
I’ll have to wait till tomorrow to do it because this is a road to the beach. So it has a lot more traffic on the weekends. On weekdays (like when I got my ticket) there’s only maybe one car going though the intersection every five minutes.
So if everyone was jumping off a cliff, you'd do it too? Because that's literally the reasoning you have for rolling this stop. You were in the wrong and got caught. Simply bad luck.

I'm out of this topic after this post. I still can't wrap my head around this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bergen23 For This Useful Post:
soulreapersteve (08-01-2015), Tcoat (07-31-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 11:54 AM   #50
Brndn704

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDSRFR View Post

So you're complaining about the cop waiting for you to break the law, but you're going to try and wait and catch him break the law?

Yup, I'm done with this forum now.
Brndn704 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brndn704 For This Useful Post:
Bergen23 (07-31-2015), soulreapersteve (08-01-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 12:15 PM   #51
ajaxthebetter

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ LTD 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
OP: the baiting worked for someone I know. They got a big ticket for their back tire barely touching the line on a handicapped parking spot. One week later he saw a cop with both their tires on the line of the same spot, took a picture, and presented it as evidence.

Judge threw the case out. If you have time and energy, it may be a viable thing to do.
ajaxthebetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:20 PM   #52
LucidMomentum
No Money, No Problems

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S (Halo White)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxthebetter View Post
OP: the baiting worked for someone I know. They got a big ticket for their back tire barely touching the line on a handicapped parking spot. One week later he saw a cop with both their tires on the line of the same spot, took a picture, and presented it as evidence.

Judge threw the case out. If you have time and energy, it may be a viable thing to do.

Personally, I'd feel that paying the fine would just be easier from a time and money stand point than fighting it.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:41 PM   #53
driftguy

Drives: In between cars... 2018 Ninja 1000
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Ran stop sign. Admits it and states he's guilty. Still thinks it's "bullshit". I know people half your age that aren't that dumb.
driftguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to driftguy For This Useful Post:
Bergen23 (07-31-2015), soulreapersteve (08-01-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 01:54 PM   #54
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,258 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
$200 is cheap. Pay it bro.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:10 PM   #55
Bergen23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftguy View Post
Ran stop sign. Admits it and states he's guilty. Still thinks it's "bullshit". I know people half your age that aren't that dumb.
Maybe I should screen shot all of his posts and send them to his local police department.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bergen23 For This Useful Post:
drewbot (08-01-2015), soulreapersteve (08-01-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 06:45 PM   #56
ntron1
Sarcastic Bastard

Drives: '13 DGM BRZ, '13 Mini, 1999 Blazer
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Suck it up sunshine. Do the crime, Do the time.....