follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 02-08-2014, 08:13 AM   #113
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Ironically, I got laid off today at my day job (real job) less than an hour after I played middleman with you and the sales team at CSG.

I suppose I'll be having some extra time in the next week or so to answer questions; I'm usually on the board when I'm killing time at work. I suppose that might have been a bad sign when I had that much downtime...
Sent a PM.
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dustin For This Useful Post:
CSG Mike (02-08-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 06:26 PM   #114
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Ordered my 70mm Raceseng pulley today from @FT-86 SpeedFactory. Got a lot of miscellaneous things to get together before the supercharger gets installed.
FT-86 SpeedFactory (02-09-2014)
Old 02-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #115
TLRracer

Drives: MR2 Spyder
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
Ironically, I got laid off today at my day job (real job) less than an hour after I played middleman with you and the sales team at CSG.

I suppose I'll be having some extra time in the next week or so to answer questions; I'm usually on the board when I'm killing time at work. I suppose that might have been a bad sign when I had that much downtime...
Mike - super bummer!
Let us know if we can help in any way.
TLRracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:55 PM   #116
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Bit of a hiccup with the supercharger purchase. Nothing bad but money was refunded. Should be purchasing another one tomorrow when funds clear my account. I still reccomend the guys at CSG. Mike was awesome to deal with and very helpful. I would definitely do business with them again.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:39 PM   #117
Rue

Drives: Shoe Leather Limousine
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Finally quit being lazy and machined the washers for the aluminum diff bushings...

Old 02-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #118
Dustin
Twin Screw You

^^^^^^^^^^^ Gonna get rid of the cheap ones I had to use and install these on Saturday.

Round two for the supercharger. Just ordered another one from @FT-86 SpeedFactory. Looking forward to seeing it on my doorstep!!
Old 03-12-2014, 02:42 PM   #119
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Lots of stuff to update.

I had my brother @Rue order the 70mm Raceseng pulley from FT-86 SpeedFactory on 2/9/14. I receieved a package on Saturday, 2/15/14, but it was the 72.5mm pulley. We got in contact with them that day and by the following Friday I had received the correct pulley with a return shipping box for the incorrect one. I hope you enjoyed the candy he put in there for you @FT-86 SpeedFactory. We enjoyed the Laffy Taffy you sent us, lol. I also purchased my supercharger from them on 2/12/14 and had it on my doorstep 2 DAYS LATER!!! These guys give such great customer service I had no qualms about ordering my clutch and flywheel setup from them as well as my MTEC clutch line. You guys have my business for sure.

Once I receieved my supercharger I replaced the hardware with stainless steel bolts. There have been some issues with the Innovate hardware and snapping the heads off. I did that and installed the 70mm pulley. I got my Nameless header yesterday and I also had them add to the rest of my exhaust order a set of lateral bars. Then today I ordered a FBM radiator with fan shroud combo from @FullBlown.

Only things left to get are my oil cooler setup which I think I will piece together myself, and then get a tune. I'll probably get a few small things in between now and then but hopefully this will all come together within the next month or two. Also next week I will have my car on the dyno to get a baseline run. I want to know how much of an improvement this will get me.
FT-86 SpeedFactory (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #120
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Taking everything apart to replace the hardware with stainless steel bolts.

Retapped the threads on the intake portion of the supercharger to NPT threads instead of BSPT threads for the 2 plastic elbow fittings so I could easily get brass ones.

My small collection. I also have my header now but haven't gotten around to take a picture of it worth posting.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:43 PM   #121
calispec

Drives: Subaru BRZ with Delicious Innovate
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
What are your thoughts for the IAT relocation? Have you seen the problems with the existing solutions? I am going to try something myself but haven't looked far enough into it.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:04 PM   #122
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Quote:
Originally Posted by calispec View Post
What are your thoughts for the IAT relocation? Have you seen the problems with the existing solutions? I am going to try something myself but haven't looked far enough into it.
I haven't seen anyone with the relocation yet. But IMO it has to make a difference with getting accurate intake air temps. Just from what I've read (haven't seen any concrete data though) the air temps pre blower to post blower are significantly different. I spoke with @Ryan@Nameless today because they made a prototype IAT relocation plate. They aren't developing anything further on it at the moment, but I am hoping the guys up there and I can work something out to where I can get one to install on my car. If not, I'll just have to take the time to design one myself (with my brother's help of course, I'm still new at designing parts) and have him machine one for me. The goal right now however is to get the supercharger on the car. So getting the IAT relocation will be put on hold, but rest assured that one way or another, it will happen. Doing it later will also verify if it makes a difference at all as I will have data before the relocation and after.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:41 PM   #123
calispec

Drives: Subaru BRZ with Delicious Innovate
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
I haven't seen anyone with the relocation yet. But IMO it has to make a difference with getting accurate intake air temps. Just from what I've read (haven't seen any concrete data though) the air temps pre blower to post blower are significantly different. I spoke with @Ryan@Nameless today because they made a prototype IAT relocation plate. They aren't developing anything further on it at the moment, but I am hoping the guys up there and I can work something out to where I can get one to install on my car. If not, I'll just have to take the time to design one myself (with my brother's help of course, I'm still new at designing parts) and have him machine one for me. The goal right now however is to get the supercharger on the car. So getting the IAT relocation will be put on hold, but rest assured that one way or another, it will happen. Doing it later will also verify if it makes a difference at all as I will have data before the relocation and after.
Any oem sensor (bosch or whatever) isn't going to work on the MAP plate. That might be why nameless stopped. The sensor ends up reading the heat soak of the manifold instead of the air temperature. It's the same story for the MAP sensors that have a built in IAT. I am thinking about extending a thermocouple further down into the stream of air to hopefully get better results.

All the stuff happening on the owners thread is a little weird. Bill has achieved over 300 whp after cooled and on the smaller pulley. I believe it took E85 but still. Just looking at the after cooler there is probably a point to where the flow gets severely limited but based on what Bill has done it must be past the 300 whp point. I am about to order my after cooler. I have the 70mm pulley. On 93. Aside from the diff we have the same setup. I am hoping for around 250-260.

great build BTW.
The Following User Says Thank You to calispec For This Useful Post:
Dustin (03-12-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 11:28 AM   #124
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by calispec View Post
Any oem sensor (bosch or whatever) isn't going to work on the MAP plate. That might be why nameless stopped. The sensor ends up reading the heat soak of the manifold instead of the air temperature.
Why not make the plate out of plastic or something that won't heat soak then?
Old 03-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #125
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Why not make the plate out of plastic or something that won't heat soak then?
Maybe out of delrin?
Old 03-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #126
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
Maybe out of delrin?
Sure or some other kind of plastic. The OEM sensor is in a plastic manifold so it doesn't heat soak. I would think that the small plate could be made of a similar material. Throw in a nice groove for an O ring style gasket like the throttle body and OEM manifold use as well.