follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 01-02-2023, 06:21 PM   #1
MotoX16

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2017 Turbo BRZ PP for sale

Wanting to see if there's any interest in my car, asking $23k. I still have like $5k left on the loan but I'm willing to meet at the credit union, get the loan paid off, and transfer the title over to you. There are a few locations local to the twin cities (MN) but I'd like to meet there in person for the lien release, then go to the dmv after. Also looking for feedback on my price, when the best time of year to sell is, should I part it out, should I wait a year till I have the title in my name, etc.

I love the car and it has been great to me, but I had a baby a few months ago and am looking to get into something with 4 doors. I have mostly all the stock parts, stock wheels have a set of winter tires on them, and I have a second black oem hood with Verus vents on it.

Valvoline full synthetic oil and oem filter changed every 3-5k miles. Boosted at 25k miles. New oem spark plugs at 36k miles. 44k on the clock and slowly rising. No major issues

Would consider trading for an 8th gen civic si sedan or a 2nd gen honda fit sport, manual only

Thanks for looking, feel free to read through my build thread in the link below and please reach out with any questions

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...p?p=3443417#po

FBM Turbo Kit: GTX3076R - HRI FlexFuel Tune - 3" Turboback Exhaust - ID1000cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - FBM Oil Pan - FBM Oil Cooler - Killer B Oil Pickup - FBM Catch Can - FBM Radiator w/Fan Shroud - Clutch Masters FX400 - Verus Clutch Fork/Pivot - IRP Shifter - Cusco Engine/Trans Mounts - RCE Yellow Springs - PS4S 245/40/17
MotoX16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoX16 For This Useful Post:
Dzmitry (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 12:28 PM   #2
MotoX16

Some more photos

FBM Turbo Kit: GTX3076R - HRI FlexFuel Tune - 3" Turboback Exhaust - ID1000cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - FBM Oil Pan - FBM Oil Cooler - Killer B Oil Pickup - FBM Catch Can - FBM Radiator w/Fan Shroud - Clutch Masters FX400 - Verus Clutch Fork/Pivot - IRP Shifter - Cusco Engine/Trans Mounts - RCE Yellow Springs - PS4S 245/40/17
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoX16 For This Useful Post:
Dzmitry (01-05-2023)
Old 01-05-2023, 02:21 PM   #3
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoX16 View Post
Some more photos
Very nice and clean. Good luck with sale!
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dzmitry For This Useful Post:
MotoX16 (01-05-2023)
Old 01-13-2023, 12:39 PM   #4
MotoX16

Bump. Looking for some opinions

My radiator has sprung a pinhole leak. I'm going to bring it in Full Blown for them to pressure test. They will replace it under warranty if its a manufacturing defect. But what I'm debating is, since I'm already going to have it in my parents heated garage with the bumper off, do I just take off the turbo parts and revert back to stock?

Id like to sell it as is, even if I take an L on the cost of mods. Its a cool car. But its been posted a few different places for over a month now and no real interest. Would I have more interest if it werent boosted? I know dealers would be more interested and the trade in value they're offering is pretty good, but its a decent amount of time and effort to take all the parts off. Again, Id like to sell it as is, but more importantly I'd like it to sell. I just need something different for my new family.

What would you do? Fix the radiator and keep trying to sell as is? Or use it as an opportunity to revert back to stock? Thanks for any input
Old 01-13-2023, 08:14 PM   #5
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Bump. Looking for some opinions
I'd put it back to stock. You'll be able to re-sell the turbo stuff ( including the sweet oil pan) for a good amount of what you still owe on the car. Worst case scenario, you have less you owe on the car and can trade it into the dealer as a "Stock" vehicle.
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPira7e For This Useful Post:
Teseo (01-13-2023)
Old 01-16-2023, 09:36 AM   #6
MotoX16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
I'd put it back to stock. You'll be able to re-sell the turbo stuff ( including the sweet oil pan) for a good amount of what you still owe on the car. Worst case scenario, you have less you owe on the car and can trade it into the dealer as a "Stock" vehicle.
Thanks! I came to this conclusion as well and spent the weekend getting most of the parts taken off. I'm going to try locally first but might have some parts listed here shortly
Old 10-19-2023, 10:36 AM   #7
jenniferdehner

Drives: Toyota camry
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Wanting to see if there's any interest in my car, asking $23k. I still have like $5k left on the loan but I'm willing to meet at the credit union, get the https://paydaysay.com/50-loan-instan...-alternatives/ loan paid off, and transfer the title over to you. There are a few locations local to the twin cities (MN) but I'd like to meet there in person for the lien release, then go to the dmv after. Also looking for feedback on my price, when the best time of year to sell is, should I part it out, should I wait a year till I have the title in my name, etc.

I love the car and it has been great to me, but I had a baby a few months ago and am looking to get into something with 4 doors. I have mostly all the stock parts, stock wheels have a set of winter tires on them, and I have a second black oem hood with Verus vents on it.

Valvoline full synthetic oil and oem filter changed every 3-5k miles. Boosted at 25k miles. New oem spark plugs at 36k miles. 44k on the clock and slowly rising. No major issues

Would consider trading for an 8th gen civic si sedan or a 2nd gen honda fit sport, manual only

Thanks for looking, feel free to read through my build thread in the link below and please reach out with any questions

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...p?p=3443417#po

It sounds like you're making some thoughtful decisions regarding your car and potential sale. Considering factors like paying off the loan before transferring the title demonstrates transparency and a commitment to a smooth transaction.
Asking for feedback on your pricing and the best time to sell is a wise move. It's often a balance between finding the right buyer and getting the value you desire for your car. Offering additional information about the car's history, maintenance, and modifications, such as the Valvoline full synthetic oil changes and boosted mileage, can definitely pique the interest of potential buyers.
The fact that you're open to trades, like an 8th gen Civic Si or a 2nd gen Honda Fit Sport, shows flexibility. It might expand your pool of interested parties.
Lastly, sharing your build thread for more details is a great way to provide potential buyers with in-depth information. Wishing you the best of luck with the sale!

Last edited by jenniferdehner; 10-25-2023 at 08:46 AM.
jenniferdehner is offline   Reply With Quote