follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 10-13-2015, 06:08 PM   #1
Quasar Kid

Drives: Whiteout 2013 Scion FR-S Manual
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Tire Recommendation - 18x8.5, Stock Ride Height

How's it going everyone? I'm looking for recommendations of tires for the wheels I'm buying. My setup will be 18x8.5 square, not lowered. I might lower it one day but for now I like the stock ride height.

I do my fair share of going sideways but I do not AutoX or track the car at all. That said, I am an experienced, enthusiastic "street" driver. Bordering on Hoonigan.

My FR-S didn't come with the ever popular Michelin Primacy HPs. I bought it up North and got the Bridgestone Turanzas. They're alright, I guess. But I'm hoping for something that grips and handles rain and wet roads better, but will still be fairly smooth and quiet at most speeds.

I get all range of temperatures, including up to 100F in the Summer. I rarely sit in traffic and never for more than about 15 minutes. My price range is up to $250 per tire, but obviously less is better. I'm not worried about tire life in the long term as much as staying within my price range and ride quality (in that order).

Suggestions?

Disclaimer: I have read a lot of other threads so please don't link one of the stickies or a compilation thread. I've probably seen it. This is not a repost or duplicate post. Thanks!

edit: I have winter tires, so removed low temps & snow comment

Last edited by Quasar Kid; 10-13-2015 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Relevance of post updated.
Quasar Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:22 PM   #2
swarb

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,271 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Look at reviews on tire rack.
They have the categories split up depending on how much performance you want in multiple categories.
swarb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swarb For This Useful Post:
misooscar (10-18-2015)
Old 10-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
B$

Drives: Monogram Whiteout
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I have the exact same setup on wheel size and actually still on stock suspension (until this Friday). I got the Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 245/35/18. Are you really not going to lower? I mean, it looks better than stock I guess by a little, but I still feel like I look like I'm about to go off-roading.

I got my tires for $135/each...but I'm strictly using my car as a DD and the reviews were decent.

With Black Friday coming up, you may be able to get a higher quality tire at your price point as well. Can't go wrong with Michelin Pilot Sports
B$ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
18x8, 18x8.5, tires