follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 03-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #71
InterceptorII

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited --- WRB
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Dealership Name: Jim Keras Subaru
State: Tennessee
City: Memphis
Brand: Subaru
Salesman to talk to: Dave Ellison
Reference desired: Tell him Ben from Chuck Hutton sent you
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Yes, 5 or 6. Check subarumemphis.com

Details of your experience with the dealership: Best group and experience I have ever dealt with in purchasing a new vehicle and after sales care. Dave Ellison was my salesman. Stand up guy, great sense of humor, and made the process easy. Be sure to request David Fleming as your finance manager. I had to get out of a very, very crappy ordeal and they made the whole thing easy and painless. In fact, they got me a 1.9% interest rate! Vinny Girard is the General Sales Manager of the store and is perhaps the funniest dude I've ever met in my life. It was an awesome experience to deal with these folks over here. I wasn't sure at first about wanting to get the car, then they let me take it home for an extended test drive. Without any type of pressure and with no one to explain features and benefits and go down a typical sales pitch, I fell in love with the car and got a chance to find things out on my own, without anyone trying to sell me on anything. I can't say enough about my experience. I will say this in closing, if you are on the fence about this car, don't be. It's been an amazing ride and it is a quick head turner. If you don't have a Subaru Dealership near you or if the one you do have in your town sucks, please come to Memphis and give Jim Keras Subaru a chance to earn your business, because they went above and beyond for mine.

by INTERCEPTOR II
InterceptorII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #72
VADER
Regional Moderator

Drives: VADER 86
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Garage
Dealership Name: Amplified Autosports
State: FL
City: Tampa
Brand: (ie Scion, Subaru or both) Both
Salesman to talk to: Danny Camacho (Owner & HE OWNS AN 86!!)
Reference desired: Tell them Danny Nieves sent you.

Details of your experience with the dealership:

This is a new shop and already shows great progress and much potential to become a staple in the car scene. I go to this guy for EVERYTHING. If he doesn't have it or can't do it, he'll get it done through partners. He has LIFETIME guarantee's on all of his work and that in itself shows how great his work really is. I run Tampa 86 and refer all of my members to him. Best part is HE OWNS AN 86. So he knows our cars very well haha.

http://www.amplifiedautosports.com/
Office Address:
3805 W Osborne Ave
Tampa, FL 33614

Email: Send Inquiry
Phone Numbers:
Phone: 813-876-0373

Hours:
Monday-Friday 9am-6pm
Sat 9am-1pm, Sunday Closed
VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #73
codesplice
Elite Recognized Geek

Drives: 2014 DGM BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by codesplice View Post
I'm going to second @Eurasianman's positive experience with Landers McLarty Subaru in Huntsville.

Dealership Name: Landers McLarty Subaru
State: Alabama
City: Huntsville
Salesman to talk to: Dean Hartley
Reference desired: N/A
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Website shows 5 2014's. I know there were at least three others on the lot when I bought mine.

Details of your experience with the dealership: Like many others, my expectations were not very high (at all) after hearing horror stories of folks dealing with other dealerships in the Landers McLarty empire, but I was not only pleasantly-surprised by quite blown away by how positive my experience was. When I went in for the first time and expressed interest in a BRZ, the New Car Sales Manager (Deonte) immediately hooked me up with Dean, their resident BRZ expert. His passion for the car was quite obvious, and he was exceptionally knowledgeable even about the small details and questions I had remaining. He seemed genuinely interested in what I was looking to get out of a new car purchase rather than just wanting to make the sale. He didn't bat an eye when I went back for several more test drives and even happily got me set up with an overnight loaner. He was absolutely great to deal with - eager to help but not at all pushy. I took my time with making a final decision and I didn't feel any pressure at all from him (or anyone else at the dealership) to hurry up and buy something. And, perhaps most importantly, they gave me a pretty excellent price

I've not been back for my first service yet, but I've since heard great things from fellow Subie owners about the service department as a whole and the service manager Michael in particular. I'll be sure to update this post with any notes after my first service.

Update 6/3: I just returned from my first (~3750) service appointment and couldn't be happier. As soon as I pulled up, the service manager (Michael Mayer) greeted me by name and directed me to the customer lounge stocked with a dope Starbucks grinding/brewing/dispensing machine. Forty minutes and $0.00 later, I found an ice-cold bottle of water waiting in my cupholder as I hopped back in my car. Michael and the rest of the service staff were extremely friendly and highly efficient, and I'm actually eager to return for my next service.

At this point, I honestly can't recommend Landers McLarty Subaru highly enough.
Bump for service experience update. I'm a happy customer!
This post is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places, and incidents either are the product of the poster's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is entirely coincidental.
G+
codesplice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codesplice For This Useful Post:
Eurasianman (06-10-2014)
Old 06-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #74
Eurasianman
Chief

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by codesplice View Post
Bump for service experience update. I'm a happy customer!
Glad to hear it! Not going to lie. Out of the past service departments I have had to deal with, this has been by far, the best. The Toyota service department is not too bad. But in my opinion, they do not compare to this one.

I find it odd too, seeing that the Chevrolet dealership next door is owned by Landers McLarty as well, yet the service department there is HORRIBLE.

Just my $0.02.

Eurasianman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eurasianman For This Useful Post:
codesplice (06-10-2014)
Old 06-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #75
Kurtz

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Performance Subaru
State: North Carolina
City: Chapel Hill
Brand: Subaru (and Porsche, BMW, and Chevy)
Salesman to talk to: Gaelan was my salesman, and he was great to work with.
Reference desired: Not necessary
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: I believe they keep their inventory current on their web site, so I'd check that (http://www.performancesubaru.com). Note all the inventory when I made my purchase had various combinations of factory, port, and dealer add-ons which aren't listed in the site descriptions. They also tint the windows on all their cars. It's a good tint job, but worth being aware of.

Details of your experience with the dealership:
My impression of Performance is that they are looking to build long term business instead of just treating customers as a one-off. We came to a fair market price for the car in short order, and while they offer the same profit center items you'd find at any dealership (e.g. extra paint coating) they just presented the options and explained the benefits without hitting me with a high pressure sell. Keeping the realities of new car buying in mind (i.e., it's a business), it was as positive an experience as I could have expected.

Based on the folks I met, their sales staff turnover seems low, which I take as a positive sign in a car dealership.

The dealership is also positioned pretty well to demo this car--they are right off the highway (to check road noise) and there are country roads nearby. They also had a decent number of BRZ's in stock relative to other dealers in the state.
Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:29 PM   #76
rxlynn

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited 6MT
Dealership: Subaru of Gwinnett
State: Georgia
City: Duluth
Salesman: Gary Sikes

Details of your experience with the dealership: Easiest purchase process of my life when negotiating and buying a new car. Everyone was very professional, friendly, and did a great job of explaining all the paperwork. We did not trade in a car so can't comment on that process. Gary is obviously very knowledgeable and was excited about selling this car to me. Unfortunately they will probably not be doing most of my service because not the closest dealer to my house.
rxlynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:34 AM   #77
sumo junkie

Drives: WRB Series.Blue
Dealership Name: Stivers Decatur Subaru
City: Decatur/Atlanta
Salesman to talk to: James Smith
Reference desired: Matt from Lutz
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 1 blue and 1 white Series.Blue, 2 limiteds and 1 premium

Details of your experience with the dealership: I started talking with James over email and eventually with a couple phone calls. We agreed on an OTD price and I made plans to travel up there (I'm in FL). In the days after agreeing on price, I indicated that I wanted to purchase an extended warranty so they added that as well. They were a great little dealership that was very nice and when going over the purchase order he indicated that to keep to the agreed OTD price while adding the warranty, they actually dropped the price of the car again without us asking. That surprised the hell out of me. They were very easy to deal with and even let us use the ramp on the service bay to load the car on our trailer.

Overall very pleased with the experience and would definitely recommend others to go as well.
sumo junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #78
Tomcat07

Drives: 2015 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Arlington Toyota
State: Florida
City: Jacksonville
Brand: Scion
Salesman to talk to: Brooke? I don't recall but she works the TrueCar.com sales
Reference desired: Randall Pauley 2015 Halo FR-S MT
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know:

unknown. They are one of the highest volume Toyota/scion dealers in the country and as a result had already received NON PREORDERED 2015 models by the end of June 2014. I purchased mine on July 4th and they had 6 new and 1 used FR-S on the lot. I literally got the first 2015 in Jacksonville and potentially in all of Florida. When I asked them how many were in the area they said only central florida and themselves had received 2015s in all of southeast US and each dealer got 2 models. Given this information I think its safe to say they have one of the best selections out there.

Details of your experience with the dealership: $700 below MSRP and several hundred in free accessories like wheel locks and the scion applique.
I went to Truecar.com and designed my ideal FR-S. Sales lady called me and told me they had it in stock and at the guaranteed low price that truecar.com offered me. She asked if I wanted to test drive one so I went on down. (I was looking at 2014) She made the experience so smooth and straightforward, I test drove both the 2014 and 2015 models and settled on the 2015. She transferred the low price guarantee to the new vehicle and gave me all the accessories they could for free. (the only thing I did not get was BeSpoke audio, but the front bumper film was not free). They gave me a good deal on my trade and matched my navy federal credit union auto loan rate of 2%. All this on a BRAND NEW 2015 that they had for less than a week. It wasn't even the end of the month for them to meet their quotas. They needed to install the hood film so I left them the car and they gave me a free rental for the weekend. The whole process was so quick and smooth that they earned a customer for life.
Tomcat07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 09:15 AM   #79
snow

Drives: 2015 FRS 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Dealership Name: Auto Nation of Weston
State: Florida
City: Weston
Salesman to talk to: Fernando Caval
Reference desired:
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know:

6 2015's left all AT I got the last MT6. They also have a 1 Series in Yellow.

Details of your experience with the dealership: I never went into the dealership. Did everything online, found the one I wanted, emailed them, did credit app on the site. next day had them deliver the car to my front door, Fernando brought the paper work with him. We signed it in the living room and he was off.

Best no hassle deal ever.
snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 10:10 AM   #80
echo419

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited
Thanked 4,057 Times in 1,879 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo junkie View Post
Dealership Name: Stivers Decatur Subaru
City: Decatur/Atlanta
Salesman to talk to: James Smith
Reference desired: Matt from Lutz
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 1 blue and 1 white Series.Blue, 2 limiteds and 1 premium

Details of your experience with the dealership: I started talking with James over email and eventually with a couple phone calls. We agreed on an OTD price and I made plans to travel up there (I'm in FL). In the days after agreeing on price, I indicated that I wanted to purchase an extended warranty so they added that as well. They were a great little dealership that was very nice and when going over the purchase order he indicated that to keep to the agreed OTD price while adding the warranty, they actually dropped the price of the car again without us asking. That surprised the hell out of me. They were very easy to deal with and even let us use the ramp on the service bay to load the car on our trailer.

Overall very pleased with the experience and would definitely recommend others to go as well.
bought my car from the same place but different guy. told him the 2 colors I wanted and he found one of them. then I gave him the price I got on Truecar.com and what I wanted for my car and he agreed no problem. granted I was realistic about my trade. most people aren't and want more than they would ever pay for their car. maybe with a bunch of crying and complaining I could squeezed out a few extra bucks for the trade but screw it. I got the price I wanted for the new car I was buying and I was still very happy with my trade value.

I think it helped that from the first phone call I told him, "this is what I want. this is what I'm paying and this is what I want for my trade. make it happen and this will be a super easy sale. don't and it won't happen.". I set the expectations and they met them.
echo419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:45 PM   #81
po35042

Drives: Monogram FR-S MT
Garage
Dealership Name: Tuscaloosa Scion
State: Alabama
City: Tuscaloosa
Salesman to talk to: Dusty Lee

Very smooth experience, Low pressure and no markups. I had been looking at purchasing an FR-S for over a year, occasionally stopping by whenever they had a new one on the lot. Dusty had greeted me professionally on my first visit, so I always asked for him whenever I stopped by. Finally found the whiteout monogram MT one I wanted at a different dealership (McKinnon Toyota in Clanton, AL). McKinnon would not deal at all, so I went to Dusty at Tuscaloosa Toyota/Scion and asked him to see what he could do to trade for that vehicle for the price I wanted to pay. He was able to get me the car and have it delivered at a much lower price than McKinnon offered me. Also, Teresa Langford in finance got me a great rate and was a pleasure to deal with as well.

Have not had occasion to try their service dept, prefer to do everything myself.
po35042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:21 AM   #82
Cojonudo
I'm New

Drives: 2016 Limited Subaru BRZ White Pearl
Garage
Dealership Name: Subaru of Pembroke Pines
State: FL
City: Pembroke Pines
Salesman to talk to: Emmanuel Johnson
Reference desired: Tell them Moses sent you
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: They have more than 10 BRZs left. A manual WR Blue and Hyper Blue (If they haven't sold it yet)

Details of your experience with the dealership: Amazing experience, especially with this specific salesman. He let me test drive and offered some of the best deals! He is a very nice and humble person to talk to. Everything went smoothly and bought the car the next day! Great experience!
Old 01-06-2016, 02:36 PM   #83
Mmmankey

Drives: Subaru BRZ Series.HyperBlue
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Dealership Name: Subaru of Macon
State: GA
City: Macon
Salesman to talk to: Jim Turner, Kerri Belle the online rep was also very helpful

Reference desired: Tell them Louis sent you
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Not very many. Bought my car (HyperBlue) a week ago. They had 2 HyperBlues and sold both in the span of 2 days. As of right now they have 1 new '16 Limited and one used '15 Limited.

Details of your experience with the dealership: They are a great dealership. They used to be part of a Mercedes and Volvo dealership so some of the luxury customer service reps have transferred over. I have also bought a 2.5i Impreza from there too which was also a pleasant buying experience. They try to push their packages but no strong arming was done to force me to do anything. The negotiation was quite easy since the care was already marked down $2505! They worked with me with rates since I 'threatened' to go with another bank. Their service department is great and has never treated me wrong with my Impreza.

EDIT:

Took the BRZ in to get the protection coating sprayed. Noticed a chip on the front bumper after I got it back and Im pretty sure I didn't cause it. I also walk my car before everytime I get in. Spoke with the service department. They seemed not to like the idea of me bringing up the chip since it was my word against theirs and there is no photo proof from either side but said they will taking care of it. Will post back when it gets done.

UPDATE:
Got my car back from the chip repair. They did as they said and took care of it at no charge. I appreciate that they did since there was no proof either way. The touch up was done very well and I could not even point out where the chip was in the first place. It did take them a little while for them to get in to contact with me and they are bad at answering emails, but in the end all is well. They also gave a me a loaner car since they were keeping the car over night. Overall still satisfied with this dealership and service department.

Last edited by Mmmankey; 01-27-2016 at 12:39 AM. Reason: update
Mmmankey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 02:29 PM   #84
jnyce87

Drives: Toyota Corolla
I'm new to this forum and I'm currently looking to buy a FRS I'm in Ga. I'm torn between if I should buy new or used. Any recommendations on how to proceed with getting my FRS?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
jnyce87 is offline   Reply With Quote