follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 07-02-2018, 07:28 PM   #1
kevinpantz

Drives: 17 BRZ Series Yellow
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
P1K4CHU

Sup fam.
I'm Kevin and this is my build thread for my 2017 BRZ Series Yellow.

Tried to hide this next part in a [spoiler] tag but didn't work
Previous vehicles were a stock 93' Honda Prelude til the motor blew and sold for $500. Then an 02 RSX type-s with bolt ons, stage 1 cams, and tune, full mugen body kit plus hood and the icing on the cake was an s2000 cluster retrofit. Drove it til the transmission took a shit, replaced it, then drove to 270k miles til the motor hydrolocked. Next up was an AP1 S2000 with bolt ons and aesthetic mods, definitely one of my favorite cars ever, but after having the soft top slashed open twice within 3 months of living in Vegas I moved back to Florida and got a 370z nismo as a daily. My commute consisted of a 40 mile drive of a straight stretch of highway with only 2 turns to exit my neighborhood, and 3 turns to get off the highway into my jobs parking lot. As a result of that, the Z outshined the s2k in terms of space, interior quality, torque, added peace of mind with VSA, plus it was a far more mature looking car, even with it lowered on work vs-xx wheels. I ended up selling the s2k since at 23 there's no need for 2 cars and a motorcycle. My GSXR could deliver any adrenaline rush I was looking for and the Z would be perfect for everything else I needed. Ended up moving to South Florida for work and left the bike behind in the care/storage of my childhood friend in the panhandle who went on to run a bike shop. Fast forward a year after moving and the Z got totaled in a hit and run leaving work one night. Luckily I recognized the driver's face and remember her boyfriend's name and where he worked (his name was Lincon. That name is rare af) so finding her info online was easy af. Her insurance ended up cutting me a check for $27.5k. Now in efforts to try to be more of an adult, I've decided to get a cheaper car (comparatively speaking) to save more money for a house. I could have gotten into another used nismo at that price, but instead I chose to go for the brz with much lower miles and associated costs to own. I really wanted one in black or red, but the rarity of the series yellow/hyperblue is what got me. I actually would have preferred a hyperblue exterior, but the updates on the 17 model year plus the performance package is what made it a done deal for me.

pictures of old cars

[/spoiler]

Took these pics 2 days after it was delivered by Carvana. Ironically, while going through a storage closet cleaning out old 370z parts the day after it arrived, I found a pikachu plush toy
I'm guessing I must have bought it for my dog to chew or something but the color matches nicely for a first mod haha.

Dropping the car off for 35% tint tomorrow.
Until I'm out of warranty (27k miles to go) My mods will only be aesthetic.
kevinpantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 08:01 PM   #2
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Welcome to the Series.Yellow club! Funny the name you chose because one of my clients at work always refers to my car as Pikachu

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote