follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 06-28-2021, 09:34 AM   #1
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,144 Times in 1,989 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Turttle Wax Hybrid Solutions Pro Graphene Flex Wax

I'll be reviewing this product in the next few days. I already purchased it at a local Autzone and it was just about $30. So it is a bit pricey. I plan on removing the current surface protections on the car (e.g., Sealant, Meguiars ceramic wax) and have a clean slate. This product claims it can be used on wheels, windshields, and paint, so it'll be interesting how it reacts after a few rainy days and humidity mixed with pollen. I might have to wait a little, since the weather is not suited for application, due to high heat high humidity.

I personally don't opt for spay-on products as I feel paste works a little better because of surface contact. Except for quick-detailer to remove bird poop.

Drop your opinions below if you have ever used this product.

Wally86 (06-29-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 07:40 AM   #2
Wally86
Be Kind

Drives: 2020 86
Thanked 1,254 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
It's better than 303 Graphene, hands down. The difference in longevity is very surprising even when using it as a drying help and not from a clayed standpoint.

The flex has really shocked me in the best way.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:38 AM   #3
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally86 View Post
It's better than 303 Graphene, hands down. The difference in longevity is very surprising even when using it as a drying help and not from a clayed standpoint.

The flex has really shocked me in the best way.

I applied it Saturday night. But it was so humid out that it didn't settle well. Nor do I think I did it right because I did it minutes before sunset. What I have noticed is that bird stains sort of "float" on top of the paint. So I'm pretty impressed how it deters dirt.
Old 06-29-2021, 09:41 AM   #4
Wally86
Be Kind

Drives: 2020 86
Thanked 1,254 Times in 605 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
I applied it Saturday night. But it was so humid out that it didn't settle well. Nor do I think I did it right because I did it minutes before sunset. What I have noticed is that bird stains sort of "float" on top of the paint. So I'm pretty impressed how it deters dirt.

It differentiated itself by actually not allowing soap to come together when I foam my car. With the 303 Graphene and Maguires Hybrid Ceramic, the soap had no issue sticking to the car. The Flex is the first to "defeat" the soap and that definitely impressed me in terms of hydrophobic properties.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wally86 For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (06-29-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 09:42 AM   #5
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally86 View Post
It differentiated itself by actually not allowing soap to come together when I foam my car. With the 303 Graphene and Maguires Hybrid Ceramic, the soap had no issue sticking to the car. The Flex is the first to "defeat" the soap and that definitely impressed me in terms of hydrophobic properties.

Wow, I'm excited to see how it handles when more properly applied to the surface. But its going to be a rough couple of days, humidity in the high 80s. Not ideal.
Wally86 (06-29-2021)
Old 06-29-2021, 10:57 AM   #6
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,207 Times in 1,128 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
How often are you going through these products? Or do you have a shelf full of stuff?

I was considering grabbing a bottle when it released when my first bottle of hyper-seal was finally done, but wasn't available yet. Now available @ $40 CAD.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 11:46 AM   #7
spcmafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
How often are you going through these products? Or do you have a shelf full of stuff?

I was considering grabbing a bottle when it released when my first bottle of hyper-seal was finally done, but wasn't available yet. Now available @ $40 CAD.

I have a shelf full of stuff. I usually just end up giving them away to whatever friend stops by to get their car a paint correction/detailed. Other than that I enjoy reviewing different products so people have good options when they are looking for cleaning products.
RToyo86 (06-29-2021), Wally86 (06-29-2021)
Old 06-30-2021, 07:57 AM   #8
sygfrid
FT8Syg

Drives: `12 FRS & `17 BRZ Inazuma
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
It's super easy to apply than paste wax with polisher & to remove as well. If you messed up by applying too much & it has created a high spot, you can easily remove it with damp mf cloth. It's very slick to the point that it takes longer for the car to get dirty even when driven in the rain for several days. My rear bumper was still clean & no mud clung when I drove on the highway in the rain within a week of application. I've used it on the wheels too & it's made washing it very easy as well.

Modding for daily fun & efficiency: Gruppe-S UEL, HKS dual res. FP, STi Per. Muffler, Delicious T. Ecutek tune, Crawford BPB, Grimmspeed CAI, STi Flex T. Bar, TRD Door Stabilizer, DSS aluminum propeller shaft, Verus diffuser & underbody covers, Verus LCA, Perrin bushings, Bilstein B6+RCE Yellows, Michelin PS4S + 18" WedsSport TC105X-summer, Michelin Alpin PA4 +18" Motegi MR140-winter

Last edited by sygfrid; 07-06-2021 at 06:57 AM.
sygfrid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sygfrid For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (06-30-2021), Wally86 (07-01-2021)
Old 07-02-2021, 11:03 PM   #9
Stonehorsw

Drives: 18 Brz (Sold) / 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tried today

Less the front bumper, that I wasn’t able to remove all dirt (need a stronger remover, any recommendations?)
Attached Images

Stonehorsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 06:26 AM   #10
RToyo86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehorsw View Post
Less the front bumper, that I wasn’t able to remove all dirt (need a stronger remover, any recommendations?)
By dirt you referring to bugs and grime?
A bug and tar remover can help with that. I have stoner terminator for dealing with tree sap.
Chemical iron remover + clay is an option as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
Wally86 (07-07-2021)
Old 07-13-2021, 11:03 PM   #11
Stonehorsw

Drives: 18 Brz (Sold) / 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
By dirt you referring to bugs and grime?
A bug and tar remover can help with that. I have stoner terminator for dealing with tree sap.
Chemical iron remover + clay is an option as well.
Reviewed later same day and it looks like there are damages to the clear coating on the bumper due to road debris. Is the Brz paint very easy to scratch? I only have the car for a couple of months and the damages looks worse than my 9 years old beater.
Stonehorsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:34 AM   #12
RToyo86

Quote:
Reviewed later same day and it looks like there are damages to the clear coating on the bumper due to road debris. Is the Brz paint very easy to scratch? I only have the car for a couple of months and the damages looks worse than my 9 years old beater.
Low car problems. The front end takes abuse from road debris. I had front PPF done when I bought it 3 years ago and the film on the bumper needs to be replaced already.
The Following User Says Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
Stonehorsw (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 08:22 AM   #13
spcmafia

Sorry for taking so long to give my personal review on this product. But we've had really humid, or rainy weather lately. I was able to apply this product on a less than desirable condition, but the results have been great ever since.

About a week and half ago I had the chance to apply the Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Pro Graphene Flex Wax.

Couldn't take picture because it was very cloudy, but less humid that usual.

Same steps as the Polymer wash review. The cleaning and preparing of surface took place as follows:
1. Use a sealant/wax soap remover of your choice.

2. Let it sit for a a few minutes, depending on weather you don't want to take too long.

3. Rinse
4. Using the two bucket method, one with Meguiars Gold Wash, proceed to wash the vehicle with a microfiber sponge.

5. Rinse
6. Water break, it was hot outside. Take few sips of beer.

7. Hand dry using microfiber towels (Chemical Guys have amazing ones, I love them.)

Be advised that there are two ways to apply this product. The first one is by applying the product while your vehicle is wet after the final rinse. Then rinse again to spread the product. Dry the car after that.
The second on is to apply the product after the vehicle has been dried. I went with this route.

Apply two sprays, per panel, then polish. This product has an oily consistency, almost like using Rain-X on your body. You want to thoroughly spread and polish. You can use this on windows and wheels.

Sit down and admire your shiny, sexy ride. Take a few pictures and upload them to your car's instagram.

Ever since that day, we've had constant rain. Between the rain, tree stains, and bird stains, the car was looking a little rough. But yesterday I took the hose and sprayed it off. Everything on the paint just came off easily. Extreme water bending capabilities were still present from the product. I was so impressed to I decided to test it against a wash. Used Gold Wash and after I was done, water bending was still present. It rained again overnight and this morning, and all the rain on top of the vehicle just slid right off as I was driving.

Absolutely satisfied with this product. It is pricey, is not too easy to apply, but yields wonderful results.

Scores (Out of 10)
Price: 8
Ease of Use: 7
Durability: 9
Quality: 9.5

8.3/10 Overall score.
Stonehorsw (07-15-2021), Wally86 (07-15-2021)
Old 07-21-2021, 01:26 PM   #14
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
To provide some additional info to one of the responses, yes the paint on this car is thinner/softer and easier to scratch or chip, especially when compared to many older vehicles. I believe this is becoming common with a lot of newer Japanese makes as well.
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dzmitry For This Useful Post:
Stonehorsw (07-21-2021)