follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 03-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #43
HighContrast

Drives: Subaru
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
^Good stuff. Recommending Neal to anyone in the Nor-Cal region if they don't have a shop or mechanic they're already comfortable with. Fair prices and its nice to see the work being done before you.
HighContrast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HighContrast For This Useful Post:
The Racers Line (03-09-2014)
Old 03-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #44
B2FiNiTY
JDM JUNKY

Drives: NSX
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Gotta bump this for Neal.

Here's a short review:

I've been in contact with Neal back and forth for the past month regarding some work that I needed done on my car. He was always prompt and friendly with his responses. We finally setup a date.

And when that day came, Neal showed up on time and was very professional in his work. I am an extremely anal person when it comes to my car because it's my baby! Literally. I don't just let anyone touch my car and typically I do my own work but because of the good reviews on here and the overall professional attitude Neal impressed upon me, I gave him a chance. He really knows his way around cars and takes the time and effort to do things right. No monkeying around here.

Overall, I highly recommend Neal and his work. It's really great value and at the same time, lets you hang around and watch which is invaluable for an anal person like me. He has a great background in cars of all kinds so don't be shy to throw him some quotes. Even your mamas Saturn! lol

Cliff Notes:
Neal installed a suspension and exhaust on my car
Everything went super smooth
He's a super well dude that you can trust
A+++
B2FiNiTY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B2FiNiTY For This Useful Post:
415FRS (03-15-2014), The Racers Line (03-15-2014)
Old 03-15-2014, 06:43 PM   #45
415FRS

Drives: Red SCion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
He sounds very friendly
based on the conversation we had in Pm. He might be the on guy that actually try to save you money on your car service.Hope to get some upgrade soon, so i can actually meet Neal. Lol . Borla Header is arriving next friday so i might bring it to him if i have problem installing it. Thanks alot for the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2FiNiTY View Post

Here's a short review:

I've been in contact with Neal back and forth for the past month regarding some work that I needed done on my car. He was always prompt and friendly with his responses. We finally setup a date.

And when that day came, Neal showed up on time and was very professional in his work. I am an extremely anal person when it comes to my car because it's my baby! Literally. I don't just let anyone touch my car and typically I do my own work but because of the good reviews on here and the overall professional attitude Neal impressed upon me, I gave him a chance. He really knows his way around cars and takes the time and effort to do things right. No monkeying around here.

Overall, I highly recommend Neal and his work. It's really great value and at the same time, lets you hang around and watch which is invaluable for an anal person like me. He has a great background in cars of all kinds so don't be shy to throw him some quotes. Even your mamas Saturn! lol

Cliff Notes:
A+++

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
415FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 415FRS For This Useful Post:
The Racers Line (03-15-2014)
Old 03-15-2014, 08:55 PM   #46
The Racers Line

Drives: FRS, Supra, Colorado D, GLC63
Thanked 1,515 Times in 532 Posts
Mentioned: 111 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Thank you man! I had a great time working on your car today. Can't wait to see your next ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2FiNiTY View Post

Here's a short review:

Cliff Notes:
A+++
The Racers Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:37 PM   #47
B2FiNiTY
JDM JUNKY

Oh yeah. I drove 1.5 hours from south Of San Fran to his location in Santa Rosa and you know what? It was completely worth it! Thanks again Neal!
Old 03-19-2014, 04:18 AM   #48
FUN BRZ
Drive 2 Eat, Eat 2 Drive

Drives: FUN SUPERCHARGED 2013 Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Shouldn't this be "Stickied" by now?

I was trying to find this thread for almost an hour! HaHa STICKY this plz!!!

FUN_BRZ <--- "Insta-Fun"
FUN BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FUN BRZ For This Useful Post:
The Racers Line (03-19-2014)
Old 03-22-2014, 07:47 PM   #49
The Racers Line

Did some work on @Krispeee car, I'm sure he will chime in later.

But I finally got a chance to give my own car some love!

Added Whiteline Diff Bushing inserts and the Trans insert bushing. Im a little sad they aren't yellow like the subframe inserts, but oh well.

Huge difference with the diff inserts. No more clunking into gear at a standstill and the whole drivetrain feels very secure now. No NVH added either other then a little more diff wine, and you can hear the clutch engaging much clearer.

Last edited by The Racers Line; 03-29-2014 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #50
Krispeee

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Bumping this thread for Neal and his installation services for the NorCal 86 community.

I finally had the pleasure of meeting up with Neal this past weekend to install the Whiteline Subframe Bushings and RCE Yellow Springs for my BRZ. Here’s my review and impressions from my experience.

Private Message Communication
Communication between Neal and I was awesome. He’s prompt with his replies and organized with dates and times. I even had to reschedule our install date, which I thought would put a wrench in his planner, but he accommodated to my needs without a hitch. If you need a price quote, don’t hesitate to inquire!

Professionalism/Promptness
I’ve worked with a lot of factory reps in my profession and I must say, Neal’s professionalism is up there with the best. On the day of the install, I showed up 30 min early to our meet up spot thinking that I’ll just sit in my car and enjoy my cup of coffee as I wait for a bit. To my surprise, Neal shows up 3 minutes later in his FRS, introduces himself, and we go off to his shop. Needless to say, I was extremely happy to be starting half an hour early than planned as I had to take my dog to the vet later that afternoon.

Installation
Neal is a no BS kind of guy. Before he starts any work to your car, Neal will put you at ease as he explains his steps and the tools he’ll be using. As a bonus, he even lets you watch as he goes to work! If you’d like, he’ll even go over the steps and teach you about his installation techniques and what needs to be done in order to get the job completed.

Subject Matter Expert
Unlike shops out there that do Sales and Installations, Neal is an expert on the 86 platform (in addition to other vehicles). He knows his way around this car and will put your anxieties at ease should you be an individual that does not like anybody else touching your car. He won’t BS you as he's not selling you parts and accessories and he’ll get the job done right the first time.

Post Installation
I get a PM from Neal the next day asking how I like the modifications and if there was anything that felt wrong. In my years of going to various mod shops, Neal is the first to actually reach out to me to see if anything is wrong. Thumbs up to you, Neal!

Final Thoughts
Okay, so the drive up to Santa Rosa from Emeryville (East Bay) was about 75 minutes. Neal’s shop is not necessarily close, but wouldn’t you want to start your weekend off on the right foot (pun intended) and go for a scenic drive along the 101? If you schedule something in the morning with Neal, it’s even more worth it as you won’t hit any traffic going up. Neal will treat you and your vehicle right as his work is top notch and will get it right the first time. Another benefit is that you’re right there as he’s doing work! Forget the typical waiting room with couches and magazines, your anxiety working on overdrive as you’re thinking, “I wonder how things are going back there?” or “please don’t mess up!”. Communication is excellent and he won’t keep you in the dark. If you’re on the ropes on finding an installer, go to Neal. You won’t be disappointed.

Cliff Notes
Excellent Communication
Excellent Installer
Excellent Customer Service
On Site learning experience
No BS
Yelp Review – 5 Stars

Last edited by Krispeee; 03-24-2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: added in images
Krispeee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Krispeee For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (03-24-2014), Clipdat (03-24-2014), finch1750 (03-24-2014), scionsalesjay (03-24-2014), The Racers Line (03-24-2014)
Old 03-24-2014, 02:05 PM   #51
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Nice review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:47 AM   #52
B2FiNiTY
JDM JUNKY

your car is clean krispee!
Old 03-25-2014, 02:03 AM   #53
wootwoot

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Can you PM me a price for a light weight flywheel install?
wootwoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:05 AM   #54
The Racers Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by wootwoot View Post
Can you PM me a price for a light weight flywheel install?
PM'd thanks!
Old 03-28-2014, 01:52 PM   #55
The Racers Line

Updated some more pricing and tried to organize it a little better!

Been getting a ton of PM's thanks everybody!
Old 03-28-2014, 04:35 PM   #56
B2FiNiTY
JDM JUNKY

every time I see this, I wish you were closer! getting the new car soon. Will have to stop by sometime you have an install day.
The Following User Says Thank You to B2FiNiTY For This Useful Post:
The Racers Line (03-28-2014)