follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 11-25-2015, 08:08 AM   #1
JoeBoxer

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Thanked 1,627 Times in 997 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sway bar questions for ST coilover equipped car

Only suspension mods i have are ST coilovers with about 1.4" drop and SPC rear lower control arms. I have staggered 18x8.5/9.5 wheels with 225/40 and 255/35 Nitto Motivo tires. I have ran more square setups in the past and was afraid this would cause more understeer but i haven't really noticed it on my spirited driving runs.

My issue is a sway bar clunking sound at low speeds (most likely just need endlinks) and would like to get that fixed along with doing a mild sway bar upgrade while we are in there. I have a couple options i'm considering so any input would be appreciated.

ST sway bar kit, front is 19mm and 2 way adjustable and rear is 17.5 and 3 way adjustable. I believe it comes with rear links but would still need fronts.

Whiteline 20mm adjustable front kit with endlinks and WRX take off rear bar with Whiteline or Kartboy rear end links

Does Kartboy make front end links too? I'm pretty sure i have only seen rears for our cars on their site. I'm leaning toward the ST kit and would start at the lowest roll stiffness adjustments from stock at first and work from there.
http://www.subietuned.com/9493-st-fr...sway-bars.html

I still think the Whiteline 20mm front with WRX rear bar would be nice too, just wouldn't have any adjustment on the rear if i need it. Hope you guys can help!
JoeBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote