follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #57
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
Intakes absolutely do not pick up power on these cars.

John
What are your thoughts on the intake filters, do they gain anything?
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #58
Rich@ViscontiTuning
Banned

Drives: 2012 VW GLI
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan86 View Post
Thank you for your valuable input. Last questions.
How do you want us to do a data log run to submit.
3rd gear run 2000rpm to 7000rpm?
Would you prefer we wait for your new release before sending anything through?
Ryan
3rd gear pulls are preferable to 2nd gear pulls due to the enhanced load on the engine in the taller gears. But we also recognize that the top of 3rd gear is at a speed which is legal nowhere except the autobahn . So please be careful when conducting datalogs.

As far as waiting for the latest revision, if you haven't yet submitted datalogs or had them reviewed, I see no reason not to submit them with your current calibration. At the least it will be a good basis for comparison when the new revision is released.
Rich@ViscontiTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rich@ViscontiTuning For This Useful Post:
Ryan86 (06-13-2013)
Old 06-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #59
Ryan86
Road Warrior

Drives: Toyota 86 Satin Pearl White
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
I have to thank John for speedy response to the ticket I sent through. I'm sorry I listed as urgent, I believe I'm now up to speed with the whole tune and how Visconti works.

Loaded the ROM file and WOW feel the difference immediately. Will run a DYNO to check the gains.

Thank you
Ryan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #60
Bmore_Raven86

Drives: Scion FRS Raven
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I recently bought the stage2 tune thru Brady @ pureautomotive can you tell me how do i do the flat foot shifting?
Bmore_Raven86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #61
Norcalmav23

Drives: SWP Limited manual BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Positive comment... All the tunes I've ever received from Visconti have been top notch. I've been using his tunes now for about a year and have probably used 5 different "versions". The longest it has ever taken to get an "updated tune" was about 5 to 6 days. The one and only time there was a small error it was corrected within 48 hours... (they simply didn't have the 4th map for the auto blip on the tune, everything else on that particular tune worked great). My most recent tune which is specifically calibrated for the FA20club intake is AWESOME. I got it about 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier with the drive-ability and performance. I am currently looking into the E85 tune and without a doubt when I am ready to purchase it I will be going through Visconti. Thanks for being the first tuner to really focus on this car and always delivering an ever improving product. Whenever possible, even after this car... I will be using Visconti and his services if they are available.

-Ryan S.
- Clear Bra - 35% tint - Fa20 club intake - Rev Works header - Perrin OP - 3 inch FP - Resonated CB - Perrin LW crank pulley - Fortune Auto 500 V4 coil overs... pinky sized gap - Full CS knock off poly lip kit - JDM clear side markers - RPF1 18x8 - 35 offset - square 225-18-40 - Perrin shifter bushing - KartBoy positive shift kit - Hawk HPS pads - SS Lines - Visconti e85 tuned
Norcalmav23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #62
Blighty

Drives: WR Blue Pearl 2022 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan86 View Post
I believe you should have at least a 48 hour guaranteed response on any ticket lodged and have update info advising status of the ticket, so we know what's happening, not left to wonder when we will be attended too.
Not a current owner of a tune, but since this is in pub I think its ok to post.

Perhaps an average response time can be put up, so you know how long your looking at.

I almost feel like it's cheating a little to have your official product feedback thread placed in the pub section - but i guess if your having enough issues and want to improve communication then its cool. Not sure about the self bumping of it though, this area is crowded enough and I like to see the cool new stuff.
Blighty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
looks good lolfire, viscontifried