follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 04-19-2012, 01:08 AM   #1
Phaedrus29

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I read the BRZ owner's manual, and I learned...

OK I haven't read through the whole thing yet, but this is what I learned so far. Figured it might be useful to others:

I'm not allowed to use an aftermarket spoiler:

"Do not attach any accessories other than genuine parts to the trunk lid."

I'm going to have a difficult time locking people in my trunk:

"The trunk lid can be opened by pulling on the glow-in-the-dark lever located on the inside of the trunk lid."

I'll have to keep something in my car, like perhaps a bat, to keep my passengers in check. In any event, I shouldn't use the seat:

"Take care not to hit passengers with the seat."

The manual recommends that I have a Subaru dealer. Well duh, how else am I going to get the car:

"If the window continues to close but then re-open slightly even after performing the above procedure correctly, we recommend that you have your SUBARU dealer."

OK here's a real question. The manual says:

"If unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 93 AKI (98 RON) is not avail- able, unleaded gasoline with an octane rating of 91 AKI (95 RON) may be used with no detriment to engine durability or driveability."

I'll search other threads on this, but just wondering. 91 really doesn't affect durability or driveability? My wife's turbo Forester says "Premium only" but then when you look in the manual it says 91 octane. Just wondering if they are saying 91 is perfectly fine for the BRZ.

OK more nuggets of info once I've read more. Did you learn anything from reading the manual that I missed?
Phaedrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
Capt Canuck

Drives: BMW E36 323is
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Try searching, this 12 page thread is probably what you are looking for:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4181
Old 04-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #3
Phaedrus29

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I saw that. I thought that was more of a "let's seriously discuss the manual" thread.
Phaedrus29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #4
eikond
Wish Nissan made one

Drives: '13 WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus29 View Post
OK I haven't read through the whole thing yet, but this is what I learned so far. Figured it might be useful to others:

I'm not allowed to use an aftermarket spoiler:

"Do not attach any accessories other than genuine parts to the trunk lid."

I'm going to have a difficult time locking people in my trunk:

"The trunk lid can be opened by pulling on the glow-in-the-dark lever located on the inside of the trunk lid."

I'll have to keep something in my car, like perhaps a bat, to keep my passengers in check. In any event, I shouldn't use the seat:

"Take care not to hit passengers with the seat."

?
Sounds to me like you've uncovered some very valuable information.

The Subaru owner's manual tells you very clearly that there is indeed a proper way to insert the dead hookers into your trunk.

First.. you may use whatever weapon you choose to kill said hooker as long as it is not the seat.
Second, it is improper to attach the now dead hooker to the trunk lid as if it were a spoiler.
Third, make sure once again that your dead hooker is really dead before inserting into trunk or the dead hooker might be able to pull the glow in the dark strap and escape from your trunk.

Finally some valuable information from an auto owner's manual!
eikond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #5
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Hmmm... how about this? Does that help you out? http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...ight=93+octane

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote