follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 08-26-2015, 03:20 AM   #1
Maaad86

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MAAAD86's dream build

Whats going on guys I think I have done enough to my park by now to start a build thread and share the debt and craziness with y'all!

Little background on me I am 25 years old acquired my DL when I was 18 and since then have had 20 different vehicles ranging from Honda Del Sol to a couple Jeeps to a NA to turbo 300zx Z32.

I acquired my 2013 FRS to fulfill a dream of owning the best build I've ever had with the newest car I've ever owned, I am now older and make enough money to feed my addiction and this is the journey to integrate all my acquired knowledge throughout the years and all the different lessons I learned with all the platforms I have experienced.

I purchased my car in May 2015 with 3094 miles on it. It came stock besides the Factory spoiler and TRD catback.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
The Mazda 3 is my girls car and is also currently in a transformation phase including the removal and exchange of body panels and paint scheme.
I kept the car stock for the first month or so get to know it, it was also my first RWD I've had in a while so the first couple thousand miles were fun went on two cruises and joined the Arizona86 club, where I have met a whole bunch of cool dudes that have given me advice as to where get parts and all the dealio.
here are some random pictures:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
After driving my car for two months stock it was obvious it needed upgrades to accommodate the aggressive driving habits I have and it needed more low as I failed the shoe test miserably with the stock wheels and tires.
I opted with springs for now as I do not need coilovers (at the moment) for my daily commute and overall use of the car, which is hauling ass everywhere without worrying about bottoming out everywhere.
I chose the Eibach Sportlines and at the same time ordered wheels and tires.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Passed the Mighty Car Mods shoe test!
[IMG][/IMG]
The wheels I chose are Enkei Kojin in 17x9+45 I love 5 spoke wheels and the design of these are clean but simple enough (I don't like deep dish wheels)
[IMG][/IMG]
These are only sold in matte silver or matte black neither of which color I wanted so when I got them I plasti-dipped two of them with white and before I did the other two in gold I fell in love and struggled to find a shop that would paint them matte white for me until I found Arizona Powder coat, which by the way I will be picking them up tomorrow and am super excited.
here is a picture of the two dipped wheels:
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
I will be installing these in Nitto's in 245/40/17 in all four corners.

Last edited by Maaad86; 08-26-2015 at 04:05 AM.
Maaad86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:54 AM   #2
Maaad86

Now in this time of me waiting for my new wheels my car went through minor but multiple changes in a very short period of time which included
me trying to wrap the taillights and side markers only the latter of both was successful.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
At one of the AZ86 meet I meet a new member with the same color and year of cars so we decided to swap trunks after a mini photoshoot since I was planning to get a different spoiler than the stock and the holes would not match, Connor was cool enough to agree right then and there and luckily thanks to two other members we gathered enough tools to pull it off in about twenty minutes in the middle of the parking lot.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Other upgrades include the removal of the rear seat, I am currently working on a surprise that will replace the seat but for now it shall remain a secret.
I finally got my windows tinted, and a Perrin two inch antenna replaced the ridiculous long stock one that bent for my incredible top speeds when I threw a car cover on it at night.

and the best upgrade of all in my opinion and definitely attracts more attention so far is the 2008-2014 Impreza STI wing I installed with two buddies because ever since I test drove the car in 2013 I knew that wing would look awesome in this chassis and I couldn't be happier.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
For now that is it if I have time I will mount the newly painted wheels and get pictures with them. I have big plans including Supercharge it and I want a Five :AD lip kit really bad before they are out since they recently stopped producing them. So much more as I plan on taking it on track days but be my daily always.

Thank you for reading subscribe for more and follow me on instagram and or snapchat @Maaad86
Old 08-26-2015, 09:32 AM   #3
TWMPerformance
Banned

Drives: Manual Transmission, All the Way!
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Those new wheels look superb in white!

- Renato
TWMPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
That STI wing fit just fine?

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 02:28 AM   #5
Higher Being

Drives: 2014 Asphalt Grey FRS
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
That wing has me on the fence! I think i can see the potential in it but it looks very strange with out any other body modifications to bring it together.

Best of luck though, good on you for trying something different than everyone.
Higher Being is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:25 AM   #6
Slammedsteve

Drives: 2013 Asphalt Fr-s,91 240sx missle
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
More pics of that ass. Both the car and the girl
Seriously more pics of the rear of the car please? I want to see how that sti spoiler looks since the nur spec is so expensive. Also I'm excited to see what you've done with the back seat because we all know its pretty much useless haha.
Nice car bro, the gt86 is my dream build too
Slammedsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 04:55 AM   #7
Futaba

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Cars lovely but that wing just doesn't do anything for me, looks too big for the car as it is, if you had rocketbunny/large arches and wide wheels it would look better but on the stock arches it looks too unballanced
Futaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 12:50 AM   #8
Maaad86

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWMPerformance View Post
Those new wheels look superb in white!

- Renato
Thanks man can't wait to install them now that they are powder coated
Old 08-28-2015, 12:52 AM   #9
Maaad86

Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
That STI wing fit just fine?
It took us a bit of measuring to fit it just right we had to cut off one of the bolts where the trunk in the frs dips down. I have a gap there that i might try to fix with fiber glass but it doesn't bother me. I love it makes me smile every time i look I the rear view mirror
Old 08-28-2015, 12:53 AM   #10
Maaad86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higher Being View Post
That wing has me on the fence! I think i can see the potential in it but it looks very strange with out any other body modifications to bring it together.

Best of luck though, good on you for trying something different than everyone.
Thanks man, the car is a build in progress, although i won't go rocket bunny i do plan on full set of diffusers and maybe a five axis lip kit we will see
Old 08-28-2015, 12:55 AM   #11
Maaad86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammedsteve View Post
Seriously more pics of the rear of the car please? I want to see how that sti spoiler looks since the nur spec is so expensive. Also I'm excited to see what you've done with the back seat because we all know its pretty much useless haha.
I am more than happy to share my cars rear, my girl is just for me 😜 ok I'll get some pictures later tonight when i get home, I'm at work right now
Yeah the rear seat is coming aLong its just expensive lol
Old 08-28-2015, 12:56 AM   #12
Maaad86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futaba View Post
Cars lovely but that wing just doesn't do anything for me, looks too big for the car as it is, if you had rocketbunny/large arches and wide wheels it would look better but on the stock arches it looks too unballanced
Thank you for the post my build will keep progressing how ever wide body is not on the list like every one else👍🏼
Old 08-28-2015, 01:47 AM   #13
Maaad86

MAAAD86's dream build

Update on the build, I received a call from my wheels that they were ready to be picked up and they look awesome. Now I have to sell my socks so I can buy two more tires and install the new ones.
[IMG][/IMG]
http://<a href="http://s359.photobuc...[/IMG]</a>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2015, 03:33 AM   #14
Maaad86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammedsteve View Post

Here ya go, once I get my wheels ill use a better camara 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Maaad86 For This Useful Post:
Slammedsteve (08-28-2015)