follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics

BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) -- General Topics General topics for the second-gen BRZ

User Tag List

Old 05-09-2023, 04:04 PM   #15
knpln

Drives: 2022 Toyota GR86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Not with them just zip-tied to the bottom of the seat. However, the way they mount between the seat and sliders, it wouldn't be difficult for a company that makes seat brackets to make one that can accommodate the sensors, and aftermarket seats might be close enough in weight to get away with it.

There are two smaller bolts that attach each sensor to the sliders, and then one larger bolt that connects the sensor to the seat.

-Mike
I managed to sort of get this working with my Bride seats. Those seats attach horizontally to the rails but the rails have two pieces that are screwed together vertically. I took out the four sensors from the stock seat and screwed them in between the two rail pieces at one point each. This is enough to cause the airbags to always be on.

The large screw in the middle, I could not figure out how to remove it from the sensor, so I sawed it off so that the sensor could fit between the rails. I also needed to connect the OEM seatbelt buckle to the harness in order to turn off the airbag warning light and also get the passenger airbags to engage. That is just fastened underneath the seat right now.

The sensors need to stick out of the rails a bit rather than in where they would be hidden just because of fitment issues with the harness plugs.
Attached Images

knpln is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to knpln For This Useful Post:
jongers (05-09-2023)
Old 05-28-2023, 04:32 PM   #16
jongers

Drives: 19 86, 22 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A couple of my friends were able to fabricate a passenger seat weight sensor bracket for anyone interested.

Provides a solution for mounting those seat sensors in a fixed position underneath your seat (they'll scratch the bottom of your seat due to the bolts attached to each sensor (unless if you saw it off).

[img]https://i.imgur.com/fC****B.jpg[/img]

If interested, feel free to shoot @ akitakuya a message on instagram (not me).

(These have been tested to fit Bride FG & Buddy Club rails so far)
Old 09-10-2023, 03:21 AM   #17
grippgoat

Drives: 2023 BRZ, 2018 Golf R 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I noticed Gerald Just Projects has this now:
https://www.geraldjustprojects.com/p.../gjp-seat-sim/
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grippgoat For This Useful Post:
jongers (09-14-2023)