follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 05-26-2023, 12:37 AM   #15
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycrors7 View Post
want and may possibly introduce a supercharger once something CARB legal is out on the market
When I first put my supercharger on my '15 with carb legal tune, I was so dissapointed. If you live in a state where CARB is all you can do, save your money and keep it stock. A lot of money for very little.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 01:10 AM   #16
mycrors7

Drives: zd8 brz
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
When I first put my supercharger on my '15 with carb legal tune, I was so dissapointed. If you live in a state where CARB is all you can do, save your money and keep it stock. A lot of money for very little.
ive driven a vortech kit on a 2013 frs before. having owned overly-priced shitboxes that are EXTREMELY disappointing in my past should prove money means nothing if you are having fun.

its more than enough to have fun. new gen motor seems to respond well to F/I. im not really chase top power, but more doing so to keep the linear powerbands of NA but increase overall output and feel.

i live in a state with CARB. im gonna work around CARB regardless of cost. its a good feeling knowing you are modified and everything is legal. if i was gonna keep a car stock, i wouldnt have purchased a car with MASSIVE amounts of aftermarket.
mycrors7 is offline   Reply With Quote