follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

User Tag List

Old 08-18-2016, 03:31 PM   #15
paiceyfan

Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonojordan View Post
They are a winter bias all season tire. The side wall is very soft. You will have alot of tire roll. I had these on my wrx before I went summer tire/ winter tire rather then running all seasons.
That's disappointing to hear...I will be hitting the track a couple of times per year, but I did not want to go all summer, as I daily drive this on cold, winter days.

Would you say they have a stiffer sidewall than the Primacy?

Last edited by paiceyfan; 08-18-2016 at 03:48 PM.
paiceyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:43 PM   #16
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Your not going to be real happy with the DWS tires on the brz. Just a for warning if you do any kind of sporty driving.
Quote:
They are a winter bias all season tire. The side wall is very soft. You will have alot of tire roll. I had these on my wrx before I went summer tire/ winter tire rather then running all seasons.
I do a ton of miles (1300 last week) and many of them are aggressively driven on real mtn roads. I have these tires and haven't been disappointed at all. I haven't had them out on a track though so can't comment on their abilities there.
Old 08-22-2016, 09:28 AM   #17
jasonojordan

Drives: 2013 satin white brz limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
I do a ton of miles (1300 last week) and many of them are aggressively driven on real mtn roads. I have these tires and haven't been disappointed at all. I haven't had them out on a track though so can't comment on their abilities there.
Perhaps they have changed the tread compound or something then because I used them on my 02 wrx back when the tires 1st hit the market 4 or so years ago and they were just to soft for aggressive summer driving on the wrx. Changed to the DW that I have run as my summer tire since right after I had the DWS on the wrx and it made a world of difference. That said it could also be that because the chassis is setup so well on the brz that it is masking some of the soft wall characteristics of the tire. I have not run them on the brz.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 10:59 AM   #18
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Perhaps they have changed the tread compound or something then because I used them on my 02 wrx back when the tires 1st hit the market 4 or so years ago and they were just to soft for aggressive summer driving on the wrx. Changed to the DW that I have run as my summer tire since right after I had the DWS on the wrx and it made a world of difference. That said it could also be that because the chassis is setup so well on the brz that it is masking some of the soft wall characteristics of the tire. I have not run them on the brz.
It could also be that I'm old and prefer a more compliant ride rather than stiff and bouncy.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:21 PM   #19
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
take to tuner shop. they'll be more careful than dealership
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 12:44 PM   #20
paiceyfan

Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Well, went with the dealer and it worked out real well, they were very detail-oriented.

Replaced all four tires with DWS for $460. Mobil-1 oil and filter change and mount and balance tires came to $99. Not bad total.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
humfrz (08-23-2016)