follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 06-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #1
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Dealerships to buy from in the SE

Let's start a list of the dealers to buy from. Follow the format below if possible:

Dealership Name:
State:
City:
Brand: (ie Scion, Subaru or both)
Salesman to talk to:
Reference desired: (ie tell them Bob sent you, etc)
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know:

Details of your experience with the dealership:
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #2
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
I'll start

Dealership Name: Mastro Subaru
State: FL
City: Tampa/Sanford
Brand: Subaru
Salesman to talk to: Sean McCarthy in Tampa, haven't dealt with the Sanford guys
Reference desired: Sure if you want, tell them Dave sent you
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Sadly no, all 26 cars are spoken for for the first 7 month period.

I've made my experience pretty clear already but my experience was absolutely wonderful with this dealership and they stood by the deal I had with them when so many other dealerships increased to MSRP or more. I can't say enough about this dealership, it's honestly been the best new car buying experience I've ever had. The team there is great, they are honest and trustworthy which is something that's hard to find these days in dealerships. They also have a points program where you get points for maintenance and can get oil changes, etc for free after building up points. They also cover oil changes as part of a new program beyond the two years Subaru covers.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (06-04-2012), Snoopyalien24 (06-25-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #3
killa.sushi.robot

Drives: 12 Sienna Se, FR-S Asphalt 6MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Dealership Name: Courtesy Toyota/Scion (Brandon, Adamo Dr)
State: Florida
City: Tampa
Brand: Scion
Salesman to talk to: John
Reference desired: if you want, Chris
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Got a few autos coming in i think

Details of your experience with the dealership: Really pleasant, bought a Sienna SE from them 8 months ago. Really down to earth and helpful. Made no fuss, about me wanting a basic FR-S. Put my deposit down, and as promise, was no markup. Will update, when i finally take delivery. Happy i went back.
killa.sushi.robot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to killa.sushi.robot For This Useful Post:
Dave-ROR (06-05-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
MattR
Running in the 90s

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Leith Toyota
State: North Carolina
City: Raleigh
Brand: Toyota/Scion
Salesman to talk to: Alan Hillman
Reference desired: None needed.
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: They have an Argento AT test-drive mule, but no others when I was there.

After a horrible experience at my local dealership, I made the 2-hour drive to Leith. The least amount of pressure I've ever felt in a dealership. If you know what you want, and don't want to deal with any BS, get to Leith and ask for Alan. Alan will get you straight up MSRP whether you are buying one off the lot, or ordering custom. I ordered a Whiteout 6MT with no options for MSRP. Left a $500.00 deposit to do so, and have about a 3 month wait. Also, very agreeable doc/dealer fees for North Carolina.
The Following User Says Thank You to MattR For This Useful Post:
Dave-ROR (06-05-2012)
Old 06-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
McFly
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S - Hot Lava
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Sun Toyota
City: Holiday
Salesman to talk to: Willie Patti
Reference desired: Greg who bought the Hot Lava FR-S
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Nothing as of writing this post (they deal in volume and likely have more on the way)

Details of your experience with the dealership: I had a bad experience the day prior at another dealership (see other thread). That evening I searched around on cars.com and saw a manual FR-S at Sun Toyota. They were already closed, but I was able to do online chat. They took my information and said someone would be in touch. I received a phone call about an hour later from one of the internet sales folks from her mobile phone while she was heading home. Told me the car I saw online was already sold but a Hot Lava one (even better!) was coming in on a dealer trade. I called her back the next morning, gave my credit card for a $500.00 deposit to hold the car. They didn't charge my card anything (no hold even showed up). Went by after work, they greeted me nicely, brought the car off the showroom floor for the test drive right away, and answered all my questions. Willie Patti was the sales associate and he was a stand up guy through and through. Even went on edmunds.com with me to value my trade when I was unhappy, then got me a a tad more than what was showing online. It was late in the day but he stuck around while I handled my financing (which was lower than everything else around!). By the way, Sun Toyota has NO DEALER FEE. The FR-S models coming through there aren't optioned like crazy, and there is no markup.

They setup my Toyoguard registration for me, called me to check in over the past week, and even washed my car for me when I stopped back in. Now I get to enjoy my Hot Lava FR-S knowing I wasn't mistreated at the dealership.
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Opie

Drives: '13 BRZ TLM Spec
Thanked 2,309 Times in 996 Posts
Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Garage
City: Tampa
Salesman to talk to: Sean McCarthy
Reference desired: Tell them Will (or Dave )sent you!
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Nope, all 16 cars are spoken for for the first 7 month period. But keep checking as some may cancel!

Been a customer of Mastro's for 17 year's, after 10 years of honest, no-pressure dealings I became an employee 7 years ago. If you want a great car at a fair price there is really no comparison. Plus you get the benefits of a top-notch service department, enthusiast employees and the rewards program! Get the car you want, as you want it and no add-on fee's.
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #7
Cornerman

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Beechmont Subaru
State: Ohio
City: Cincinnati
Salesman to talk to: Paul Kane
Allocation left: 4 out of 8
Details of your experience with the dealership: This is the second Subaru I have purchased from Paul. He is a true enthusiast and can relate to car nuts like us. I live 80 miles away and near two other dealerships, but after being treated so well when I bought my 2011 WRX I didn't hesitate to order this car from him. If anything, the experience was even better this time. Also kudos to the finance lady who pulled some strings to get me an interest rate of 1.79% and to the lady in service who cheerfully responded to my spur-of-the-moment request to reprogram the interior light and door lock functions. (As it turned out, Subaru had not yet equipped them to do this, but they said they would take care of it next time I'm in Cinci.)
Overall this was by far the best treatment I've ever experienced from a car dealer.
Cornerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:00 AM   #8
TrickyFrenchman

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Beaman Scion
State: TN
City: Nashville
Salesman to talk to: Chris Bargatze
Reference desired: Tell Chris that Kirk sent you
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 0 at the moment, perhaps two in July. May be spoken for, as they were taking deposits for those when I bought mine on June 7th.

Details of your experience with the dealership: No mark-ups, add-ons, etc. The car I bought was already spoken for when I went to look at it. So, I put money down on the next one that was to come in (they said they would return the deposit if I didn't like the next one to come in). However, the guy buying the car on the lot backed out. They called me as he was walking out the door and told me to come down and pick-up my car. An hour later, I was driving away. No hidden fees, etc. They didn't give me as much for my trade as I would have liked, but I knew that was going to happen and didn't want to go through the hassle of selling it outright. In the end it was about a $700 difference. I kinda wanted the car more than the $700 at that point.
TrickyFrenchman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrickyFrenchman For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (06-22-2012), Dave-ROR (06-20-2012)
Old 06-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #9
schtebie

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Performance Subaru
State: North Carolina
City: Chapel Hill
Salesman to talk to: Mike Pinto
Allocation left: 1 (the last time I checked)
Details of your experience with the dealership: I was in NC from out of state and decided to drop by to see a BRZ in person for the first time. Mike was extremely helpful and not once did he try to pressure me into trying to order a car. He patiently answered every question I had - going so far as to address my concerns with trunk space that he grabbed a bunch of duffel bags from the accessory counter and organize everything in the trunk to show just how much stuff you could fit in there. Excellent guy to work with and if I actually lived in-state, I wouldn't have hesitated to place my order right then and there. Go see Mike!
schtebie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #10
Zxtole

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Legacy Toyota
City: Tallahassee
Salesman to talk to: Tony Dalton
Reference desired: Talk to Tony and mention Jeremy pointed you in his direction please.
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 2, White 6AT, Black 6AT

Details of your experience with the dealership: Went in and not only did he offer me a test drive in both the auto and manual cars available without any hassle, he worked with me and showed knowledge of the car. They found my car (Ultramarine, 6MT) in Wesley Chapel, Florida and showed me these silly markups that that dealership had (Wesley Chapel Toyota), $100 for nitrogen, window tint is $320, $4k market adjustment...etc going up to $30,211.

Charged me MSRP plus a $500 dollar delivery fee, best I could ask for.
Zxtole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #11
Snoopyalien24
Mr. Sarcasm

Drives: 2016 VW Jetta TSI Sport 5-Speed
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Anyone know about Subaru of Pembroke Pines down here in South FL?
Snoopyalien24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #12
white devil
Go Gators!

Drives: FRS White-out "blown up"
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Dealership Name: Central Florida Toyota
City: Orlando
Brand: (Scion)
Salesman to talk to: Edwin
Reference desired: (tell them Scott sent you)
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: not sure

Details of your experience with the dealership: Fantastic!!!
white devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #13
Zgrinch

Drives: 2013 Limited DGM BRZ
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
I'll start

City: Tampa/Sanford
Salesman to talk to: Sean McCarthy in Tampa, haven't dealt with the Sanford guys
Reference desired: Sure if you want, tell them Dave sent you
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Sadly no, all 26 cars are spoken for for the first 7 month period.

I've made my experience pretty clear already but my experience was absolutely wonderful with this dealership and they stood by the deal I had with them when so many other dealerships increased to MSRP or more. I can't say enough about this dealership, it's honestly been the best new car buying experience I've ever had. The team there is great, they are honest and trustworthy which is something that's hard to find these days in dealerships. They also have a points program where you get points for maintenance and can get oil changes, etc for free after building up points. They also cover oil changes as part of a new program beyond the two years Subaru covers.
The best dealer in FL period. Buying a BRZ? Buy from them.

BRZGrincherhood
Zgrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:48 AM   #14
sparks

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Dealership Name: Subaru of Jacksonville
City: Jacksonville
Salesman to talk to: Peyton
Reference desired: Tell them Shaun sent you!
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: Sorry but NO, all 11 cars are spoken for and they have a stand by list.

Bought our first car in 2002 dealing directly with the Owner. No BS, just straight forward car deals with everything on the table. I too was so impressed I became an employee.
sparks is offline   Reply With Quote