follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-22-2019, 09:25 PM   #1
Unholypanda

Drives: 2017 BRZ Premium w/ PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Port OFT Tune to EcuTek

Is there a quick and easy way to use an OFT E85 tune with ProECU and write it to my car? I want to diagnose whether whats going on with my idle acceleration and misfire issues is due to a mechanical or tuning issue.
Unholypanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:24 PM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholypanda View Post
Is there a quick and easy way to use an OFT E85 tune with ProECU and write it to my car? I want to diagnose whether whats going on with my idle acceleration and misfire issues is due to a mechanical or tuning issue.

No not quickly unless you have tuner version of ecutek
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 06:16 AM   #3
Unholypanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
No not quickly unless you have tuner version of ecutek
The issue I’m having is when I get on the throttle aggressively at idle the RPMs drop like 100 and the engine misfires then it revs like normal. Also once I switched my tank to E85 to do data logging for my flex tune it started having misfires at startup whether the engine is cold or warm. I’m trying to diagnose it as a tune or mechanical issue by swapping out the tune but can’t go back to OFT since I’ll lose my EcuTek license. Would zeroing out the AF 3 Correction table on the stock map be enough to flash the stock rom to my car with catless headers to at least do a couple cold starts and low RPM idle revs? The only other issue is that it has a full tank of E85, but that should be fine as long as I stay under 4K right?

Bill at delicious thinks it’s an exhaust or vacuum leak but I’ve checked everything twice, and can’t find anything.

Here’s some logs:
Cold Start
Misfires Durring Idle Revs
Base E85 Logs

Last edited by Unholypanda; 10-23-2019 at 06:32 AM.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:04 AM   #4
steve99
Banned

https://datazap.me/u/unholypanda/mis...146-118-115-82

I think your front 02 sensor is bad, its cycling from full lean 20 afr to full rich 11 afr. With no throttle input. Commanded afr is steady at 14.7, and fuel quantity delivered from port and direct barely changes
Old 10-23-2019, 08:28 AM   #5
Unholypanda

Quote:
https://datazap.me/u/unholypanda/mis...146-118-115-82

I think your front 02 sensor is bad, its cycling from full lean 20 afr to full rich 11 afr. With no throttle input. Commanded afr is steady at 14.7, and fuel quantity delivered from port and direct barely changes
Think I should just try swapping it out? Front one is the AFR sensor right? It's an expensive part to just try swapping. Any recommendations on one to buy?

I was worried about it since I left it sit out of the header for a bit when I was doing my swap. Do you think cleaning it is possible to avoid a full replacement?

I does seem strange to me that the AFR is consistent. It's fluctuating in a consistent manner. https://datazap.me/u/unholypanda/col...zoom=3041-4130
Its spiking lean right when I get on the throttle then going rich right when it misfires and only when it misfires. The 3rd one didnt misfire, but I guess neither did the 5th and it had the same AFR readings and 1,2, and 4.

Last edited by Unholypanda; 10-23-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:31 PM   #6
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
How would flashing the same tune to the car with EcuTek vs OFT rule anything out? If the flash was corrupted it wouldn't be running at all.
Old 10-23-2019, 03:33 PM   #7
Unholypanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
How would flashing the same tune to the car with EcuTek vs OFT rule anything out? If the flash was corrupted it wouldn't be running at all.
I never mentioned anything about the flash being corrupted? I just want to try the OFT E85 tune without losing my EcuTek license to rule out any mechanical issues so I can focus on getting whatever is causing it in the tune fixed.
Old 10-23-2019, 04:50 PM   #8
steve99
Banned

Quote:
Think I should just try swapping it out? Front one is the AFR sensor right? It's an expensive part to just try swapping. Any recommendations on one to buy?

I was worried about it since I left it sit out of the header for a bit when I was doing my swap. Do you think cleaning it is possible to avoid a full replacement?

I does seem strange to me that the AFR is consistent. It's fluctuating in a consistent manner. https://datazap.me/u/unholypanda/col...zoom=3041-4130
Its spiking lean right when I get on the throttle then going rich right when it misfires and only when it misfires. The 3rd one didnt misfire, but I guess neither did the 5th and it had the same AFR readings and 1,2, and 4.
That log its acting differently the 02 sensor seems ok , maybe a little slow to react

You manifold pressure\vaccuum at idle is good 0.35 bar, your fuel trims at idle are low so it doesnt indicate exhaust or intake leaks

Check the DI computer under bonnet has all three bolts tight, thats its earth\ground if it not well grounded weird stuff happens

Message me

Give me you ecu calid
Engine mods
Im assuming you NA with stock injectors
And ill send you a super basic tune to test with
Assume your rear 02 flex kit
Old 10-23-2019, 07:21 PM   #9
Unholypanda

Quote:
That log its acting differently the 02 sensor seems ok , maybe a little slow to react

You manifold pressure\vaccuum at idle is good 0.35 bar, your fuel trims at idle are low so it doesnt indicate exhaust or intake leaks

Check the DI computer under bonnet has all three bolts tight, thats its earth\ground if it not well grounded weird stuff happens

Message me

Give me you ecu calid
Engine mods
Im assuming you NA with stock injectors
And ill send you a super basic tune to test with
Assume your rear 02 flex kit
PMed
Old 10-23-2019, 08:20 PM   #10
toast

Drives: 14 BSP Edelbrock BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Please keep us updated if you find a resolution to this. My edelbrock tune is doing the same thing when the car is cold. Blip the gas at idle and it almost stalls before recovering. My logs look pretty much the same.
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 08:30 PM   #11
Unholypanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Please keep us updated if you find a resolution to this. My edelbrock tune is doing the same thing when the car is cold. Blip the gas at idle and it almost stalls before recovering. My logs look pretty much the same.
Bill thinks it might be a racerom issue. They are also doing updates for all FI tunes because of a bug with some of the LSPI fixes they were doing. If you’re using delicious tuning that is.
Old 10-23-2019, 08:49 PM   #12
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
I never mentioned anything about the flash being corrupted? I just want to try the OFT E85 tune without losing my EcuTek license to rule out any mechanical issues so I can focus on getting whatever is causing it in the tune fixed.

Ahhh, I read it as you currently have it flashed with OFT and wanted to try flashing using EcuTek but using the same ROM.

After that explanation it makes a lot more sense.
Old 10-24-2019, 08:44 AM   #13
Unholypanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
Got a modified OFT tune from Steve that worked with ProECU and flashed it. So far its working perfect. The cold start sounds better, and the AC idle dip I had is even less noticeable. No misfires at idle or when I rev. Going to leave this tune on for now and drive around some more to see if any of it comes back.