follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 11-29-2020, 06:19 PM   #1
1Saucyyy_brz

Drives: 460whp built turbo brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help diagnosing P0441 code

This is my first time posting so I apologize in advance if I make any mistakes.
Anyways, about a month ago I got a CEL light and SLIP light. Codes were P0441 and C1201. Car has a built motor with a full blown motor sports turbo kit. I started experiences so “hiccups” while cruising the other day to work, the car would buck and the AFR would fluctuate. Long story short I ruled it out to my MAP sensor going bad and replaced it.. solved the problem. Shortly after the car was running extremely rich while down low in the RPMS while casually accelerating. (AFR was in low 9’s) the car would struggle to accelerate because it was so rich. Another problem that occurred shortly after was that my car now started overboosting. Target was 18psi and it hits up ways of 22 because my wastegate isn’t opening. (Confirmation it’s not the wastegate after disassembling and cleaning) long story short I think both problems are related to the codes that my car has thrown. After doing some research I came down to inspecting my purge valve for the emissions system. I had forgotten that over a year and some months ago full blown had told me to take the harness for the solenoid to power a boost controller (ended up not working) but that valve had been unplugged ever since and I only got the codes a month ago.. should I find a new harness so I can plug it back in and see if that fixes the problem. I’ve read about people disconnecting that valve and capping off the hoses because they use it for a boost controller so part of me thinks that the valve isn’t the problem and it might be something else in the EVAP system. Sorry for the information overload but this is the one problem on my car that has stumped me.
1Saucyyy_brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2021, 10:01 PM   #2
Jonprgt86

Drives: 2013 FR-S Turbo w built engine
Hey have you found out what the issue is? Im having the same issue as you, after having my engine built and a bigger turbo. Now I still had my boost controller plugged in to the evap plug and the actual evap lines eliminated and plug on the manifold. For a min there thought it was Direct Injectors and swapped them for new ones and sadly it did not fix it.
Jonprgt86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 12:23 AM   #3
1Saucyyy_brz

Drives: 460whp built turbo brz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonprgt86 View Post
Hey have you found out what the issue is? Im having the same issue as you, after having my engine built and a bigger turbo. Now I still had my boost controller plugged in to the evap plug and the actual evap lines eliminated and plug on the manifold. For a min there thought it was Direct Injectors and swapped them for new ones and sadly it did not fix it.
No fix for this yet, I still have this issue and just posted a new thread on it for the third time in attempts to find a fix. Have you had any luck on your end?
1Saucyyy_brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2022, 05:45 PM   #4
Jynx

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
found the fix for this shit yet?
Jynx is offline   Reply With Quote