follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 01-10-2024, 09:12 AM   #4467
Desertnate
Spelling Impaired

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited WR Blue
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiovino View Post
See above. It depends how serious you are about autocross. Just know that to run the 245's in front on the stock suspension, you'll need extended studs and a spacer. Rears you keep inboard as normal as there's plenty of inner room.

225/45/17 is the easy button and fits 100% even with the stock +48 offset. I ran a 3mm spacer on mine, but it wasn't necessary... so I had an effective +45 offset.
Since I'm running a +45 wheel, I'll be able to fit 245's without the spacers, correct?

Quote:
It depends where you are with autocross. Given you're running the RT660's, you're probably not up at the top. RE71RS are the top street tire now-adays. I had the RT660's and for an autocross tire, I kinda hated them. By about run 100, they were more or less dead in terms of heat cycles and grip, yet they had plenty of tread. I ran them out to 230 runs, but the last 100 runs were dreadful. Between RE-11A's, RE-71R's, Hankook RS3's's, and A052's, out of all of them, I wanted the RT660's off the car the most.
Interesting. I'm about mid-pack in pax overall, mid-pack overall in raw time, and usually in the top 1/3 in class. I'm not setting the world on fire, but have made significant personal improvement last season as I got more familiar with the car and started using a 220TW tire.

I usually run about 8~10 events a season so 50~60 runs a year plus the 45min drive to/from the event location. Since I was buying a full wheel/tire package I went with the 660's to keep the overall package costs down, and honestly have been pretty happy with them. When they need to be replaced I'll likely move upmarket to the Yoke's or Bridgestone's.

Last edited by Desertnate; 01-11-2024 at 09:04 AM.
Desertnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 02:49 PM   #4468
Simok

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So I'm getting ready to lower and put wheels and tires on my 2013 frs. It will mostly be daily driven with some canyon drives and hopefully some track days.

So far I have purchased fortune auto 500 coilovers 6k/7k with swift springs, volk te37sl 18x9.5 +40. I plan to lower the car at least 1inch, but no more then 2. Looking to not rub and be as "meaty" as possible without removing any fender liners or roll/pull fenders. Definately don't want to stretch the tire.

Right now I'm stuck on what tire size to go with, I have been doing research and it seems like 255 or 245 35/18 is the way to go. Ideally id like 40 sidewall but idk if that possible. Im confused on width because some people say 245 is stretched and some say its ok, ive seen some saying 255 is close to stretched. I'm pretty new to all this so trying to make sure it will look good but most of all be functional and not cause any issues. If I could hear some of your opinions that would be great. Also would I need any sort of lcas or anything else to get the fitment and alignment dialed in?

Last edited by Simok; 01-10-2024 at 05:44 PM.
Simok is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitment, flush, offset, rays volk te37's, rims, rotas, size, spacers, width