follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 05-25-2016, 06:33 AM   #57
rsingh

Drives: gt 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
B-R-Z dude thanks so much for the recommendation of this deck, just installed it today which was really easy and no modifications where required, the unit at first was pretty shit with the stock firmware but after installing the latest android 4.4.4 by malaysk holy shit this this becomes good its sooo much faster really that firmware makes all the difference, I didn't even backup the original firmware I just chucked on those two files on a sd card which i mentioned in my previous post, google maps wouldnt even run on the stock firmware without crashing but on this firmware runs just fine and in fact this unit seems more responsive then my previous pioneer head unit that had android auto/carplay, theres still some things i need to figure out how get music to play from the sd card on the music app that was designed for that firmware, works on the other music apps but not on the stock music app not really an issue still figuring it out, also using voice search on google maps seems a bit hit and miss but obviously searching manually works well, overall im glad i got this over the ca fi one which seems to have many issues, very happy so far with the unit.
rsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:46 AM   #58
B-R-Z
I love peanut butter

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Glad u got it figured out @rsingh. Yes the unit is bad with the factory firmware, the aftermarket stuff really makes a huge difference.

The sd music should work in the music app. When you slide your finger right over the music app, it should display a screen where you may need to select SD card as the source. It should then populate a list with your music
B-R-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 08:50 AM   #59
rsingh

Drives: gt 86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
oh yeah got that the music thing sorted now, i had the sd card in the gps slot seems to work fine with it in the sd card slot, also even voice search with google maps seems to work although it doesnt quiet down the music as its listening however it still seems to register what i said,
rsingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 11:35 PM   #60
tofurun

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
The first thing that caught my eye was the torque app. This will save me money on gauges if it reads right. Main questions are will the torque app on there read the oil temp and oil pressure levels on screen?
tofurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 11:14 PM   #61
doctorman
Joying-USA

Drives: Highlander 08
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurun View Post
The first thing that caught my eye was the torque app. This will save me money on gauges if it reads right. Main questions are will the torque app on there read the oil temp and oil pressure levels on screen?
you might want to ask the torque app support that question

if OBD2 in your car can provide that information, torque app can show it
doctorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 08:04 AM   #62
bogdan1709

Drives: Hyundai
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hi guys,

I screwed up my klyde 7.1 unit. Using admin password I entered in some settings, I changed something and the unit restarted and now on the display are shown only some colored stripes. I wish to do a factory reset, but since the display is unusable, I ask you if you know other way then the one that needs to access settings. Thanks.
bogdan1709 is offline   Reply With Quote