follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-02-2016, 10:27 AM   #6273
86Boyz

Drives: on the highway to hell
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuseChaser View Post
And then a great sadness appeared in my heart for those unable to entertain the possibility that we are all NOT here by accident, happenstance, or coincidence, and that mankind may not be the driving force behind all things truly awesome and wonderful.

I do find it sad that it is now fashionable and acceptable to promote atheism in ever increasingly disrepectful manners (and I'm not suggesting 806Boyz' post was particularly disrespectful... I was referencing the increasing amount of posts and commentary on other forums and news comment sites where folks refer to "the mythical fairy in the sky and his zombie son" and other similarly discompassionate phrases towards those who believe... it doesn't get much more disrespectful than that), yet speaking up for one's belief now automatically gets you branded as somehow unintelligent, a loon, and, usually, banned. One of the things I like about this forum above almost all others I've participated in over the years is that it takes its ban of political and religious discussions seriously. I'm in favor of that... live and let live. On the other hand, if one viewpoint is allowed to be espoused, then I feel obligated to respond.

May the peace and love given us by the birth of Jesus be with everyone this Christmas season, whether you believe or not.

Mods... I totally understand and accept it if you wish to delete this, assuming of course that the posts that referenced the existence or alleged lack thereof of God are deleted, too.

Gotta stand up for what you believe in. No offense intended to anyone.

Barry

Nothing wrong with having opposing beliefs.
86Boyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:34 AM   #6274
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
And then a great sadness appeared in my heart for those unable to entertain the possibility that we are all NOT here by accident, happenstance, or coincidence, and that mankind may not be the driving force behind all things truly awesome and wonderful.

I do find it sad that it is now fashionable and acceptable to promote atheism in ever increasingly disrepectful manners (and I'm not suggesting 806Boyz' post was particularly disrespectful... I was referencing the increasing amount of posts and commentary on other forums and news comment sites where folks refer to "the mythical fairy in the sky and his zombie son" and other similarly discompassionate phrases towards those who believe... it doesn't get much more disrespectful than that), yet speaking up for one's belief now automatically gets you branded as somehow unintelligent, a loon, and, usually, banned. One of the things I like about this forum above almost all others I've participated in over the years is that it takes its ban of political and religious discussions seriously. I'm in favor of that... live and let live. On the other hand, if one viewpoint is allowed to be espoused, then I feel obligated to respond.

May the peace and love given us by the birth of Jesus be with everyone this Christmas season, whether you believe or not.

Mods... I totally understand and accept it if you wish to delete this, assuming of course that the posts that referenced the existence or alleged lack thereof of God are deleted, too.

Gotta stand up for what you believe in. No offense intended to anyone.

Barry
It doesn't mean your unintelligent, overall. I'm ignorant about many things but I do know that science can prove that world wasn't created in 6 days LMAO. Unless the devil put dinosaur bones down there to fool our feeble minds. :eyeroll:

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Ashikabi (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 10:36 AM   #6275
MuseChaser
Feeling like thinking....

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,064 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Boyz View Post
Nothing wrong with having opposing beliefs.
Agreed. Thanks.. and, to bring it back to the thread topic...
Attached Images

MuseChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:41 AM   #6276
FX86
Banned

Drives: on the wrongside of the road
Thanked 2,087 Times in 1,015 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
FX86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FX86 For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 11:08 AM   #6277
MuseChaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
It doesn't mean your unintelligent, overall. I'm ignorant about many things but I do know that science can prove that world wasn't created in 6 days LMAO. Unless the devil put dinosaur bones down there to fool our feeble minds. :eyeroll:

Sigh... we should probably (no, definitely... lol) leave this alone... but... science and Christianity (and some other religions) play together VERY well. How long do you think the first day was? A "day," as we know it, is approximately 24 hours long, and determined by the time it takes the earth to make one full revolution around its axis. The earth wasn't there on the first "day," whatever that was, so there's no way to infer from Genesis exactly how long those first six days were by mankind's current time measurement standards. The bible has been through a large number of translations and yes, interpretations. The word "day" in Genesis could just as easily have been "era," "period of time," "epoch," whatever.. who truly knows. How much of the bible is parable? How much is true factual history? No one really knows. I, certainly, don't pretend to. Certainly, large parts of the bible HAVE been shown to fit scientifically confirmed historically accurate occurrences and references.

The depths and shapes of one's beliefs or acceptances, at least mine and that of most people I know, are in a constant state of flux. For what it's worth, I still believe in Santa Claus, too... but Santa takes a VERY different form to me now than he did when I was 1/10th my current age!

I've seen too many wonderful, unexplicable things in my life (and yes, and sadly, probably an equal number of horrors, too, but it's far easier for me to accept the fact that people do bad things.. there's certainly enough examples of THAT on a daily, no, hourly, basis) to be able to DISbelieve in the existence of God.

Another thought - how is it beneficial for someone to think that there is no higher power or force for greater good above them? The humility that comes from focusing less on self and more on a greater good always, and I mean ALWAYS, results in not only making the lives of those around you better, but also brings YOU more happiness, too. I'm not suggesting that selfless behavior and humility are solely the province of Christians; please don't misunderstand me. I am saying that a belief in a higher power and a force for good beyond ourselves sure isn't a bad thing. On the other hand, if you believe that your higher power is telling you to go kill people, well.... something's drastically and terminally wrong there.

Hopefully, we can all agree that we are here to help one another.

If you hadn't tagged on "overall" after "unintelligent," I might have been able to keep quiet. Unfortunately, lol... diarrhea of the fingers attacked me again.

Best to you, pilot. 32w squawking VFR.

Barry
The Following User Says Thank You to MuseChaser For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 11:17 AM   #6278
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Sigh... we should probably (no, definitely... lol) leave this alone... but... science and Christianity (and some other religions) play together VERY well. How long do you think the first day was? A "day," as we know it, is approximately 24 hours long, and determined by the time it takes the earth to make one full revolution around it's axis. The earth wasn't there on the first "day," whatever that was, so there's no way to infer from Genesis exactly how long those first six days were by mankind's current time measurement standards. The bible has been through a large number of translations and yes, interpretations. The word "day" in Genesis could just as easily have been "era," "period of time," "epoch," whatever.. who truly knows. How much of the bible is parable? How much is true factual history? No one really knows. I, certainly, don't pretend to. Certainly, large parts of the bible HAVE been shown to fit scientifically confirmed historically accurate occurrences and references.

The depths and shapes of one's beliefs or acceptances, at least mine and that of most people I know, are in a constant state of flux. For what it's worth, I still believe in Santa Claus, too... but Santa takes a VERY different form to me now than he did when I was 1/10th my current age!

I've seen too many wonderful, unexplicable things in my life (and yes, and sadly, probably an equal number of horrors, too, but it's far easier for me to accept the fact that people do bad things.. there's certainly enough examples of THAT on a daily, no, hourly, basis) to be able to DISbelieve in the existence of God.

Another thought - how is it beneficial for someone to think that there is no higher power or force for greater good above them? The humility that comes from focusing less on self and more on a greater good always, and I mean ALWAYS, results in not only making the lives of those around you better, but also brings YOU more happiness, too. I'm not suggesting that selfless behavior and humility are solely the province of Christians; please don't misunderstand me. I am saying that a belief in a higher power and a force for good beyond ourselves sure isn't a bad thing. On the other hand, if you believe that your higher power is telling you to go kill people, well.... something's drastically and terminally wrong there.

If you hadn't tagged on "overall" after "unintelligent," I might have been able to keep quiet. Unfortunately, lol... diarrhea of the fingers attacked me again.

Barry
I don't have a problem we people having beliefs in the sense of it being guide for them in moral judgement (not that the morals are even all that great). I have problem with people pretending the stories actually happened. That's when it's time to have a talk about a little thing called science. And I don't think you are unintelligent but if you take the stories as if they literally happened than that's ignorance IMHO. I mean I have my doubts as to whether they were even to be written as to be truth to begin with. Every culture has some crazy stories they tell kids but most understand they are fiction. It isn't to say that there isn't something to be learned and every fiction is based in some part of reality but why people try to pretend the shit is actually real is beyond me.

Last edited by p1l0t; 12-03-2016 at 06:31 AM.
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Ashikabi (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 11:24 AM   #6279
Scrappydoo

Drives: Grrrr
Quote:
Sigh... we should probably (no, definitely... lol) leave this alone... but... science and Christianity (and some other religions) play together VERY well. How long do you think the first day was? A "day," as we know it, is approximately 24 hours long, and determined by the time it takes the earth to make one full revolution around its axis. The earth wasn't there on the first "day," whatever that was, so there's no way to infer from Genesis exactly how long those first six days were by mankind's current time measurement standards. The bible has been through a large number of translations and yes, interpretations. The word "day" in Genesis could just as easily have been "era," "period of time," "epoch," whatever.. who truly knows. How much of the bible is parable? How much is true factual history? No one really knows. I, certainly, don't pretend to. Certainly, large parts of the bible HAVE been shown to fit scientifically confirmed historically accurate occurrences and references.

Barry
Wots a diarrhea?
Scrappydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:25 AM   #6280
MuseChaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
I don't have a problem we people having beliefs in the sense of it being guide for them in moral judgement (not that the morals are even all that great). I have problem with people pretending the stories actually happened. That's when it's time to have a talk about a little thing called science. And I don't think you are unintelligent but if you take the stories as if they litterally happened than that's ignorance IMHO. I mean I have my doubts as to whether they were even to be written as to be truth to begin with. Every culture has some crazy stories they tell kids but most understand they are fiction. It isn't to say that there isn't something to be learned and every fiction is based in some part of reality but why people try to pretend the shit is actually real is beyond me.

Thanks for the reply, pilot. I could find some points for further discussion in your quote, but there's also a bit of common ground for the two of us there, too, and I'm glad.

Dear Internet... please note that a religious discussion was just had in a civil, friendly manner. Alert the media.

Love,

Barry
p1l0t (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 11:26 AM   #6281
MuseChaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappydoo View Post
Wots a diarrhea?
http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disor...ses-diarrhea#1

Be glad that I did NOT answer that one with a meme!
Old 12-02-2016, 11:30 AM   #6282
FX86
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, pilot. I could find some points for further discussion in your quote, but there's also a bit of common ground for the two of us there, too, and I'm glad.

Dear Internet... please note that a religious discussion was just had in a civil, friendly manner. Alert the media.

Love,

Barry
i was gonna say i sensed a moderator in the vicinity just ready to strike at any moment now
The Following User Says Thank You to FX86 For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #6283
MuseChaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX86 View Post
i was gonna say i sensed a moderator in the vicinity just ready to strike at any moment now
I certainly wouldn't blame them ... but as the ASPCF ("Association for the Prevention of Cruelty to Feelings") says... "No Feelings Were Harmed."
Attached Images

p1l0t (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 01:30 PM   #6284
Leonardo
Country Boy 4 Life

Drives: 19' & 06' Ridgelines, 13' FR-S
Thanked 5,291 Times in 2,720 Posts
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Leonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:33 PM   #6285
iamjacob
insert witty quip here

Drives: 2016 Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
iamjacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 01:35 PM   #6286
FX86
Banned

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FX86 For This Useful Post:
echo419 (12-02-2016), Leonardo (12-02-2016), Tcoat (12-02-2016), Ultramaroon (12-02-2016), WingZer0 (12-05-2016)

Tags
:popcorn:, @go_a_way1, @mistersheep, add a crazy tag!, ass or gtfo, boobs or gtfo, brz series.poo, dank memes, faps always fappin, funny, go_a_way1 was here, meme, meme or gtfo, moogoestheduck, more like goaway phag, no homo, smug wendy