follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 06-16-2022, 01:06 PM   #1
FD3S

Drives: Turbo 13' FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Idling issue after dyno (intermittent issue)

Hey guys, new member here. I have a Turbo FRS that has developed an issue after a dyno session, its intermittent as the car has run flawlessly the odd time but has been getting progressively worse.

One thing i noticed when the issue first developed was the lower bolt was missing out of the bottom of the DI ECU, after i replaced that the car ran great for 1 day, then it developed the same symptoms ( wont idle, afrs bounce from 13.7-14.7 when holding the throttle steady while cruising, very rough cold start have to hold the pedal manually to warm it up or it will die ) it has been progressively not been idling up for its startup cold idle cycle as well , could this all be caused by a bad throttle body?

The car was running 18psi for quite a while with the stock throttle body, not sure what effect that may have had on the motor / gears in the stock TB.

The engine has ECUTEK and we have tried tuning the issue out but its defiantly not the tune. The car has no vacuum leaks, no blowby, new spark plugs/ fluids & turbo, sensors all seem clean and good. It ran great on the dyno but as we got towards the end of the session the cars idle kept getting worse

The only code its thrown is for MAP/MAF/TPS Correlation when it was trying to idle up on cold start once.

Anyone had a similar issue or tips on what to check or replace?

Thanks
FD3S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 01:17 PM   #2
tomm.brz

Drives: brz 2017 hksv2
Thanked 1,067 Times in 775 Posts
Mentioned: 65 Post(s)
bad tune.

you can post logs of your car if you want some kind of help
tomm.brz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2022, 01:35 PM   #3
FD3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomm.brz View Post
bad tune.

you can post logs of your car if you want some kind of help
Attached a log of after the car was warmed up , light revs in neutral with the issue

https://datazap.me/u/1jzfd3s/log-165...g=0&data=31-37

Last edited by FD3S; 06-16-2022 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-16-2022, 01:55 PM   #4
FD3S

Also got the car retuned to 8-10psi after i got the turbo rebuilt and upgraded (Garrett GT28R bumped the hotside up to a 0.82AR and billet wheel)

Unfortunately with ECUTEK i was not able to save the tune that was currently on it and the dongle it came with was empty since the tunes seem to save on the laptop the
dongle (deskey) is plugged into. So i can't reflash it to the original tune that it had previously , to see if that would clear up the issue or not

Tags
maf, map, throttle body, tps, turbo