follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 04-18-2018, 11:16 AM   #1905
dara

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yes! Are you in Calgary?
dara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 11:18 AM   #1906
dara

Quote:
Originally Posted by olsonpg View Post
I'll take you up on that. Car should be out of shop in a month or so.
Awesome. Are you in Calgary?
Old 04-18-2018, 12:05 PM   #1907
Baloo

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series Blue (White)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dara View Post
Hey Everyone,

My name is Dara. I'm a photographer in Saskatoon but I spend a lot of time in Calgary. I wanted to offer to take some photos of your cars. For those of you who are interested, let me know and I can arrange something. I have copied a few photos that I have taken of my car.

Reach out!
I'd be interested as well. My phone pictures only go so far... I did manage to get out for a drive down the 1A before the snowfall and snapped a couple! I am excited for summer to get here... eventually.
Attached Images

Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:30 PM   #1908
dara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
I'd be interested as well. My phone pictures only go so far... I did manage to get out for a drive down the 1A before the snowfall and snapped a couple! I am excited for summer to get here... eventually.
Perfect. I'll DM you!

Nice car btw.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:42 AM   #1909
Ghost of Akina

Drives: DE5 Integra Type S
Garage
Hold up their is a station with e85 in Calgary now....we need that in Edmonton!
Old 04-20-2018, 12:06 PM   #1910
JustSomeGuy
A Nobody

Drives: FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Akina View Post
Hold up their is a station with e85 in Calgary now....we need that in Edmonton!
amen to that! lol even though i like shell for its airmiles and 91 has always been fine i want e85 because racecar aha
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JustSomeGuy For This Useful Post:
Ghost of Akina (04-20-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 12:42 PM   #1911
Deorio

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Can anyone point me to local shop that will sell catless front pipes or fabricate one for around $250?
Deorio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:38 PM   #1912
Gutterboy

Drives: 2013 frs; 1988 porsche 944s - > 948
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwman View Post
I've been considering forced induction for a while. Which kit did you put on your twin?

If I go turbo anytime soon it will likely be the SBD500X due to its price point. I know that people suggest an STI valve as you said, its nice to get a list of supporting mods as well. You also mentioned header wrap, what about reflective wrap for the intake around the turbo?

Also how did you tune your car? That's my biggest concern for going forced induction, I feel I can put the kit on myself but I didn't want to buy an OFT if I had to use something else to tune the car.
sorry for the late response but i am running the sbd350 kit oil cooled only. simply take 2nd gear logs on a flat piece of highway from 40km/h to redline and email to shiv. 6 or 7 iterations later you will be dialed right in.
highly recommend oft with sbd kit for daily boost

i did reflective gold wrap on intake to throttle body and after logging temperatures i didn't see much benefit. your biggest gain on heat control will be with the combination of water and oil cooling.

Last edited by Gutterboy; 07-04-2018 at 11:46 PM. Reason: missed a question
Gutterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 12:27 AM   #1913
Gutterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
amen to that! lol even though i like shell for its airmiles and 91 has always been fine i want e85 because racecar aha
This is purely a constructive comment and not a "my opinion is better because" so please don't take it the wrong way.

Octane 91 will still pull timing in terms of your iam number being less than one which means less hp.

Husky 94 is truly the only fuel for the twins if you wish to maintain optimal hp and keep that iam locked at 1 which doesn't pull timing to compensate for knock.

This is even more true for FI cars.

I had no choice when stranded at a husky with no 94 to go to a shell and put in 91 and added octane boost and I was still dropping iam all over the place and my temp gauge went higher then normal. After seeing that I stopped passing people and just left it at 2500rpm in 6th till I got back on 94.

OFT or ecutek logs will show this time and time again with anything less than 94.

Note: I am keeping e85 completely out of the above comment
Also if this is complete rhetoric to most calgary twin owners then sorry for the boring read and hail to other husky 94 zealots. Gotta do some more reading on whether my turbo tune for 94 can do the e85 at g&b fuels. Comment?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gutterboy For This Useful Post:
JustSomeGuy (07-08-2018), Sosa (07-06-2018)
Old 07-06-2018, 02:36 PM   #1914
Sosa
[||]--(86)--[||]

Drives: 2015 Firestorm FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutterboy View Post
Octane 91 will still pull timing in terms of your iam number being less than one which means less hp.

Husky 94 is truly the only fuel for the twins if you wish to maintain optimal hp and keep that iam locked at 1 which doesn't pull timing to compensate for knock.
I second this. Although I do run Petro Canada 94 as well. Petro, in my experience, offers better mileage; Husky, less crickets.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2018, 01:39 PM   #1915
JustSomeGuy
A Nobody

Drives: FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutterboy View Post
This is purely a constructive comment and not a "my opinion is better because" so please don't take it the wrong way.

This is even more true for FI cars.

I had no choice when stranded at a husky with no 94 to go to a shell and put in 91 and added octane boost and I was still dropping iam all over the place and my temp gauge went higher then normal. After seeing that I stopped passing people and just left it at 2500rpm in 6th till I got back on 94.

OFT or ecutek logs will show this time and time again with anything less than 94.

Note: I am keeping e85 completely out of the above comment
Also if this is complete rhetoric to most calgary twin owners then sorry for the boring read and hail to other husky 94 zealots. Gotta do some more reading on whether my turbo tune for 94 can do the e85 at g&b fuels. Comment?
Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

To be honest no idea what the iam number means but with that being said I didn’t know about 91 not really being all that good? It’s just always been the easiest to come across so that’s what I’ve stuck with and never had any issues (noticeable ones) but I appreciate the other opinion and I may have to try husky and petro 94. I’m also stock everything so I could use the little extra hp anyways aha. I do plan on going header and tune next summer though, is there a 94 oft tune?
JustSomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:02 AM   #1916
Gutterboy

petro 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
I second this. Although I do run Petro Canada 94 as well. Petro, in my experience, offers better mileage; Husky, less crickets.

i recently moved from regina to calgary so the fuel options are all new to me with petro 94, might have to try it to get the injectors to shut up.
Also heavily looking at trying e85 but i will need shiv's help on an e85 turbo tune before i even think of looking at corn oil but man is that ever a huge jump in power for just a little patience on flashing over once fuel trims creep up.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:24 AM   #1917
Gutterboy

OFT 94 tune

Quote:
I’m also stock everything so I could use the little extra hp anyways aha. I do plan on going header and tune next summer though, is there a 94 oft tune?[/QUOTE]

you bet, old v 2.07 tunes i had, had one for stage 1 93 octane and then the stage 2's for if you did your exhaust. the 93 tunes worked flawlessly for 94 with significant butt dyno increases; if i was stock i'd be hitting the stage 1 93 tune for sure.

Most likely newer versions available as i haven't kept up with these since i changed to a SBD turbo tune with 94.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2018, 09:32 PM   #1918
Baloo

Drives: 2015 BRZ Series Blue (White)
Quote:
To be honest no idea what the iam number means but with that being said I didn’t know about 91 not really being all that good? It’s just always been the easiest to come across so that’s what I’ve stuck with and never had any issues (noticeable ones) but I appreciate the other opinion and I may have to try husky and petro 94. I’m also stock everything so I could use the little extra hp anyways aha. I do plan on going header and tune next summer though, is there a 94 oft tune?
I wouldn't sweat it. The newest OFT tune released doesn't differentiate between the 91 and 94 fuels. In the patch notes it even mentions that the IAM (ignition advance multiplier) starts out on the low end at 0.7 to tolerate the 91 and will auto learn over some time if your fuel can tolerate more advance and it will work its way back up to 1.

Best part of the new canned tune is it deletes the loud cold start catalyst warming cycle.
Baloo is offline   Reply With Quote