follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 07-08-2014, 01:47 PM   #71
Upper Class Detailing

Drives: Clean & Professional
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daftpunk View Post
I do know what both pencil hardness and mohs scale is - both as an amateur detailer and rock/minerals hobbyist.
I just copied and pasted that from opticoat's website, to quote what the company advertises that it does. I have opticoat on my car so I know first hand how easily it scratches. Anyway, I don't even know why we're cluttering up the thread with this discussion
Agreed
Old 07-08-2014, 01:50 PM   #72
Cliu91
Cliuless

Drives: Whiteout Scion FRS 2014
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
yes I r serious

the matter isn't even resolved yet and people are already reloading their clips

high expectations of a job well done are one thing, a zero tolerance for failure is another. When you're involved in a craft the results can never be 100%. Statistically you're gonna get those failures. Failures that not only the business owner has to deal with but the customer as well, especially in a 1-man type operation. It's a delicate balance and everyone's gonna walk away feeling bitter, and it's no surprise that there is some fruction.. it is a natural element of such a situation.

what eats me up the most is that these type of posts have a very powerful effect of completely overshadowing the amount of positive work Hamza has done.

like that guy up top said "ive been following this thread and now I don't feel like giving him my business"

why? because all the happy customers don't matter?

I understand that owning up to your mistakes is part of a balanced business model but usually the worst ones are drawn out and filled with emotion and remorse, they also make the biggest splash and cause the most sensation on the forums.

it's a sad circus to watch
I'd have to say that it is very sad to watch.
I'll be honest, I did contact Hamza a month ago regarding his services, and may have done them further down the road, but I won't be taking that chance anymore.

It's truly a shame this couldn't have been dealt with without posting on the forums.
Cliu91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:57 PM   #73
7thgear
i'm sorry, what?

Drives: Canada
Location: I rock a beat harder than you can beat it with rocks
Thanked 2,506 Times in 1,268 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliu91 View Post
I'd have to say that it is very sad to watch.
I'll be honest, I did contact Hamza a month ago regarding his services, and may have done them further down the road, but I won't be taking that chance anymore.

and I will go back to hamza because he did me a solid the first time around.

if he messes up my car when I do, I will have to deal with it.

I hope your choice of detailer won't let you down, but no one that you choose will be 100% guarantee, that's just an incorrect conclusion.

but the reason I'm generally in Hamza's corner is because if you spend the day with him as he works on your car you'll have a positive learning experience and meet a great guy. And I don't say that about a lot of people.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #74
Turbo95eg6

Drives: 2014 BRZ SWP LTD
Thanked 2,266 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper Class Detailing View Post
Most part you are correct, what I'm disagreeing with is this "will protect against scratches and swirls caused by dirt buildup being wiped across the clear coat while washing."

Like I stated above, you need to exercise caution and common sense when washing (coated or non-coated vehicle) and use proper chemicals/tools.

I've seen people use a brush at a coin-op, get their Opti-coated car scratched up and then blame the detailer who installed Opti-coat or the Opti Coat itself, b/c they thought it was "scratch resistant."
Ah, gotcha. Yes, protect was probably not the best word, but I used it in the same way wax may "protect" the paint from dirt debris. I believe even with proper care, all clear coats will swirl in time if being washed and driven in the elements. If anything, I believe Opti Coat will slow down the cause of swirls instead of protecting against them. I think we both agree that proper washing is the most important step to avoid swirls, and the less debris sticking to the car the better. That's why you should always keep the car waxed, or Opti Coated. Foam cannon's and pressure washers are popular options.

By the way I don't have my car Opti Coated, but my detailer has been trying to convince me for a while.
Turbo95eg6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:06 PM   #75
sixthree

Drives: 14BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I am more concerned that Hamza admitted that a few of his customers come back due to swirl marks. I've had three of my cars opti-coated and none of them had issues with swirls or anything after leaving the shop. I would be fairly pissed if I had to come back a second time to get my services that I paid for to be done correctly.

In my opinion, OP doesn't owe Hamza anything. Like others have said. If someone rear ends your car and they offer to pay for damages. The victim shouldn't have to give anybody anything especially having to go through all the headache and trouble because of someone elses mistake. In this case, the victim is the OP and they were forced to go back to Hamza because of the first "mistake" of the swirls and then one issue lead to another.

Hamza should just owe up to his mistakes and the OP should learn that you can't go cheap when it comes to car detailing.
sixthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #76
Hamza7

Drives: MiniVan
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Guys I'd like to publicly apologize to the community and the OP. I thought what I asking was fair but was totally wrong. I was also wrong to not inform the OP as soon as I saw swirls on his car and worst of all how I handled this situation. I wasted his time and efforts to detail his car.

To make amends, I refunded the OP, payed for a new hood and work/paint at his preferred shop. I cannot make the OP's OEM hood 100% defect free but I will try to help anyway I can.

I may not be the best in these types of situations but I'm new to owning and running a business that pays and puts food on my table, I strive to be best detailer in my area and I always stand behind my work.

Last edited by Hamza7; 07-08-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Hamza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hamza7 For This Useful Post:
HeadBanger (07-08-2014), ZionsWrath (07-10-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #77
mrdanyo

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited (World Rally Blue)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Okay, I want to provide an update to the situation. Hamza reached out to me this afternoon for a resolution, which I have to tip my hat off for. It takes class to own up to mistakes and offer to rectify them. Hamza dropped off cash this afternoon to the body shop working on my car and said that I am free to use the costs for any repairs I feel necessary. He also formally offered his sincere apologies (they felt sincere, so it didn't feel like just an empty apology) and owned up to his mistakes. He also offered to redo my entire car (polish and coat) to my pleasing of which I politely declined.

I do believe that he learned a valuable lesson from all of this, and I hope in the future he will know to do whats right. Based on my most recent conversation with him, I believe that he will. He'll just have to earn back people's trust through his work again.

On another note, WTF Brazil?!
Old 07-08-2014, 05:02 PM   #78
automatic

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I love a happy ending.

On a side note, I think its important to hear both sides of the story before jumping to conclusions/accusations.
automatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #79
Paul_S

Drives: red
This was a great learning experience for all involved. Glad to see it end as it did.
Paul_S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul_S For This Useful Post:
mrdanyo (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #80
Kazuya

Drives: Takumi
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
I think this is the first public negative review ive seen about him and i lurk on a few other forums, maybe ill take one for the team and let him do my 86 and my girlfriends land rover.
Kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kazuya For This Useful Post:
Hamza7 (07-08-2014), Paul_S (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #81
AznKirby
Are you 20/20?

Drives: Hopes and dreams
Thanked 1,310 Times in 703 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Glad to see him do the right thing.

& I suggest OP change the title of the thread to something a little less aggressive, and edit your first post to show that he did resolve the issue.

Lessons learned, all around!

IG: @MonKehC
AznKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AznKirby For This Useful Post:
mrdanyo (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #82
mrdanyo

Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited (World Rally Blue)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznKirby View Post
Glad to see him do the right thing.

& I suggest OP change the title of the thread to something a little less aggressive, and edit your first post to show that he did resolve the issue.

Lessons learned, all around!
Agreed. Done!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #83
HeadBanger

Drives: '14 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
I'm glad to see you guys were able to come to a solid conclusion.

Hamza obviously learned a lesson here, and I hope his business doesn't suffer.

I just wish there wasn't so many people talking out their asses in this thread.
JoeyV (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #84
Turbo95eg6

Drives: 2014 BRZ SWP LTD
Thanked 2,266 Times in 858 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Glad that ended well, good luck to both sides.
Turbo95eg6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getdetailed.ca, hamfist hamza, hamza, opti coat, opti-coat, opticoat, protect those swirls, review