follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons

User Tag List

Old 04-12-2017, 07:53 PM   #1
jwvand02

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Louisville, KY: Parting Out - New OFH2, OFH, Innovate Stage 2 Kit, ECUTek cable

The time has come, unfortunately.

First, two Openflash headers. A brand new OFH2 (still shrinkwrapped) that was sent as a replacement for the first one, and the first one, which developed a crack near the flange at the head and I had welded. I never installed the new one because the fix held up fine and I decided to part the car out before I ever got around to it.

I had zero issues with the fixed one, but I feel like I need to state that you buy at your own risk.

Brand new OFH2: $400 Shipped SOLD
Welded OFH: $100 Shipped SOLD

Next - my Innovate Stage 2 kit. I put approximately 15k on it over a year and a half. Previous owner put about 5k on it. I can't stress how perfect this kit is for a daily driver, especially if you have access to E85. Comes with an Air Raid intake box, as I modified the intake tract to work with it, as well as comes with a 70mm pulley in addition to the stock one. 70mm pulley + E85 has you sniffing 300WHP with tons of torque and great reliability.

Blower was re-sealed to the mani about 5k miles ago, but I'll include enough o-ring cord to do it a few times over if you feel inclined. I'd suggest sourcing new manifold->head o-rings for it at this point as well.

In the spirit of full disclosure, things you should know:
  • There is damage to some of the rear fins on the front mount heat exchanger. The damage is pictured - manually straightening them might be possible, but in reality it impacts function very very little. In addition, there's a bit of a dent on the bottom but I'm confident it has no impact to function. No leaks whatsoever.
  • As mentioned earlier, I have modified the intake tract. I removed the ends of the intake tube and replaced them with metal piping, sealing them together extremely carefully. I did this because I continued to deal with vacuum leaks due to the tube collapsing under the clamping force. This is a substantial improvement to the quality of the kit, in my view. It looks pretty factory but not perfect.
  • The previous owner modified the IC pump to run on a relay plugged into the fuse box as opposed to tied into the injectors as originally designed. He was concerned that a pump failure could short an injector, as boost+no fuel = boom. It works fine, but just be aware you will need to spend some time running wires to it. If you were inclined you could probably find a neater way than I did it.
  • I REALLY don't want to ship the S/C kit, it's extremely heavy. If I do, I am going to take time to crate it up carefully and shipping will be at your cost.
I can include an ECUTek Cable for additional cost if you want it, you will still need a license and a tune. Comes with three (yes three) different belts.

Innovate Stage 2 Kit, with Air Raid Intake: $2400 Local Pickup. Contact me to discuss shipping costs. Willing to meet within a decent distance, around Indianapolis/Cincinnati/Lexington, perhaps even Nashville could be arranged.
Attached Images

Last edited by jwvand02; 04-13-2017 at 09:51 AM.
jwvand02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 12:55 AM   #2
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
PMed on header
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:11 AM   #3
jwvand02

OFH2 is sold, OHF1 (welded) is pending.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:38 AM   #4
98LSslow

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
If the welded OHF falls through let me know. I'm local... Wouldn't mind a header.
98LSslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #5
jwvand02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98LSslow View Post
If the welded OHF falls through let me know. I'm local... Wouldn't mind a header.
Already have paypal for it, consider it sold. You don't needs wheels, tires, or a supercharger do you? I'd really prefer to sell the SC to someone local so I can help with any questions during install.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #6
ajcarson11

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (Black)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I love my 210 kit! Definitely can vouch for the fun on E85 + smaller pulley. Pretty cool that this is close to where I'm at -- Wish it was around when I was looking 6 months ago. Seems like we have very few folks with 86s who live in the midwest.

PS: It cost the guy who shipped my kit $160 to get it to me from Cali (to Indy). He had Fedex package everything (which added substantial cost i'm sure). So at the very worst, if you package it yourself, it'll probably cost you $120 or so to ship across the country. If its only half-way across the country you might be able to get it done for under 100. Most shipping companies charge a flat rate between 45 - 92lbs. So its not terribly hard to ship in the end.
ajcarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #7
jwvand02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcarson11 View Post
I love my 210 kit! Definitely can vouch for the fun on E85 + smaller pulley. Pretty cool that this is close to where I'm at -- Wish it was around when I was looking 6 months ago. Seems like we have very few folks with 86s who live in the midwest.

PS: It cost the guy who shipped my kit $160 to get it to me from Cali (to Indy). He had Fedex package everything (which added substantial cost i'm sure). So at the very worst, if you package it yourself, it'll probably cost you $120 or so to ship across the country. If its only half-way across the country you might be able to get it done for under 100. Most shipping companies charge a flat rate between 45 - 92lbs. So its not terribly hard to ship in the end.
My concern for shipping isn't really the cost. It's the weight of everything and the potential to damage the soft/fragile parts. I'd probably end up shipping it in three different boxes, PLUS I just would feel a lot better about things if I could provide instant feedback/advice if there is an issue. When I got the kit, it was all in one huge box reinforced by tape and on the brink of falling apart, with tons of unlabeled stuff everywhere. It was a nightmare to figure out.

I worked for years with UPS/Fedex on a daily basis, I don't trust them any further than I can throw them (or this SC, for that matter). They won't insure it for what it's worth, so I would just want to be ultra careful is all. If I can avoid the hassle, it's worth waiting a bit. In reality, I'll probably end up building a crate for it and putting it on an LTL carrier.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:12 AM   #8
98LSslow

Drives: 2015 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwvand02 View Post
Already have paypal for it, consider it sold. You don't needs wheels, tires, or a supercharger do you? I'd really prefer to sell the SC to someone local so I can help with any questions during install.
I mean do I "need".. no... do I want... Well that's a different question. Lol! Sadly it's a little bank breaking on my end.
98LSslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #9
jwvand02

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98LSslow View Post
I mean do I "need".. no... do I want... Well that's a different question. Lol! Sadly it's a little bank breaking on my end.
I hear that... I'm selling this stuff in an attempt to be responsible for once myself
Old 04-13-2017, 11:22 AM   #10
ajcarson11

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited (Black)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwvand02 View Post
My concern for shipping isn't really the cost. It's the weight of everything and the potential to damage the soft/fragile parts. I'd probably end up shipping it in three different boxes, PLUS I just would feel a lot better about things if I could provide instant feedback/advice if there is an issue. When I got the kit, it was all in one huge box reinforced by tape and on the brink of falling apart, with tons of unlabeled stuff everywhere. It was a nightmare to figure out.

I worked for years with UPS/Fedex on a daily basis, I don't trust them any further than I can throw them (or this SC, for that matter). They won't insure it for what it's worth, so I would just want to be ultra careful is all. If I can avoid the hassle, it's worth waiting a bit. In reality, I'll probably end up building a crate for it and putting it on an LTL carrier.
I agree with you on that. When I received the box from Fedex it was on the brink of falling apart (with one reasonably large hole in the side... guessing from someone pushing it around or dropping it). Luckily everything has turned out OK for me.

GLWS!
ajcarson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ajcarson11 For This Useful Post:
Izzyboost1 (04-15-2017)
Old 04-18-2017, 04:38 PM   #11
jwvand02

bump - headers are gone, Sprintex Kit still here
Old 04-21-2017, 04:29 AM   #12
jslack

Drives: 2017 Red subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
How much for the Ecutek cable??
jslack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:06 AM   #13
jwvand02

Bump - everything but the Sprintex kit is gone. Will travel! come get this thing
Old 06-06-2017, 10:37 AM   #14
jwvand02

Bump - Innovate Stage 2 still here. I need this thing out of my garage