follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canada Classifieds

User Tag List

Old 09-24-2016, 05:59 PM   #1
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
WTB Coilovers

Update: Bought Ohlins. Thanks everyone for the offers and advice!
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 10-04-2016 at 09:32 AM.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:06 PM   #2
BTXP.XD

Drives: 14' FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Not all coils have adjustable fronts (top hats) and rear will will not be adjustable by the coils from what I know. I have a set of Tein type Flex coilovers for sale if you are interested. let me know thanks.
BTXP.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 04:37 PM   #3
JarredH

Drives: Scion frs
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I have a set of bc coilovers for $1000. Good condition. Let me know if you're interested

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
JarredH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:32 AM   #4
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Garage
No such thing as an adjustable rear upper mount on these cars. You can only adjust camber by upper mounts on macpherson strut suspension, and our rear is multi link emulating double wishbones.
The Following User Says Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
wbradley (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 10:14 AM   #5
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Does anybody know if rear LCA's will be necessary with a 1" drop? I don't want camber wear, tires are expensive!
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 09-26-2016, 10:21 AM   #6
wparsons

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
Does anybody know if rear LCA's will be necessary with a 1" drop? I don't want camber wear, tires are expensive!
Toe kills tires, not just camber. I daily on about -2.5 all around (no LCA's, and no room up front for more camber without camber plates) and I don't have bad wear at all. I have zero front toe and 1/16" rear toe in which definitely helps.

At a 1" drop you'll probably be around -2.2 to -2.5 in the rear. I'd want LCA's to bring that back closer to -1.5 unless you're going to be running -3 or more up front.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
Lynxis (09-26-2016), wbradley (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 04:19 PM   #7
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
Toe kills tires, not just camber. I daily on about -2.5 all around (no LCA's, and no room up front for more camber without camber plates) and I don't have bad wear at all. I have zero front toe and 1/16" rear toe in which definitely helps.

At a 1" drop you'll probably be around -2.2 to -2.5 in the rear. I'd want LCA's to bring that back closer to -1.5 unless you're going to be running -3 or more up front.
Would crash bolts do the trick? I prefer not to buy LCA's. If I have, to that might force me to wait longer.
Old 09-26-2016, 04:49 PM   #8
wparsons

Garage
Quote:
Would crash bolts do the trick? I prefer not to buy LCA's. If I have, to that might force me to wait longer.
Crash bolts don't really work in the rear, and probably won't give you enough adjustment to get back to ~ -1.5*.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:00 PM   #9
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post

Firstly, thank you for the helpful advice.
Are you using crash bolts for the front or is that camber directly from the drop?
So are you saying the very low and zero toe allow you square camber without increased wear?
Does one require additional hardware to adjust toe or is that something an alignment shop can do as-is?
My issue is I got new wheels and NOW I am finally seeing how a smaller wheel gap might look better. I don't want to wear the dampers prematurely or lose ride comfort. If I felt confident to just install a set of Sportlines that would be great but I am concerned that without dampening adjustment it could be somewhat of a downgrade in comfort. V2's are probably a good option but I am not willing to spend another $3K on the car rightat this point in time. The Meister R Coilovers look good but since I have never modified suspension before I won't be impulsive.
Old 09-26-2016, 06:12 PM   #10
FRSport.com

Drives: Scion FR-S Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to FRSport.com
I have the BLITZ ZZ-R coilovers in stock and ready to ship. Please pm me if you have any questions.

FRSport.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:06 PM   #11
wparsons

Garage
Quote:
Firstly, thank you for the helpful advice.
Are you using crash bolts for the front or is that camber directly from the drop?
Whiteline camber bolts and slotted upper holes on the struts. Without the slotting I was around -1.5. I could go further with spacers (or coilovers), but as it sits there's very little tire to spring clearance.

Quote:
So are you saying the very low and zero toe allow you square camber without increased wear?
Doesn't really matter if the camber is square all around, the less toe you have the more camber you can run without wearing tires too fast at that end of the car.

Quote:
Does one require additional hardware to adjust toe or is that something an alignment shop can do as-is?
Toe is adjustable stock, unless you've drastically altered rear camber with LCA's there's tons of adjustment range on the stock toe adjusters.

Quote:
My issue is I got new wheels and NOW I am finally seeing how a smaller wheel gap might look better. I don't want to wear the dampers prematurely or lose ride comfort. If I felt confident to just install a set of Sportlines that would be great but I am concerned that without dampening adjustment it could be somewhat of a downgrade in comfort. V2's are probably a good option but I am not willing to spend another $3K on the car rightat this point in time. The Meister R Coilovers look good but since I have never modified suspension before I won't be impulsive.
If you're worried about a downgrade in comfort, I would be VERY picky with your coilover selection. Your best bet is probably the Ohlins for comfort. Most are going to ride worse than stock at any dampening adjustment or ride height.

I don't mind the ride on my Swift sport springs at all, but it's definitely stiffer than stock. My wife noticed within about 200m of driving that I had changed the springs, and she wasn't home when I installed them
The Following User Says Thank You to wparsons For This Useful Post:
wbradley (09-26-2016)