follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 07-04-2015, 01:01 AM   #1765
MAX

Drives: WRB Subaru BRZ Limited MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
no prob, and the disclaimer isn't aimed at you or anyone in particular, it's just a CYA world now-a-days. I do exactly the same thing, I like to start the car up and let it run for a few seconds before I drive off, and I find it a good time to buckle up and get situated. Plus if I am not buckled in I don't really feel "secure" I blame it on my old 240sx with a worn out seat and no real bolsters to hold me in place, so my seat belt was the only thing keeping me from sliding across the seat on hard corners, now it's routine. I was planning on using a jumper or something once I read that you had to pay the dealership to use the techstream to mod it, but once I unhooked it I found I didn't need to do anything else. Too bad I still have to double tap the button to unlock both doors.
You are in luck! you can change that both doors open on first click setting without techstream! I did... there is a button sequence somewhere in these forums... I'll try and find it (I did it forever ago and have not looked back!)

Try this: "For the limited: Open the driver door with the car off, hold down the lock and panic buttons on the key fob for approx 5 seconds. When you let go the car should beep. Now both doors will unlock when you touch the door handle. Not sure if that works with the premium."
MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MAX For This Useful Post:
Target70 (07-04-2015)
Old 07-04-2015, 01:06 AM   #1766
Target70

Drives: 2013 Asphalt 6spd
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX View Post
You are in luck! you can change that both doors open on first click setting without techstream! I did... there is a button sequence somewhere in these forums... I'll try and find it (I did it forever ago and have not looked back!)
that would be awesome, but I just noticed you are in a BRZ Limited and I am in a basic FRS. I know some of the electronics and wiring are slightly different, so hopefully it works the same.

just tried it, but my horn starts going off after 1 second and it's 1am, If the horn is supposed to go off, then I'll try it again tomorrow, if not, it may not be compatible with the frs, either way I appreciate the effort.

Last edited by Target70; 07-04-2015 at 01:20 AM.
Target70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 01:26 AM   #1767
D_Thissen

Drives: '13 Argento FR-S (Sold)
Thanked 1,439 Times in 855 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Target70 View Post
that would be awesome, but I just noticed you are in a BRZ Limited and I am in a basic FRS. I know some of the electronics and wiring are slightly different, so hopefully it works the same.

just tried it, but my horn starts going off after 1 second and it's 1am, If the horn is supposed to go off, then I'll try it again tomorrow, if not, it may not be compatible with the frs, either way I appreciate the effort.
Haha bet your neighborhood loved that!
Old 07-04-2015, 07:43 PM   #1768
MAX

Garage
Back on topic:

I've been driving my car with the stage 1 tune for two days now... And the power and especially the "drivability" are dramatically improved over stock... However... My exhaust is noticeably quieter. Very noticeably actually... I installed an invidia N1 less than a month after I bought the car because I wanted a louder exhaust sound... And it was nice and loud... But with the tune... It's almost like I'm driving a hybrid if you compare the two sounds... I have a Catless UEL header on order as well as an OverPipe... So hopefully it will go back to loudish... But is this common with people running stage 1?
Old 07-06-2015, 12:07 PM   #1769
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Back on topic:

I've been driving my car with the stage 1 tune for two days now... And the power and especially the "drivability" are dramatically improved over stock... However... My exhaust is noticeably quieter. Very noticeably actually... I installed an invidia N1 less than a month after I bought the car because I wanted a louder exhaust sound... And it was nice and loud... But with the tune... It's almost like I'm driving a hybrid if you compare the two sounds... I have a Catless UEL header on order as well as an OverPipe... So hopefully it will go back to loudish... But is this common with people running stage 1?
My intake sound got louder that's about it also you'll have to run the stage two tune when you get that uel anywho

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 01:35 PM   #1770
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Back on topic:

First time I've heard that the exhaust note got quieter with the tune. We do make some VVT changes that can alter the note of both induction and exhaust noise. But it isn't very obvious to my ears at least
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:32 PM   #1771
rick s

Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone in new Hampshire running catted or hypothetically cat less headers and using OFT to disable P0420 CEL. If so How are you getting around the requirement that New Hampshire has that "all" monitors must be in a ready state. The OFT guys said that they disable the O2 monitor in stage 2, which is a fail in NH. They suggested running a stock tune for the state emissions test. How if you are popping the P0420 code with the factory stock tune will reverting to the "stock" tune help. Am I back to taking of the Injen intake and putting the stock intake back on? Or worse yet swapping out the headers? What a PITA

Starting to question my sanity as to why I bothered to mess with the car in the first place! $250 intake, $960 FT86 catted headers and now a $500 OFT tune that I have to revert back to stock and then will still not pass emissions.

rick s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:59 PM   #1772
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick s View Post
Anyone in new Hampshire running catted or hypothetically cat less headers and using OFT to disable P0420 CEL. If so How are you getting around the requirement that New Hampshire has that "all" monitors must be in a ready state. The OFT guys said that they disable the O2 monitor in stage 2, which is a fail in NH. They suggested running a stock tune for the state emissions test. How if you are popping the P0420 code with the factory stock tune will reverting to the "stock" tune help. Am I back to taking of the Injen intake and putting the stock intake back on? Or worse yet swapping out the headers? What a PITA
Does it disable the monitor, or change the threshold so it never fails? The difference would be that the monitor would still be in a ready state because it's within the threshold.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:14 PM   #1773
rick s

Drives: 2013 FR-S Ultramarine 6MT
This is the answer I got from the OFT guys.

"The P0420 is turned off when you run our stage2 map and no CEL will be present.

We are disabling the O2 monitor.

If you "catted" header is emissions friendly then you can simply run a stock tune when you need to pass your state emissions test. "

If I read that correctly, it certainly sounds as though the O2 monitor is disabled and I would assume from this that the ODB readout would indicate that the O2 monitor is "not ready". This will fail our emissions in NH. I'm going to try tomorrow to get it inspected as the P0420 code has been cleared and the 8 monitors are in the "ready state. This haphazard appearance of the CEL indicates to my limited knowledge of the test and methodology that I am running at a borderline condition of the sensors.
I will recheck the odb in the AM and if it's good I'll shoot down to the local auto parts store where they do inspections. If I'm back to a pending error code I am going to replace the Injen intake with the stock one and see if that helps. I guess the intake and the header mess with the sensors just enough to cause all this grief. Live and learn! The benefits from these minor mods is appearing to not be worth the hassle.

On a side note, the last statement from the OFT guys makes no sense what so ever as it is the stock tune with my mods that causes the P0420 code. $500, I don't think so!

Cheers
rick s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:25 AM   #1774
MAX

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
First time I've heard that the exhaust note got quieter with the tune. We do make some VVT changes that can alter the note of both induction and exhaust noise. But it isn't very obvious to my ears at least
There is definitely an increase in loudness from the intake... And my exhaust on cold start is still pretty loud... But driving under 3000k is now like stealth mode... And before whenever I let off the gas my exhaust would howl, that has gotten much less noticeable... Would the new mapping reduce air flow when the throttle is backed off somehow?
Old 07-14-2015, 07:09 PM   #1775
JS + BRZ
Banned

Drives: 2010 MS3
Thanked 1,161 Times in 597 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
How's the basic stage 1 tune for a completely stock car?
JS + BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:35 PM   #1776
DocWalt

Drives: '22 BRZ
Thanked 1,472 Times in 767 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS + BRZ View Post
How's the basic stage 1 tune for a completely stock car?
Worked fine for me, noticeable power gain, especially in the dip. Plus you can reuse the OFT when you decide you want a header too
DocWalt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DocWalt For This Useful Post:
JB86'd (07-14-2015), JS + BRZ (07-14-2015), Shiv@Openflash (07-15-2015)
Old 07-15-2015, 01:07 AM   #1777
el-92

Drives: 2014 ASPHALT FR-S MT
whats up guys tried uploading the new maps the 2.067 but i cant see them in rom raider

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
el-92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:30 AM   #1778
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by el-92 View Post
whats up guys tried uploading the new maps the 2.067 but i cant see them in rom raider

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
You need to load up the matching definition (xml) file into romraider before you can open a tune file ROM (hex/bin file)

see romraider tips link below
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#lolwut, divinecomedy, dopeandcashcabinet, free shiv now, goddamitimissedit, golden cage, i missed the show, looks good, missed the fun, omgbbq, shiv 2016, thefatandthefurriest