follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA

User Tag List

Old 08-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #15
GremlinDX
Because Racecar

Drives: 13 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah for the most part if you are racing your car in any way, autocross, time trials, drag racing, be ready to pay for any damage out of pocket. Lockton does off track day insurance for HPDE's (untimed) usually costs around $300-350 per day.

But, even in running time trials on real race tracks anything over a minor bump or scratch are very rare. Biggest problem is getting all the skid marks from shedding rubber off the paint lol.
GremlinDX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GremlinDX For This Useful Post:
Foobar (08-30-2012)
Old 08-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #16
engee

Drives: Subaru
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
I was under the impression that most of the national carriers have specific verbiage in their agreements that exclude racing or timed competition events, be they pre-organized or not.
Sorry for the confusion. Let me rephrase what I said.

The chances of something happening in an autocross are rather slim. I have rarely ever seen an actual full on accident at an autocross. Speeds are significantly lower than a track and most courses are built where they are far away from stuff so you won't hit anything.

Not to say there aren't any accidents, but they are very rare and more than likely driven by other reasons.
engee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #17
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by engee View Post
Sorry for the confusion. Let me rephrase what I said.

The chances of something happening in an autocross are rather slim. I have rarely ever seen an actual full on accident at an autocross. Speeds are significantly lower than a track and most courses are built where they are far away from stuff so you won't hit anything.

Not to say there aren't any accidents, but they are very rare and more than likely driven by other reasons.
No need to apologize, I get that and completely agree with you. That said, it's a risk, however small, that some might not want to take on with a brand new car.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote