follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 07-30-2017, 04:06 PM   #15
Ernest72

Drives: 16 Silver BRZ, 04 Silver WRX wagon
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not a fan!
Ernest72 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ernest72 For This Useful Post:
funwheeldrive (09-01-2017)
Old 07-30-2017, 06:24 PM   #16
Darkrune

Drives: 2017 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I pulled the trigger on this. American aesthetic touch and the AE had very similar shape. I would be interested in seeing wind tunnel. I also live in Florida, go sun.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Darkrune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:49 AM   #17
Mr Nerd

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I am so damn pissed that missed out on these. These louvers are probably the only purely cosmetic mod that I am dying to get.

Hope another group buy happens soon!

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk
Mr Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:51 AM   #18
Mr Nerd

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkrune View Post
I pulled the trigger on this. American aesthetic touch and the AE had very similar shape. I would be interested in seeing wind tunnel. I also live in Florida, go sun.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
These would be purely functional in a wind tunnel, I am almost certain. If anyone has an obj or f3d file of an 86 with these louvers I would be happy to throw it in the wind tunnel.

Mr Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:25 AM   #19
VIP BRZ

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Nerd View Post
I am so damn pissed that missed out on these. These louvers are probably the only purely cosmetic mod that I am dying to get.

Hope another group buy happens soon!

Theres a second group buy in the works

https://m.facebook.com/groups/106819763346904
VIP BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:59 AM   #20
SuperTom

Drives: C5 Corvette, '17 Toyota 86, Jeep XJ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP BRZ View Post
Theres a second group buy in the works

https://m.facebook.com/groups/106819763346904

I wonder if they could do the groupbuy on here too. Sorry I wont sign up for FaceF*ck. I don't need every spying idiot knowing everytime I take a sh*t
Old 09-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #21
VIP BRZ

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I agree, I Hate it when the only way to communicate/participate in things is through Facebook. I have an account and can log in but.. unprofessional and annoying.

Ikon used to have vendor-ship here, but have since not payed there dues?

would be cool if we could get in contact with the rep that used to hang around
@Angela.IKON
VIP BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VIP BRZ For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-03-2017), SuperTom (09-01-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 11:23 PM   #22
Johnny.

Drives: A work in progress.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTom View Post
I wonder if they could do the groupbuy on here too. Sorry I wont sign up for FaceF*ck. I don't need every spying idiot knowing everytime I take a sh*t
You don't have to put any personal info on Facebook, just make like a throw away account. It just used for him send you his email and you go from there. And so he can keep a list on the group buy page to see who has paid etc.
Johnny. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny. For This Useful Post:
SuperTom (09-04-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 01:01 PM   #23
Mithosphere
Fart-noise maker

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I bought them:

Given that the Ikon Motorsports louvers are about a 1/4 to 1/3 the price of the TRD louvers, some of the parts are cheaply made:

The brackets (https://www.amazon.com/Double-Adhesi...ble+sided+tape) are small rectangles with a double sided tape holding it down - some of them came warped or bent. There are threaded posts sticking up from the brackets which are first threaded (sometimes very poorly) and painted black.

The supplied hardware - washers and acorn nuts - aren't exactly useful. The washers eventually rust after a week or so - even quicker after it's rained. The acorn nuts are nylon and don't exactly fit the threaded posts or eventually come loose.

The weather sealing strip that is provided works if everything else is perfect - which it isn't. It's very thin and only two rolls are provided - enough for about half of the louvers - to prevent vibration.

Having to buy the thicker weather stripping to eliminate all vibration at highway speeds and stainless washer and acorn nuts, isn't too bad.

The real flaw of these louvers is the brackets!

I'll need to find someone to make me some better brackets - ones that will cover a broader area. One large bracket across the top, one on each side, and one across the bottom would do it, instead of nine separate brackets.

Last edited by Mithosphere; 09-10-2017 at 01:48 PM.
Mithosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mithosphere For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-10-2017), Jeff86 (09-12-2017), Pointmutation (09-11-2017), WRBrzRX (09-13-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 01:59 PM   #24
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny. View Post
You don't have to put any personal info on Facebook, just make like a throw away account. It just used for him send you his email and you go from there. And so he can keep a list on the group buy page to see who has paid etc.
Making more Facebook accounts doesn't help resolve the problem of FB itself. Matter of fact, it does just the opposite. Many folks have come to understanding after using some critical thought as to why all FB's services are offered to them for "free". The billion dollar infrastructure FB has invested in must (by definition) result in a profitable product to sell and that is you. FB's active measures mitigate the (sarcasm incoming) very clever and not thought of tactic of opening a phony account by functioning outside of your active participation after you have agreed to their ToS.

How? FB identifies your computer or phone's specific hardware, assigns it a key, geolocates it and then installs damn near undeletable software that allows them to know your browsing history, location, keystrokes (whether "submitted" or not), and heat maps your mousing actions whether you've clicked or not. All this happens upon sign up regardless of you giving them phony credentials or even logging into that account ever again.

And how do they do that? By triangulating the hardware key and location of the phony account against your real FB account hardware key as well as hardware keys from technology "partners" that you unwittingly agreed to participate with when you conveniently "logged in with Facebook" while not noticing or caring that they clearly state they will share your information with their technology partners unless opted out. Together discerning who you are, what you do, what you love and hate and what motivates you to act is used to make you believe you want or do not want things. Like Ford over Chevy or, or this political candidate over that one. If you think it doesn't work you're wrong. No one's mind is an uninfluenced steel trap only accessible by their permission.

The only way to keep this from working is to minimize your accessible private data footprint by not exposing yourself to websites where you are the product. Faux accounts do not accomplish this. Please stop encouraging people to make them.

Also vote with your wallet, insist that retailers operate outside of sites like Facebook. Don't shop at retailers that offer Facebook only specials. If you're in the U.S. remind retailers, friends, and government agencies that they are alienating and not reaching 200 million Americans and 5 billion people of the world that aren't in The Face Book.

Finally read up on Facebook's damn near psychotic practices and business conduct and at least hear out why they're dangerous to participate in. This is no small matter.

Last edited by DAEMANO; 09-10-2017 at 05:52 PM.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
BRZyJ (09-10-2017), j3rf (09-11-2017), Shim (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 04:09 PM   #25
BRZyJ

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited / 2015 Q50S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Making more Facebook accounts doesn't help resolve the problem of FB itself. Matter of fact, it does just the opposite.
Indeed. I have all known facebook hosts blocked at my router, along with as many of their data mining/ad partners as I can identify. On mobile devices I use a hosts file delivered and updated via Ad Away. It breaks some things, but nothing I care too much about and annoyed guests can use their mobile data instead of my wifi if they need facebook that bad.

Besides the concerns mentioned above, I'm not interested in helping put money in Zuckerberg's pocket...he's a grade A douchebag. One of his 'neighbors' on Kauai is an acquaintance, so I'm well versed.

For anyone so inclined, here's a good start:

https://github.com/jmdugan/blocklist...s/facebook/all

The raw version of that can be used and updated directly by several apps and utilities. That particular one will block some instagram and whatsapp stuff as well, but there are some less stringent ones available:

https://github.com/jmdugan/blocklist...tions/facebook
BRZyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BRZyJ For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (09-10-2017), j3rf (09-11-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 06:31 PM   #26
Th3rdSun

Drives: 2013 FR-S MT Hot Lava
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP BRZ View Post
I agree, I Hate it when the only way to communicate/participate in things is through Facebook. I have an account and can log in but.. unprofessional and annoying.

Ikon used to have vendor-ship here, but have since not payed there dues?

would be cool if we could get in contact with the rep that used to hang around
@Angela.IKON
Yeah,I agree about Facebook. I don't have an account,and will probably never get one,so I guess I'm out of luck on some stuff.

I tried to ask about ordering something from Ikon a while back and never got a response. They seem to be pretty terrible at customer service.
Th3rdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:26 PM   #27
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAEMANO View Post
Making more Facebook accounts doesn't help resolve the problem of FB itself. Matter of fact, it does just the opposite. Many folks have come to understanding after using some critical thought as to why all FB's services are offered to them for "free". The billion dollar infrastructure FB has invested in must (by definition) result in a profitable product to sell and that is you. FB's active measures mitigate the (sarcasm incoming) very clever and not thought of tactic of opening a phony account by functioning outside of your active participation after you have agreed to their ToS.

How? FB identifies your computer or phone's specific hardware, assigns it a key, geolocates it and then installs damn near undeletable software that allows them to know your browsing history, location, keystrokes (whether "submitted" or not), and heat maps your mousing actions whether you've clicked or not. All this happens upon sign up regardless of you giving them phony credentials or even logging into that account ever again.

And how do they do that? By triangulating the hardware key and location of the phony account against your real FB account hardware key as well as hardware keys from technology "partners" that you unwittingly agreed to participate with when you conveniently "logged in with Facebook" while not noticing or caring that they clearly state they will share your information with their technology partners unless opted out. Together discerning who you are, what you do, what you love and hate and what motivates you to act is used to make you believe you want or do not want things. Like Ford over Chevy or, or this political candidate over that one. If you think it doesn't work you're wrong. No one's mind is an uninfluenced steel trap only accessible by their permission.

The only way to keep this from working is to minimize your accessible private data footprint by not exposing yourself to websites where you are the product. Faux accounts do not accomplish this. Please stop encouraging people to make them.

Also vote with your wallet, insist that retailers operate outside of sites like Facebook. Don't shop at retailers that offer Facebook only specials. If you're in the U.S. remind retailers, friends, and government agencies that they are alienating and not reaching 200 million Americans and 5 billion people of the world that aren't in The Face Book.

Finally read up on Facebook's damn near psychotic practices and business conduct and at least hear out why they're dangerous to participate in. This is no small matter.
The problem is facebook is just one of many companies that do this. If you have a credit card, a home loan, a car loan, or have ever given any of your personal info to anyone on the planet, they already know everything about you, and in many cases these companies are so great at collating data and matching people up to fragments of data they know things you've forgotten. Online or offline it doesn't matter, privacy died a long time ago.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 12:16 AM   #28
DAEMANO
Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
The problem is facebook is just one of many companies that do this. If you have a credit card, a home loan, a car loan, or have ever given any of your personal info to anyone on the planet, they already know everything about you, and in many cases these companies are so great at collating data and matching people up to fragments of data they know things you've forgotten. Online or offline it doesn't matter, privacy died a long time ago.
Sorry that your feelings about this have driven you to this level of submission. Are you saying if you've given someone your name, address and SSN to conduct a business transaction, that you should then also hand that and more (like your diary, photo albums, personal/private networks, and geolocation data) to companies like FB and Google? In a financial transaction the products are transaction services, loaned money, or purchased goods, the cost is a percentage of the transaction. To social networks, the product appears to be a facilitated communications platform, but in the end users pay by providing an in-depth profile of their emotions, life and mind for the purposes of targeted messaging & advertising. The product is you. How in the world is this comparable?

Point from above is that those that minimize their data privacy footprint will have the smallest pool of data to be drawn from and thus the least accurate data profiles available.

Which platform users have provided the most data points for profile building?

• The over the air TV user vs. DirectTV, Cable user?
  • The VPN internet user vs. Open Internet user?
  • The cash customer vs credit/debit customer?
  • The FaceBook user vs Internet Forums user?
Also remember, this isn't just about providing data, but it's also about carelessly using platforms like Facebook & Google that actively regurgitate targeted messages to you. Facebook is toxic because it creates complex psychographic profiles that the user doesn't know they're fully capable of making and then it uses those profiles to serve up ads that will be more effective than any in history at the precise time you are most available to receive them. The notion that people defend and submit to this model is proof of the efficacy of their marketing techniques.

Thankfully there are millions in the US and billions worldwide that don't think same thing about privacy. You can stop using these services. You can stop providing data hand-over-fist to miners and marketers. You can especially stop doing business with companies that rely on your private information as free raw materials provided by and defended by people that it exploits the most. That's why he refers to his own users the way he does.

DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DAEMANO For This Useful Post:
BRZyJ (09-11-2017), SuperTom (09-11-2017)