follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 11-19-2017, 03:59 PM   #1
drz400dude

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Another Valenti 4th BL install question

It seems like there's a lot of issues with the wiring on this thing. I couldn't find a topic with someone that has the same problem as I do. When I turn my headlights on, the V and the triangle light up. But when I press the brakes nothing happens with the 4th BL. The triangle should blink and then go solid right?

I followed the video on the modbargain.com website. I connected the middle light blue wire from the 4BL harness to the blue wire on the valenti tail lights, and red wire to red wire.

Anyone have any ideas?
drz400dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:01 PM   #2
fx1mark

Drives: red 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz400dude View Post
It seems like there's a lot of issues with the wiring on this thing. I couldn't find a topic with someone that has the same problem as I do. When I turn my headlights on, the V and the triangle light up. But when I press the brakes nothing happens with the 4th BL. The triangle should blink and then go solid right?

I followed the video on the modbargain.com website. I connected the middle light blue wire from the 4BL harness to the blue wire on the valenti tail lights, and red wire to red wire.

Anyone have any ideas?

if you turn your headlights on and the v and triangle light up. then they are wired together. the triangle is either wired to the headlight power or the brake light power. you can't have both.
fx1mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #3
LED86

Drives: Black 86 GTS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
The extension wire that you splice controls the brake flash, so when you brake it gets the signal and flashes.
So two things. 1. The splice isn’t good and not getting the signal
2. Spliced to wring wire like indicator or park light.
LED86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:55 PM   #4
drz400dude

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fx1mark View Post
if you turn your headlights on and the v and triangle light up. then they are wired together. the triangle is either wired to the headlight power or the brake light power. you can't have both.
Ok, so how do I wire it to the brake light? Which wire on the 4th BL is the triangle and which wire coming off the tail light is the brake light?
Old 11-19-2017, 10:56 PM   #5
drz400dude

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LED86 View Post
The extension wire that you splice controls the brake flash, so when you brake it gets the signal and flashes.
What do you mean by extension wire? The red wire on the 4th BL harness? Which wire is the brake light wire on the Valenti tail light?
Old 11-20-2017, 12:58 AM   #6
fx1mark

Drives: red 2014 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by drz400dude View Post
Ok, so how do I wire it to the brake light? Which wire on the 4th BL is the triangle and which wire coming off the tail light is the brake light?

you have to open the light and rewire it so that the V and Triangle are wired separately. If you watched the video it showed you how. here is the thread discussing the mod.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107681
fx1mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 03:09 AM   #7
NRXRaptor

Drives: BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LED86 View Post
This guy is correct. I too had this problem and the t-taps I used hadn't made the connection. Upon redoing that t-tap problem solved. From factory the triangle should blink 5 times upon depressing the brake pedal. All other times it is solid. To change that you would have to open up the unit itself. The 4th brake light should come on when you turn on your foglights.
NRXRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4th brake light, brake light, valenti