follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 08-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #71
industrial
Add lightness!

Drives: 17' WRX
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So what I'm getting here is adding a LWCP will destroy your bearings but get you 1-2 mpg increase.

Uhh... what?
industrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:16 PM   #72
Boxer486
Banned

Drives: small
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
@Boxer486 ok which vendor are you referring to? My vendor never claimed that so I never considered it.

How many are in this thread? I take it you might have missed out on some of the posts. Just look at the post above my last one.
Boxer486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #73
Boxer486
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by industrial View Post
So what I'm getting here is adding a LWCP will destroy your bearings but get you 1-2 mpg increase.

Uhh... what?

Apparently only with a tune. So how much of that is just the tune? Probably a lot.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:21 PM   #74
Infamous Performance

Drives: 02 WRX, 05 LGT, 08 LGT, 08 SpecB
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by industrial View Post

Uhh... what?

No sir. Info is getting convoluted and miss-interpreted.

A LWCP will not destroy your bearings.

A LWCP combined with a LWFW in MT cars is not recommended as it has been proven to cause bearing failures in horizontally opposed blocks.

A LWCP will add a slight amount of performance to your car.

A LWCP can increase fuel efficiency, but most never see it and it is not the number 1 selling point. Increased acceleration due to decreased mass is the number 1 selling point.
Infamous Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Infamous Performance For This Useful Post:
DC2R (08-05-2014), GT86_PRAGUE (12-07-2014), nikitopo (06-26-2016), Tristor (04-18-2018)
Old 08-05-2014, 10:25 PM   #75
Infamous Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer486 View Post
How many are in this thread? I take it you might have missed out on some of the posts. Just look at the post above my last one.

I offered info so consumers can make an informed decision. I recommended no specific brands, no specific vendors and offered no sales pitch.

I gave info that took years to acquire and an opinion on cost/value.

I gave all of this for free. Take it for what it is worth.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Infamous Performance For This Useful Post:
DC2R (08-05-2014), Efferalgan (12-24-2014), GT86_PRAGUE (12-07-2014), kavanagh (09-11-2014), nikitopo (06-26-2016), tennisfreak (08-06-2014), Tristor (04-18-2018), WallsAndFoundations (08-05-2014)
Old 08-05-2014, 10:30 PM   #76
stugray
Banned

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,445 Times in 711 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous Performance View Post
A LWCP will not destroy your bearings.

A LWCP combined with a LWFW in MT cars is not recommended as it has been proven to cause bearing failures in horizontally opposed blocks.
So based on those statements one can deduce that:

A LWFW coupled with a stock pulley will NOT prematurely damage your bearings.

WHY would that be?
stugray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:51 PM   #77
WallsAndFoundations

Drives:
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Huh? It has everything to do with whether the LWCP provides the increased efficiency the vendor claimed. Are we supposed to treat aftermarket parts like blessed holy water now and go on faith?
I have never seen a MPG boost being advertised in any of the LWPs I've seen. . Where are you looking?
WallsAndFoundations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #78
WallsAndFoundations

Drives:
Quote:
I offered info so consumers can make an informed decision. I recommended no specific brands, no specific vendors and offered no sales pitch.

Thank you for the continued input sir, I highly appreciate it.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:35 PM   #79
Boxer486
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallsAndFoundations View Post
I have never seen a MPG boost being advertised in any of the LWPs I've seen. . Where are you looking?

In this thread. Try reading it before you comment ffs. It's only been the topic of discussion for like 2/3rds of the posts here.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=17

Wow, and this is even 'your' thread. WTF have you been reading that these facts are lost on you...

Last edited by Boxer486; 08-05-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:45 PM   #80
Boxer486
Banned

Quote:

I appreciate the feedback. But you are a VENDOR and you sell stuff and you made a claim about LWCPs saving you 1-2mpg. Later you clarified that it was coupled with a tune, a fact which had to be teased out.

I'm not attacking you and I wasn't even talking to you but answering someone else's question. But you should note, we had to spend the better part of a couple pages trying to clarify the specifics of you claim about 1-2mpg on a LWCP swap.

There's a lot of people that sell shit that may or may not work as claimed that costs a decent chunk of coin. You have no right to be defensive about any claims as a vendor when you are the one making them. You just have to support them is all. Shouldn't be a big deal to do without getting defensive.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:06 AM   #81
WallsAndFoundations

Drives:
Quote:
In this thread. Try reading it before you comment ffs. It's only been the topic of discussion for like 2/3rds of the posts here.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=17

Wow, and this is even 'your' thread. WTF have you been reading that these facts are lost on you...
This thread is not someone's vendor site.

Dude you don't gotta be a ****. I'm taking everything in thread with a grain of salt, excuse me if I don't treat what someone is saying in this thread as advertising..

Give me one site where mpg boost is given as a selling point. One. The gentlemen who said is sure, a vender, but is merely saying it is a side effect of the LWCP. Like he said, he ain't selling shit, just merely mentioning what has happened with him
Old 08-06-2014, 12:36 AM   #82
industrial
Add lightness!

Drives: 17' WRX
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:

Can you elaborate? Was this a fa20 or ejxxx? What else was done on the customers car? Have you really seen such a history of failure with this combination that you have established causation? I really hope this wasn't one customers wrx three years ago or some shit like that.
industrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:15 AM   #83
Boxer486
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallsAndFoundations View Post
This thread is not someone's vendor site.

Dude you don't gotta be a ****. I'm taking everything in thread with a grain of salt, excuse me if I don't treat what someone is saying in this thread as advertising..

Give me one site where mpg boost is given as a selling point. One. The gentlemen who said is sure, a vender, but is merely saying it is a side effect of the LWCP. Like he said, he ain't selling shit, just merely mentioning what has happened with him
You need to stop, take a breath, and reread what you and others have said in this thread. You are so far out there atm it's not even possible to have a remotely constructive dialogue based on your last few posts. Hopefully you'll figure it out on your own in the meantime.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:44 PM   #84
Infamous Performance

Quote:
I appreciate the feedback. But you are a VENDOR and you sell stuff and you made a claim about LWCPs saving you 1-2mpg. Later you clarified that it was coupled with a tune, a fact which had to be teased out.

I'm not attacking you and I wasn't even talking to you but answering someone else's question. But you should note, we had to spend the better part of a couple pages trying to clarify the specifics of you claim about 1-2mpg on a LWCP swap.

There's a lot of people that sell shit that may or may not work as claimed that costs a decent chunk of coin. You have no right to be defensive about any claims as a vendor when you are the one making them. You just have to support them is all. Shouldn't be a big deal to do without getting defensive.

I did not say it had to be coupled with a tune. Once again, reading comprehension and miss-interpretation of info given. I said we can make better gains with a tune. I said it is easier to make MPG gains with a tune than by installing a LWCP. I never said you need a tune to realize the gains. You need to be able to log multiple parameters simultaneously, interpret data on the fly and modulate the gas pedal accordingly.

Nothing had to be "teased" out. I gave the most basic explanations possible with each new question. I try to keep the answers basic for multiple reasons and from personal experience.

I am a vendor. I am also an owner and an enthusiast. I am well known on multiple forums for venturing out in to the open forums and participating as a member, not a vendor. I sell parts in the vendor classified sections, I build and work on the cars all day long at my shop. I answer questions, give tech advice and offer opinions based on experience in the open forums.

Sorry to muck-up the thread in an attempt to add actual experience from multiple cars over multiple years.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Infamous Performance For This Useful Post:
Captain Snooze (08-09-2014), GT86_PRAGUE (12-07-2014), WallsAndFoundations (08-06-2014)