follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #43
Turbo_FRS

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So seeing this post has basically answered my question, the 2013 and 2014 are basically the same, it looks like i have to come back and clear up some stuff even more. First of all, i am a super noob as someone said, it's true so why not admit it? I saw this car when it was launched and i fell in love with it at first sight, today everyone says it's the best RWD car in 15 years and will be the funnest car to drive. Add up everything great ive heard about the car up to the present and i am solid on getting this car. One thing that must be made crystal clear, i am in no ways even close to being wealthy enough to get a $25k loan for the car itself, then just throw in a bunch of mods without getting very used to it. Of course i will use the car stock first and chances are that will be for a long time. The mods i mentioned in the OP are what i imagine i will eventually add one by one. I will learn more as i go on and i will look back at this post and think the same you all are. Right now i'm probably at like 5% of really knowing this car. So i guess i deserve all the hate, but whatever, im a noob right now. Nobody just discovers a car they really like, fantasize about how great they will have it be, know all the nitty gritty about it, and be an expert on it in like the first few weeks of discovering the car. Same really goes for anything as complicated as an automobile. This was pretty long, but hope you all know that i know barely anything about the specs of this car, but i like to plan way ahead and i guess i'm just getting ahead of myself. Sorry to all you "experts."
Turbo_FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turbo_FRS For This Useful Post:
Braces (10-18-2013), Wyllliam (10-14-2013)
Old 10-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #44
Turbo_FRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by thill View Post
OP, I don't understand the rude responses. To answer your questions the only difference between the 2013 and 2014 are minor. The base headunit has been upgraded, kneepads have been added to the interior. Body, engine, etc are identical, so none of the mods you mentioned should have any problem.

That said, you might save a few thousand dollars if you buy a 2013 which could allow you to put the savings towards mods.

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Thank you, this is the first full and clear answer i have gotten beside the first answer "yes." I'm fixed on the 2014, and after i use the car for a good time, ill really decided on what aftermarket parts to add if any. I have to admit, i think i'm just getting ahead of myself with all the mods i mentioned in the OP, and i tend to plan far ahead and when the time comes, it usually doesn't go the way i perfectly planned it. I guess thats a big downfall of myself.

Not only did i learn more about the frs, i also learned about myself
Old 10-11-2013, 01:31 AM   #45
executor

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
the forums are a good place to start, lots of helpful people and posts located on here (even sifting through all the hate)

but don't let this be your only stop, look for videos on youtube (and not the paid reviews) the real reviews from frs/gt86 and brz owners and enthusiasts alike and other various webpage reviews and statistics

good luck.. it's a great car but not for everyone.. if you're the type that needs a lot of power and fast acceleration to enjoy a vehicle then this car probably isn't for you
executor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:56 AM   #46
Turbo_FRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by executor View Post
the forums are a good place to start, lots of helpful people and posts located on here (even sifting through all the hate)

but don't let this be your only stop, look for videos on youtube (and not the paid reviews) the real reviews from frs/gt86 and brz owners and enthusiasts alike and other various webpage reviews and statistics

good luck.. it's a great car but not for everyone.. if you're the type that needs a lot of power and fast acceleration to enjoy a vehicle then this car probably isn't for you
I always head to forums for help and advice on various topics so coming here only seems natural for me. An ive already gotten some help. I also must have seen every review and video on the frs and brz on youtube. I feel google will also be a big tool that I will be using lol. I do like going fast quickly, but I think this car will be enough for me. Hopefully ill have the chance to really try one out before I buy one.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 10-11-2013, 02:21 AM   #47
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
If your 2014 didn't have a factory turbo, you got screwed by the dealer
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:28 AM   #48
Obja

Drives: Raven FRS/c5 Corvette
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Bahahahahhahahahahahahahhhhahah................... .............. oh he's serious? oh god...
Obja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 02:42 AM   #49
Tromatic
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 1,728 Times in 786 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Shame to spend all that money on go-fast and then stick that Retard Bunny body on it. You're going to spend 40K and still have a slow car that looks like ass as well.
Tromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #50
Minhtyfresh

Drives: Whiteout fR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm very curious about how old you are and where the money for this car and the mods will be coming from.

I'm assuming the general reason for all the rude responses you are getting is because it sounds like you know very little about cars overall based on your questions. Not that it matters, since we all start somewhere.

Either way, good luck with your purchase buddy. Have fun, but not too much fun!

Oh.. I just noticed the tag on this thread is "brain damage".....
Minhtyfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #51
Muskokan

Drives: white Sport-tech
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
lol @people who think they fixed the chirp with the 14's.
Muskokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #52
Porsche

Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd. MT
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
A couple questions for you, and after you answer them, I may be able to offer you some advice.

1) Age? Teens, early, mid, late twenties, etc.?

2) What are you currently driving?

3) What experience do you have driving sports/performance cars?

Finally, and most important of all:

4) Have you test driven a BRZ or FR-S? Extensively, or just around the block, or not at all?
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #53
R.S-HawK
Banned

Drives: '13 Gen Coupe 3.8 R
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Why is this thread still open?
R.S-HawK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #54
finch1750
Undisputed El Presidente

Drives: Zenki 37J ZN6
Thanked 9,397 Times in 5,261 Posts
Mentioned: 374 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_FRS View Post

Thank you, this is the first full and clear answer i have gotten beside the first answer "yes." I'm fixed on the 2014, and after i use the car for a good time, ill really decided on what aftermarket parts to add if any. I have to admit, i think i'm just getting ahead of myself with all the mods i mentioned in the OP, and i tend to plan far ahead and when the time comes, it usually doesn't go the way i perfectly planned it. I guess thats a big downfall of myself.

Not only did i learn more about the frs, i also learned about myself
I think my question is why are you so stuck on the 2014? Considering how similar they are I would imagine you knew the motor was the same if you did enough reseatch to know you want a '14 and not a '13.

Glad you are learning though. Spend time browsing all sections of the forum and you will learn a crap ton.

"Just like how a strut bar somehow enables you to corner 20MPH faster around a cloverleaf on-ramp, when the reality is, you can do it already but you just don't have to balls to do it." - CSG David
finch1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #55
BRZer86
Wattya

Drives: 2018 Subaru WRX - Limited - 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_FRS View Post
I always head to forums for help and advice on various topics so coming here only seems natural for me. An ive already gotten some help. I also must have seen every review and video on the frs and brz on youtube. I feel google will also be a big tool that I will be using lol. I do like going fast quickly, but I think this car will be enough for me. Hopefully ill have the chance to really try one out before I buy one.

Welcome aboard. Post some pics when you take the plunge. You will find a lot of helpful members, along with plenty of information. Good luck!
BRZer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #56
Turbo_FRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
A couple questions for you, and after you answer them, I may be able to offer you some advice.

1) Age? Teens, early, mid, late twenties, etc.?

2) What are you currently driving?

3) What experience do you have driving sports/performance cars?

Finally, and most important of all:

4) Have you test driven a BRZ or FR-S? Extensively, or just around the block, or not at all?
I'm 19 right now and my first car I've driven was my parents Toyota Camry. I've driven my parents' cars mostly and some of my friends' for fun. I've never purchased a car because there is no point for me right now; I have the choice of 2 of the cars my parents own to drive when they don't use it, college isn't far so driving there is quick and easy on the parents, and instead of spending thousands on an old car, I'm saving up for an frs. May sound stupid and it probably is, but so be it. Little experience driving sports cars besides a lancer Evo x and some other of my friends cars. Have not test driven an frs but hopefully I will be able to soon.

Tags
brain damage