follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 06-09-2015, 04:07 AM   #71
Clott

Drives: 2013 Raven FRS(Sold): Fiesta ST
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dumb question and I will probably be flamed for asking. So based on what I've been reading, the SBC camber bolt (14mm) goes in bottom hole. I tried this, and it seems like I didn't get any results for negative camber. Well not compared to if I put that 14mm bolt in the top mounting hole. I'm on Tein's and these coilers don't have a notched hole. Should I get a 14mm and put it in the lower hole, or place it in the top hole? Second, should I purchase a 16mm bolt for that top hole to adjust camber? I've searched but can't seem to get a definite answer for what I'm trying to do. Currently running 255/35s on an 18x9.5 +38 wheel, and poke just a tad.
Clott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:28 PM   #72
solidONE

Drives: FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clott View Post
Dumb question and I will probably be flamed for asking. So based on what I've been reading, the SBC camber bolt (14mm) goes in bottom hole. I tried this, and it seems like I didn't get any results for negative camber. Well not compared to if I put that 14mm bolt in the top mounting hole. I'm on Tein's and these coilers don't have a notched hole. Should I get a 14mm and put it in the lower hole, or place it in the top hole? Second, should I purchase a 16mm bolt for that top hole to adjust camber? I've searched but can't seem to get a definite answer for what I'm trying to do. Currently running 255/35s on an 18x9.5 +38 wheel, and poke just a tad.
Make sure the washer with the positioning tab is in the correct orientation. Honestly, take it to an alignment shop and I'm sure any competent alignment tech can do this. You should be getting an alignment anyhow.

Last edited by solidONE; 06-09-2015 at 08:39 PM.
solidONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #73
Devil 86

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@solidONE how have your camber bolts been holding up? I have whitelines 16 mm upper camber bolts and I'm thinking about buying the spc 14 mm lower bolts for more negative camber but I'm not pulling the trigger until I know running both top and bottom camber bolts is 100% safe/reliable
Devil 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:27 AM   #74
solidONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil 86 View Post
@solidONE how have your camber bolts been holding up? I have whitelines 16 mm upper camber bolts and I'm thinking about buying the spc 14 mm lower bolts for more negative camber but I'm not pulling the trigger until I know running both top and bottom camber bolts is 100% safe/reliable
Haven't had a problem with them.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:09 AM   #75
Keenercarguy
Mountain Runner

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
So I've been combing through the forums and looking for some BRZ alignment specs for OE crash bolts... I know I can do -1.3 to -1.5 degrees of camber but curious if anyone had some bulletproof advice about toe and caster as well. I'm essentially looking for BRZ specific alignments (the FRS does have slightly stiffer rears and that helps a little with the understeer that I'm trying to get rid of) that will be best for auto-x and random track duty. I don't mind sacrificing a little tiny bit of tire wear but I don't want to just start burning through tires 15% faster or anything either. Anyone have some advice, or a point in the right direction? Thanks in advance for any tips haha
Keenercarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 03:32 AM   #76
solidONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenercarguy View Post
So I've been combing through the forums and looking for some BRZ alignment specs for OE crash bolts... I know I can do -1.3 to -1.5 degrees of camber but curious if anyone had some bulletproof advice about toe and caster as well. I'm essentially looking for BRZ specific alignments (the FRS does have slightly stiffer rears and that helps a little with the understeer that I'm trying to get rid of) that will be best for auto-x and random track duty. I don't mind sacrificing a little tiny bit of tire wear but I don't want to just start burning through tires 15% faster or anything either. Anyone have some advice, or a point in the right direction? Thanks in advance for any tips haha
Run as much front camber as you're comfortable with or get away with. As I've said before, I've run 2 sets of SPC camber bolts and as much as -3* on the fronts for track duty without slippage. I'm not sure what people like to run for auto-x as far as alignments go, but high front camber settings applies across the board.

cowardice is the mother of cruelty.