follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.


View Poll Results: What name should Toyota use for the production Toyota FT-1?
Supra gets my vote! 367 74.59%
I don't know, but its time for a new name. 125 25.41%
Voters: 492. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2019, 02:43 PM   #4089
Irace86.2.0
K Swap Everything
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 6,249
Thanks: 4,583
Thanked 4,800 Times in 2,671 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Jokes aside, it was probably put there to replicate the MKIV's cockpit, wrap-around feel for the driver.



__________________
Irace86.2.0 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #4090
krayzie
Drive From Home
 
krayzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Location: Filth City
Posts: 4,914
Thanks: 2,368
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Okay so let's offer a stick shift option. Now how to fit the shifter in there? Oh shit!

krayzie is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 03:20 PM   #4091
Kaotic Lazagna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: Whiteout FR-S Monogram
Location: Lathrop, CA
Posts: 3,973
Thanks: 2,363
Thanked 2,294 Times in 1,393 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Am I the only one who noticed, between all the pictures recently posted, that the car has two fuel caps, one on both sides?
Kaotic Lazagna is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 03:20 PM   #4092
Irace86.2.0
K Swap Everything
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 6,249
Thanks: 4,583
Thanked 4,800 Times in 2,671 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
Okay so let's offer a stick shift option. Now how to fit the shifter in there? Oh shit!

[IMG]
Its not looking good man
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 03:31 PM   #4093
gymratter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Drives: BMW
Location: TX
Posts: 2,301
Thanks: 1,930
Thanked 1,792 Times in 930 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
https://www.supramkv.com/threads/car...er-cover.1505/

gymratter is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #4094
Irace86.2.0
K Swap Everything
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 6,249
Thanks: 4,583
Thanked 4,800 Times in 2,671 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Am I the only one who noticed, between all the pictures recently posted, that the car has two fuel caps, one on both sides?
I tend to not give such things too much notice or credence knowing that mirror images are often used when formatting. But if it is true then it could be a water tank for BMWs water injection technology, or perhaps a dual setup for E85 and conventional gas. Isnt it true that many countries that run E85 like Brazil have cars with a smaller tank that takes conventional fuel for cold startups?

The other option is a plug-in hybrid version. Toyota has made a point of talking about how they want to rebrand hybrid technology, eliminating the boring personal associated with models like the Prius. They want to take Teslas approach to electricfication by marketing hybrids as performance models. The first example of this (I believe) was the Toyota Rav4; the hybrid is the most powerful and fastest version. Like the Holy Trinity and cars like the Acura NSX, the hybrid could be the top spec, showing what the brand car do with hybrid technology. Just a guess.
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 03:59 PM   #4095
Kaotic Lazagna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: Whiteout FR-S Monogram
Location: Lathrop, CA
Posts: 3,973
Thanks: 2,363
Thanked 2,294 Times in 1,393 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymratter View Post
If you look really closely at the C-pillar inside of the car, you'll see a roll cage and what looks like a harness bar; and no left hand fuel cap. Either that's a Euro car or it's just a rendering????
Kaotic Lazagna is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 04:03 PM   #4096
Kaotic Lazagna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: Whiteout FR-S Monogram
Location: Lathrop, CA
Posts: 3,973
Thanks: 2,363
Thanked 2,294 Times in 1,393 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
I tend to not give such things too much notice or credence knowing that mirror images are often used when formatting. But if it is true then it could be a water tank for BMWs water injection technology, or perhaps a dual setup for E85 and conventional gas. Isnt it true that many countries that run E85 like Brazil have cars with a smaller tank that takes conventional fuel for cold startups?

The other option is a plug-in hybrid version. Toyota has made a point of talking about how they want to rebrand hybrid technology, eliminating the boring personal associated with models like the Prius. They want to take Teslas approach to electricfication by marketing hybrids as performance models. The first example of this (I believe) was the Toyota Rav4; the hybrid is the most powerful and fastest version. Like the Holy Trinity and cars like the Acura NSX, the hybrid could be the top spec, showing what the brand car do with hybrid technology. Just a guess.
I'm just going to chock it up to mirror imaging. I think they did that with the interior renderings since the "Toyota" image on the HU was mirrored. lol. I also thought about E85, but I doubt that.

Your PIHV idea is interesting tho.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 04:39 PM   #4097
daiheadjai
Senior Member
 
daiheadjai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Drives: 2003 S2000, 2008 Fit
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Posts: 1,986
Thanks: 2,583
Thanked 1,150 Times in 686 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vh_supra26 View Post
Idk. But I think the US is getting around 3,000 cars.

The side reminds me a lot of the 2000GT.


The Supra has a much more realistic claim to 2000GT lineage (in my eyes) than the 86 does... I always thought the "86 looks like the 2000GT" spiel was more marketing than reality, but the Supra proportions look much closer.

Looks good - now let's hope there's a crazy surprise on Monday (i.e. a limited run M/T production just to shut up the haters - they'd sell out in 5 minutes).
daiheadjai is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to daiheadjai For This Useful Post:
vh_supra26 (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 05:05 PM   #4098
Irace86.2.0
K Swap Everything
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 6,249
Thanks: 4,583
Thanked 4,800 Times in 2,671 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
If you look really closely at the C-pillar inside of the car, you'll see a roll cage and what looks like a harness bar; and no left hand fuel cap. Either that's a Euro car or it's just a rendering????
That or just body behind plastic moulding. It would be cool if you are right.
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is offline  
Old 01-13-2019, 05:07 PM   #4099
Irace86.2.0
K Swap Everything
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 6,249
Thanks: 4,583
Thanked 4,800 Times in 2,671 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daiheadjai View Post
The Supra has a much more realistic claim to 2000GT lineage (in my eyes) than the 86 does... I always thought the "86 looks like the 2000GT" spiel was more marketing than reality, but the Supra proportions look much closer.

Looks good - now let's hope there's a crazy surprise on Monday (i.e. a limited run M/T production just to shut up the haters - they'd sell out in 5 minutes).
The 86 does have a low hood with rolling high front fender arches like the 3000GT, but for sure, the engineered layout between the two are completely different.
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Irace86.2.0 For This Useful Post:
daiheadjai (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 05:17 PM   #4100
vh_supra26
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Drives: Supra
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,741
Thanks: 1,135
Thanked 2,143 Times in 954 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
The car only has one gas cap. The earlier leaks were just mirrored images (flip-flop).
vh_supra26 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to vh_supra26 For This Useful Post:
Kaotic Lazagna (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 06:54 PM   #4101
Kaotic Lazagna
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Drives: Whiteout FR-S Monogram
Location: Lathrop, CA
Posts: 3,973
Thanks: 2,363
Thanked 2,294 Times in 1,393 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
That or just body behind plastic moulding. It would be cool if you are right.
If it's anything like what Porsche does, they give the Euro units roll cages on their RS models (I think those were it), but the US units did not receive them.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 08:57 AM   #4102
WolfpackS2k
Senior Member
 
WolfpackS2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Drives: '12 C63 P31, '17 GTI Sport, '00 MR2
Location: NC
Posts: 2,802
Thanks: 2,700
Thanked 1,712 Times in 979 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Thus, I am not buying the reliability of this "credible source". Most reputable automotive magazines have indicated the car will sell for about $60K.

Hopefully, we will find out in two more days who is "credible".
And all of those publications were speculating; nothing factual to back up their predictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuslarBrrrz View Post
Would you buy one for $49990?
Nope, no manual transmission means no interest from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiheadjai View Post
Looks good - now let's hope there's a crazy surprise on Monday (i.e. a limited run M/T production just to shut up the haters - they'd sell out in 5 minutes).
A limited production run of manuals, that's impossible to buy, would not shut up the haters. At least not the ones that would actually buy them. If it's still not attainable, then it doesn't really matter.
__________________
Current: '12 C63 AMG P31, '17 VW GTI Sport, '00 MR2 Spyder
'06 Porsche Cayman S - sold and missed

'13 SWP BRZ-L - Innovate Supercharged - RIP, claimed by VIR T10

'07 S2000 - DD & track rat - sold
'92 GS-R - 300k club member - sold
WolfpackS2k is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to WolfpackS2k For This Useful Post:
Dadhawk (01-14-2019)
 
Closed Thread

Tags
bmwforsuckers, boring-zzzzzzzzzzzzz, brz, celica supra confirmed, frs, ft-1, hatch-y +1, morethanucanaffordpal, nomanualnogo, supra, toyota, twins, watstheretailon1ofthose

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Next Toyota Supra Spotted Fishbed77 Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 12 09-07-2016 06:46 PM
Rebooted Toyota Supra prototype finally seen! MR2fan Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 24 09-07-2016 04:46 PM
Toyota to Debut New Hybrid R Sports Concept at the Frankfurt Show: New Supra teased? vh_supra26 Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions 15 11-05-2015 09:27 PM
Toyota FR-S : Official Name for the FT-86 Concept? Dark Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 155 08-04-2010 11:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.