follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 08-20-2021, 04:59 PM   #1
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
LF good Porsche shop in the GTA

My brother bought a 2012 911 S cabrio and he's not much of a car guy. Since I am somewhat of one, I wanted to see if I could get some good recommendations for shops for maintenance. The car has 42K km so it won't need much but thought avoiding the dealership might be a wise decision. So, any Porsche shops close to north Toronto that anyone has positive experience with I would appreciate your advice.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.

Last edited by wbradley; 08-24-2021 at 08:22 AM.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:22 PM   #2
Muskoka800

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS Release Series 2#439
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mantis Racing has been operating in Oakville for many many decades.
I can’t comment on their service however to thrive in that $$$ market means something.
Muskoka800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 08:28 AM   #3
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Even searching for online Canadian Porsche owners forums, there doesn't seem to be much. Compare that to the community here and how quick is is to search any resource related to these cars right here with ease. Cheers to the people that have been on this amazing ride from the very start. So inviting for new owners. How could anyone elligible say no to the 2022!? Such an easy decision, whether it's your daily or the 4th garage spot weekend rocket.

Anyway, just appreciating what we have all built here for future owners. A ZN6 Wiki.

Still looking for Toronto Porsche service recommendations if anybody knows anybody. I had a friend who went to some dude Klaus years ago but haven't kept in touch with the friend so who knows where Klaus is.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
Old 08-24-2021, 09:10 AM   #4
Koba

Drives: 2020 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Eurojapan
7634 Woodbine Ave. Unit 7
Markham
905-four one five-1oo6

Not a Porsche shop per se, but very knowledgeable old school pro. Great prices too.
Can't recommend him enough, been going there for years, anything from DD SUVs to my race car builds, never an issue nor any BS.
I believe Klaus retired, and most of the indy P-car shops are $$$.
Koba is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Koba For This Useful Post:
wbradley (08-25-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 10:35 AM   #5
CrowsFeast

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
I had a friend who went to some dude Klaus years ago but haven't kept in touch with the friend so who knows where Klaus is.
I thought Klaus sounded familiar wrt Porsche:
https://www.porsche.com/canada/en/ab...l-de&lang=none

I don't think he'll be servicing the cars though!

There's lots of various european mechanics out there. Most are going to be a little more specialized towards VW/audi or BMW and Mercedes but either might also be reasonably familiar with Porsche procedures. I used to take my BMW to one near the airport, just tried to look it up to give you the name but it looks like they're not there anymore.
CrowsFeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 06:09 PM   #6
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
My brother bought a 2012 911 S cabrio and he's not much of a car guy. Since I am somewhat of one, I wanted to see if I could get some good recommendations for shops for maintenance. The car has 42K km so it won't need much but thought avoiding the dealership might be a wise decision. So, any Porsche shops close to north Toronto that anyone has positive experience with I would appreciate your advice.
Speedstar up in Markham is VERY good. They used to work on other cars (like my S2000) but they have now pretty much moved on to just Porsches, Audis, etc.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 09:01 AM   #7
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Speedstar up in Markham is VERY good. They used to work on other cars (like my S2000) but they have now pretty much moved on to just Porsches, Audis, etc.
My office was at Birchmount and 14th for many years. I have seen whole long lines of S2000's at Speedstar before. Their name seems to pop up more often than others.
My brother lives in North Toronto and he is a professional, and works in Yorkville so I am trying to help him avoid getting exploited by Downtown Porsche, which I am sure they will eventually. Saw the car last night, dark blue with a black interior. Looks great. I'm pretty sure he's never launched it. Probably get 4 years out of a set of tires. Lol
Old 08-25-2021, 10:06 AM   #8
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Garage
Quote:
My office was at Birchmount and 14th for many years. I have seen whole long lines of S2000's at Speedstar before. Their name seems to pop up more often than others.
My brother lives in North Toronto and he is a professional, and works in Yorkville so I am trying to help him avoid getting exploited by Downtown Porsche, which I am sure they will eventually. Saw the car last night, dark blue with a black interior. Looks great. I'm pretty sure he's never launched it. Probably get 4 years out of a set of tires. Lol
Speedstar is as good as anything - they race, they do DD high cars, etc.

If they can't do something, they will tell you about it and options to sub-con. I've got nothing but good things to say about their attention to detail. Frank is one of the best guys to follow up on customers.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
The Following User Says Thank You to Frost For This Useful Post:
wbradley (08-25-2021)
Old 08-25-2021, 02:26 PM   #9
CrowsFeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
If they can't do something, they will tell you about it and options to sub-con.
That is a surprisingly important detail!

Years ago now I went to Pfaff racing with my E46 to get the rear subframe mounts reinforced. Met with them beforehand and scheduled which day ("oh ya, we've done lots of them before. no problem"). Dropped it off on the day of and went about my day (actually had to get a rental and go to work on my day off because an important presentation got booked on my day off). Come back at the end of the day; "The race shop is busy so we took it to a body shop we use sometimes and they said they couldn't do it. Here's your car and parts back."

Wasted a precious vacation day, paid for a rental car for the day, used the 407 to get to the shop to make sure I wasn't late, all for nothing: not even an apology (let alone compensation for any of it). MF'er you're unloading a La Ferrari and Mclaren P1 in front of me; you can afford to pay back my 1 day Enterprise rental!
Old 08-25-2021, 04:35 PM   #10
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Garage
That sucks.

I purchased my first new car from Pfaff at their original store in Newmarket back in '85. They sure got big.
Old 08-26-2021, 02:15 PM   #11
CrowsFeast

Quote:
That sucks.

I purchased my first new car from Pfaff at their original store in Newmarket back in '85. They sure got big.
I should mention that on the opposite side their BMW dealership on Dixie always treated me very well. It was just the exotic dealer/race shop that jerked me around.
Old 08-26-2021, 03:02 PM   #12
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director

Garage
Quote:
That sucks.

Here's the fun part... Speedstar does overflow work from Pfaff.

OTA LIVE TIMING LINK
The Following User Says Thank You to Frost For This Useful Post:
wbradley (09-15-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 04:42 PM   #13
tanner

Drives: '10 S4/'13 BRZ/'16 GT4/E30 M3
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Haven't been on the forums in quite a while and probably was able to take the 911 to a shop, the link below are to technical centres that Porsche owners can use to get their car teched for their track events. All of them are well known within the Porsche community here in Ontario.

https://pcaucr.org/driving/driver-ed...forms-centres/

tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tanner For This Useful Post:
wbradley (10-04-2021)