follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
RR Racing
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > MIDDLE EAST

MIDDLE EAST Middle East


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2021, 04:11 PM   #1
.neji
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Drives: Lexus Gs300
Location: UAE
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Query about Toyota 86 spare parts in UAE

Hello all,

I'm planning to buy 2nd hand Toyota GT86 2013 - 2015 model.

Before I proceed with this step I thought of asking the current owners within UAE about the spare parts especially the used ones (scrap) if it's available in Sharjah industrial area/Sajaa or not and if the genuine spare parts are expensive or it's similar to Toyota's usual pricing for the other models (Corolla, Camry and Avalon).

If there's any advises to go with, that will be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
.neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 03:52 PM   #2
maui86
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Drives: 86
Location: hawaii
Posts: 78
Thanks: 13
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .neji View Post
Hello all,

I'm planning to buy 2nd hand Toyota GT86 2013 - 2015 model.

Before I proceed with this step I thought of asking the current owners within UAE about the spare parts especially the used ones (scrap) if it's available in Sharjah industrial area/Sajaa or not and if the genuine spare parts are expensive or it's similar to Toyota's usual pricing for the other models (Corolla, Camry and Avalon).

If there's any advises to go with, that will be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.



I'm not located in the UAE, but have ordered new OEM parts shipped from Sharjah on a few occasions. In general, the UAE pricing has been on par with, and sometimes lower than, pricing of the same OEM part shipped from Japan or sourced from Toyota/Subaru dealers in the US.
maui86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 02:10 AM   #3
.neji
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Drives: Lexus Gs300
Location: UAE
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by maui86 View Post
I'm not located in the UAE, but have ordered new OEM parts shipped from Sharjah on a few occasions. In general, the UAE pricing has been on par with, and sometimes lower than, pricing of the same OEM part shipped from Japan or sourced from Toyota/Subaru dealers in the US.

Thanks Maui for your inputs it's really appreciated.

Any idea about the after market pricing, how is it compared to the other sport cars? I.E. 370z
.neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 04:55 PM   #4
maui86
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Drives: 86
Location: hawaii
Posts: 78
Thanks: 13
Thanked 26 Times in 21 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .neji View Post
Thanks Maui for your inputs it's really appreciated.

Any idea about the after market pricing, how is it compared to the other sport cars? I.E. 370z

I haven't purchased any non OEM parts from the UAE thus far, so I don't really have any input there. Aftermarket parts for this platform tend to be on the more affordable end of the market and widely available though.
maui86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 09:20 AM   #5
.neji
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Drives: Lexus Gs300
Location: UAE
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maui86 View Post
I haven't purchased any non OEM parts from the UAE thus far, so I don't really have any input there. Aftermarket parts for this platform tend to be on the more affordable end of the market and widely available though.

Thanks a million Maui
.neji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:06 AM   #6
02maher
Member
 
02maher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Drives: Gt86 2013
Location: Dubai
Posts: 37
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .neji View Post
Hello all,

I'm planning to buy 2nd hand Toyota GT86 2013 - 2015 model.

Before I proceed with this step I thought of asking the current owners within UAE about the spare parts especially the used ones (scrap) if it's available in Sharjah industrial area/Sajaa or not and if the genuine spare parts are expensive or it's similar to Toyota's usual pricing for the other models (Corolla, Camry and Avalon).

If there's any advises to go with, that will be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
You can find spare parts from Sharjah industrial areas although youíll have way more options in Sajja. I went to Sajja on multiple occasions and found what I needed sometimes at a reasonable price. Youíll have to bargain of course.

Genuine parts are mostly cheaper than from US and they are not that expensive compared to other cars parts.

Donít hesitate for any other questions !
02maher is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
spare parts, toyota 86

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Performance Package spare tire vs. regular spare JeremyR Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack 66 11-10-2020 01:25 AM
Blown/spare parts engine Charleston, SC Garrett86 Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons 0 05-15-2019 05:18 AM
Where to get spare parts on the cheap? shay999 AFRICA 9 11-22-2015 10:16 AM
Final drive spare parts misooscar Want-To-Buy Requests 0 08-28-2015 10:45 PM
Working Fender Vent Project... Need your spare parts exE36M3 Northern California 7 05-02-2014 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.