follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 05-22-2018, 10:01 PM   #4537
PR138

Drives: '14 WRB BRZ | '17 CB STi
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgrym3 View Post
What is HBP?
High boost pulley
2013 UM Scion FR-S
PR138 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PR138 For This Useful Post:
Anderzz (05-22-2018), CSG Mike (05-23-2018), stlgrym3 (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 10:02 PM   #4538
Anderzz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR138 View Post
High boost pulley
Beat me to it ;P yes HBP = High Boost Pulley

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2018, 06:14 PM   #4539
JDMChris

Drives: 2016
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDMChris
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR-ZED View Post
Thanks for the replies guys. Could you all specify if you have the C30 or the C38? Worrying if that the C38 may not have enough low-end in carb form. The low end is important to me because I will be using the car primarily for autocross, where downshifting isn't really an option
It makes the same power down low. Either options will be great for what you will be doing with the car.
JDMChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:58 PM   #4540
kowalski

Drives: 2016 brz
Hi there.

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I did the JRSC install recently and I notice that all the SC components run quite hot after regular drives (no pulls whatsoever) and they keep doing so after almost 2 hrs after stoping the car.

I am specially concerned with intake hoses and and the SC itself. Granted, it is quite hot here in México (90F give or take these days).

I know adding FI should stress the components and that boost implies heat. But is this normal? (you could not possibly rest your hand on any of the intake hoses). Coolant temps seem to be alright. But I am worried that something is wrong with the SC unit or that the heat on both hoses; air filter to SC and intercooler to engine mainfold is so high that I doubt any cool air is getting in. Heat from the SC is also transferring to the hoses.

I also wanted to ask if there is a specific reason why the MAF sensor should be horizontally layed with the hood (manual says vertical to the front, that's how It is now, but photos seem to have it facing upwards the hood) and if that makes a difference.

thx!
kowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 01:41 PM   #4541
JDMChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kowalski View Post
Hi there.

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I did the JRSC install recently and I notice that all the SC components run quite hot after regular drives (no pulls whatsoever) and they keep doing so after almost 2 hrs after stoping the car.

I am specially concerned with intake hoses and and the SC itself. Granted, it is quite hot here in México (90F give or take these days).

I know adding FI should stress the components and that boost implies heat. But is this normal? (you could not possibly rest your hand on any of the intake hoses). Coolant temps seem to be alright. But I am worried that something is wrong with the SC unit or that the heat on both hoses; air filter to SC and intercooler to engine mainfold is so high that I doubt any cool air is getting in. Heat from the SC is also transferring to the hoses.

I also wanted to ask if there is a specific reason why the MAF sensor should be horizontally layed with the hood (manual says vertical to the front, that's how It is now, but photos seem to have it facing upwards the hood) and if that makes a difference.

thx!
Do you have physical data? I'm pretty sure it is all in your head. Driving for 2 hours in a stock car will make things under the hood hot too.

MAF should be on the TOP portion of the MAF tube, just like the picture in the instructions.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDMChris For This Useful Post:
kowalski (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 02:57 PM   #4542
kowalski

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMChris View Post
Do you have physical data? I'm pretty sure it is all in your head. Driving for 2 hours in a stock car will make things under the hood hot too.

MAF should be on the TOP portion of the MAF tube, just like the picture in the instructions.
It was actually after a 20 min drive. I have some logs for idle, not for that ride. but still fine adjusting the tune with my tuner. I just saw that the outer piping of the SC which attaches to the jackson racing labeled tube is not the one used in the manual. So I am going to check this out also before logging. Thx for the comment. I also thought it was on my head. But hey...it feels damn hot.

Check: https://imgur.com/a/TdJL2E1

Enviado desde mi SM-A730F mediante Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2018, 03:06 PM   #4543
JDMChris

Quote:
It was actually after a 20 min drive. I have some logs for idle, not for that ride. but still fine adjusting the tune with my tuner. I just saw that the outer piping of the SC which attaches to the jackson racing labeled tube is not the one used in the manual. So I am going to check this out also before logging. Thx for the comment. I also thought it was on my head. But hey...it feels damn hot.

Check: https://imgur.com/a/TdJL2E1

Did you purchase this kit new? That coupler hose on the supercharger outlet does not go there. Those clamps are not the ones that come in the kit either. I would double check your install to make sure the correct pieces are where they should be.
Old 05-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #4544
kowalski

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMChris View Post
Did you purchase this kit new? That coupler hose on the supercharger outlet does not go there. Those clamps are not the ones that come in the kit either. I would double check your install to make sure the correct pieces are where they should be.
Yes. Kit was new. Clamps failed when torqued to spec, that's why I got new ones and sometimes double clamp the hoses just in case. I think the coupler might have been installed elsewhere. Probably on the intercooling circuit. Thing is that the front fender was also really dificult to put back on. It snaped on the driver's side. So I took it to a shop to try to force-fix it... which was done. I'll update in the following days to see if all went well.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:30 PM   #4545
Anderzz

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Premium
Garage
Quote:
Yes. Kit was new. Clamps failed when torqued to spec, that's why I got new ones and sometimes double clamp the hoses just in case. I think the coupler might have been installed elsewhere. Probably on the intercooling circuit. Thing is that the front fender was also really dificult to put back on. It snaped on the driver's side. So I took it to a shop to try to force-fix it... which was done. I'll update in the following days to see if all went well.

Fenders shouldn't come off for install...

Old 05-24-2018, 03:33 PM   #4546
kowalski

Haha. Sorry. I meant front bumper. Bump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderzz View Post
Fenders shouldn't come off for install...

Old 05-24-2018, 03:36 PM   #4547
kowalski

Ok...reviewing some pics I took of the install I found the coupler. Now I have to relocate...

https://imgur.com/a/lKYjHtP

Old 05-24-2018, 04:25 PM   #4548
86_Life

Drives: Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlgrym3 View Post
Any word on when CARB tune for 2017+ going to be out?
I emailed Jackson Racing on the 21st asking this very question and their response was "We are awaiting on CARB to send us the new CARB CE for the 2017+ 86's. We should have it soon and they will be up for sale shortly."
86_Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:28 PM   #4549
JDMChris

Quote:
Ok...reviewing some pics I took of the install I found the coupler. Now I have to relocate...

https://imgur.com/a/lKYjHtP

From your pictures your piping alignment looks very misaligned. That is likely the reason you had trouble getting the bumper back on properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDMChris For This Useful Post:
kowalski (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 04:30 PM   #4550
86_Life

Drives: Taco
Got a question for California tuners with this kit who also have the Factory Tuned version for CARB reasons. Is it possible to add an E85 tune to the kit and also keep it CARB legal?
86_Life is offline   Reply With Quote