follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 06-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #1
V_86

Drives: 2015 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Fraying driver side floor mat

I've noted that the driver side carpet is starting to get kind of furry where my heal is sitting 90% of the time. Right now I have a cloth there, but it looks terrible and its not the safest thing. Has anyone ever stitched in rubber or some other material as a a heal "pad?" Or is there something like this already sold integrated into the floor mat?
V_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #2
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
The mats look great but the pile isn't durable at all. When mine started to show wear I just put it in the trunk and bought a set of cheap used BRZ mats which I am using.

Some people have riveted on a diamond patterned steel plate where they wear. Looks great and I might do the same eventually.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
Hampton

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I know a company in Phoenix, Local Motors, made a small batch of heel plates, but this was a couple years ago. Either @jeffsides or @RedLeader, even though he sold he car and moved, could probably share more info than I can. Here's a pic of the product

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffsides View Post
Attachment 22230
Here ya go
Hampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:43 PM   #4
V_86

Drives: 2015 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Lol, I know someone who works for Local Motors. That's a bit ostentatious for my taste
V_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 04:56 PM   #5
RedLeader

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post
I know a company in Phoenix, Local Motors, made a small batch of heel plates, but this was a couple years ago. Either @jeffsides or @RedLeader, even though he sold he car and moved, could probably share more info than I can. Here's a pic of the product
Yeah, I made those for awhile, got banned for selling them here and gave up on it because forum admins are only interested in making money, not doing anything for the community (basically "you can sell those but we want our $80 per month to be a vendor"). LM still has the plans for them, I'm sure if you got in touch, they'd be able to make you one again.

I only made 20 plates, 5 of which were BRZ plates. The one in the picture you quoted was my prototype, the final designs were slightly different. I added some anti-skid tape to the plate because the polished aluminum was WAY too slippery.
RedLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:12 PM   #6
phrosty

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I gave up trying to keep mine in good condition and just keep my WeatherTechs in year round now.
2013 Whiteout 6AT FR-S | Perrin Inlet Tube + 2.75" CAI | OpenFlash Header | P&L Catback | 4.88 Final Drive | Dialed in OFT 2.0x Stage 2 E85 | 18x8 Enkei Raijin + 225/40 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | 17x7 Stock + 215/45 Michelin X-Ice Xi-2
phrosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 05:37 PM   #7
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,049 Times in 8,324 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLeader View Post
Yeah, I made those for awhile, got banned for selling them here and gave up on it because forum admins are only interested in making money, not doing anything for the community (basically "you can sell those but we want our $80 per month to be a vendor"). LM still has the plans for them, I'm sure if you got in touch, they'd be able to make you one again.

I only made 20 plates, 5 of which were BRZ plates. The one in the picture you quoted was my prototype, the final designs were slightly different. I added some anti-skid tape to the plate because the polished aluminum was WAY too slippery.
Before this thread get deleted or etc, I'll clear few things.

1. I see your point that, you want to make something cool for the community. I respect that, but at the same time, you are selling something here. Not just one, but 20 or so item. That count as vending.
2. I'm not sure how it happened, cuz I'm not the one banned you or saw that report, but can you justify to other vendors who actually pay the vendor fees each month to be vendor here that what you try to do was justified? Cuz I can tell you, they'll say "no".
3. Hachi (our admin) ain't by no means money hungry, but he's very VERY strict. There's no grey zone with him and it's literally black and white. Which sometimes I feel lil harsh... but as a mod, I know what's black and what's white, makes thing clear to understand.

You might not like those answer, but please don't make it sounds like we're the only bad guy here.

Thanks

ichi
Old 06-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #8
breadcrumbz

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I had this exact same problem when my cloth frs mats started to wear out in only a few weeks where my right heel sat. I decided to get the scion all weather mats for ~$70 and never had to worry again as the rubber is much more durable. They fit perfectly like the cloth ones as they are OEM and come in handy when I go hiking!
breadcrumbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:32 AM   #9
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadcrumbz View Post
I had this exact same problem when my cloth frs mats started to wear out in only a few weeks where my right heel sat. I decided to get the scion all weather mats for ~$70 and never had to worry again as the rubber is much more durable. They fit perfectly like the cloth ones as they are OEM and come in handy when I go hiking!
This^. Except the Canadian cars come with the all weathers as well as the normal ones. I just leave the all weather in unless going to a function or something.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:32 AM   #10
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Just as a bonus note, series blue mat is carpet looking blue plastic. =) love them.
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote