follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 08-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #3809
Gloonge

Drives: 2013 frs raven
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKITA View Post
Good to know Shiv's still alive.. curious to see how that tune works out. My DT Ecutek tune started first crank

Something I've learned in the last week or so. Mine's driving pretty good right now ..still think there's a little more in the tank but it's doing a lot better after..... wait for it

I removed my freaking Revo lightweight crank pulley.. may seem obvious in hindsight..but I don't think without serious tuning which I don't even know if that would correct the issues I was having while rev matching and general clutch disengaged throttle response. I've always said even before SC install that the crank pulley upgrades were the biggest waste of money (for me) unless you are trying to shave a tenth at the track. Well I further that opinion and say if not building a pure track car that lives at 7k rpm leave em off the car. All the other pulleys are fine just not the crank pulley.

Anyways removing it just fixed a lot of the little throttle behaviors I was having. It drives a whole lot better..

Yea I kinda wish I had ponied up the extra $500 and went with DT or CSG, If this revision does not get the car started, I will see about a possible refund and go with one of the above. Hoping for the best, cause I love the simplicity of the OFT with data logging without having to lug around a laptop.
Gloonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:13 PM   #3810
AKITA

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS Halo
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloonge View Post
Yea I kinda wish I had ponied up the extra $500 and went with DT or CSG, If this revision does not get the car started, I will see about a possible refund and go with one of the above. Hoping for the best, cause I love the simplicity of the OFT with data logging without having to lug around a laptop.
Yeah but it can only do 14 variables at 20 min intervals. It works in a NA environment quite well, I used it a lot myself.. and if Shiv gets it working.. might work pretty good for the SC. People and this is key "who know" what they are doing really well have gotten that to work with turbos, etc.. but probably no tuner outside Shiv would fine tune this platform and there is it's true limitation..
AKITA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:40 AM   #3811
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloonge View Post
Do you mean data logging and or monitoring way more parameters lugging around a phone?
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 05:21 AM   #3812
Gloonge

Drives: 2013 frs raven
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Do you mean data logging and or monitoring way more parameters lugging around a phone?
My SC didn't come with the BT adapter.
Gloonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:09 PM   #3813
aKaGorganZola

Drives: 2017 BRZ Series. Yellow
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
So I'm halfway through my install and I've hit a small snag. The washer that is supposed to hold the new pulley on is the wrong size. It falls right through. I just spoke with a couple guys at Edelbrock and took my calipers and gave them measurements and made them aware. Tony I guess was out sick this morning (of course) but supposedly is aware of the problem. At some point the instructions were not updated to the new part number so new kits going out might have the same issue I do. I had Dave give me the measurements on the correct washer so I can hopefully go find something close at the hardware store.
All measurements are in thousandths
ID - .338"
OD - .818"
Thick - .158"
Hope this helps anyone running into the same thing.
aKaGorganZola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:29 PM   #3814
AKITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aKaGorganZola View Post
So I'm halfway through my install and I've hit a small snag. The washer that is supposed to hold the new pulley on is the wrong size. It falls right through. I just spoke with a couple guys at Edelbrock and took my calipers and gave them measurements and made them aware. Tony I guess was out sick this morning (of course) but supposedly is aware of the problem. At some point the instructions were not updated to the new part number so new kits going out might have the same issue I do. I had Dave give me the measurements on the correct washer so I can hopefully go find something close at the hardware store.
All measurements are in thousandths
ID - .338"
OD - .818"
Thick - .158"
Hope this helps anyone running into the same thing.
yeap same here.. it's been noted... had to scrounge to find a suitable washer in my bin... and it's too thin as well..
Old 08-05-2020, 03:52 PM   #3815
Side

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
yeap same here.. it's been noted... had to scrounge to find a suitable washer in my bin... and it's too thin as well..
My brother and I simply fit a larger washer behind the smaller one. Hopefully it won't cause any issues. Car has been driving fine so far.
Side is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Side For This Useful Post:
AKITA (08-05-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 07:40 PM   #3816
aKaGorganZola

Garage
Quote:
I managed to find a grade 8 "thick washer" at my local hardware store. It's still thinner than the correct one from Edelbrock but being a grade 8 it should be plenty strong. I think it came to be .11 vs .15 so I'm not too worried.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:43 PM   #3817
aKaGorganZola

Garage
Also has anyone seen any guides on relocating a mishimoto cooler to fit. I've got a couple ideas on how to mod the bracket but if someone's already done it I'd welcome the input.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:57 PM   #3818
AKITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by aKaGorganZola View Post
Also has anyone seen any guides on relocating a mishimoto cooler to fit. I've got a couple ideas on how to mod the bracket but if someone's already done it I'd welcome the input.
To me this requires some ingenuity, probably the one thing that requires the most. It's all about your hose length and imagination. I hate mine being in front of my SC rad and AC condenser cause all that makes the AC not work as quick in 100+ deg F . Either way I used nut riviters (got the idea since instructed to mount one in the EB instructions for the DT running lights heatsink move... so I just nut rivited a hole into the front crash bumper, used a pre existing hole where I think the hi tone horn was hanging, fabbed some heavier gauged hangers and hung it just hovering over the plastic fascia, and this particular Jackson racing cooler the hose lengths had me push it that far to the passenger side.. so for me it's all about your own ideas and how you want to accomplish the task. Mine works well other than being in front of the AC condenser (I personally think it doesn't contribute nearly as much heat as the SC condenser does). But I would have to be on the track hard to go over 200 F.
Old 08-06-2020, 08:27 AM   #3819
aKaGorganZola

Garage
Quote:
To me this requires some ingenuity, probably the one thing that requires the... But I would have to be on the track hard to go over 200 F.
That's essentially what I was planning on doing. I bought another oil line that should let me push it all the way to the right (passenger) side like you did. Using the factory mount though it contacts the SC LTR with about an inch gap to the crash bar mounting surface. So I went back in this forum to where Michele Abbate had the video of her car and figured I could fab up some mounts and hang it underneath the crash bar. My only concern now is if the 45s on the mishimoto lines will clear the bar or if I'll need to swap to 90s.
Attached Images

Old 08-08-2020, 09:38 PM   #3820
AKITA

Good example of what I'm saying..
Old 08-10-2020, 10:07 PM   #3821
aKaGorganZola

Garage
Bummer looks like I got unlucky and got a bad map sensor. Bill and Nazar are taking care of things for me so fingers crossed they can get one out to me quickly
The Following User Says Thank You to aKaGorganZola For This Useful Post:
AKITA (08-11-2020)
Old 08-18-2020, 01:26 AM   #3822
shr133

Drives: 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdTRD View Post
As promised, here's the list of materials I used and some of my notes.

Also, since I had to order more than I needed, I have enough to make 4 more blocks with nipples. If anyone is interested, I'll make it for you (first come first served), just cover the cost of materials (roughly $10) and shipping. Just send me a PM. I've already cleared this with @ichitaka05 .

1"x2"x12" Nylon block: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $38.13 + tax and shipping

Nylon NPT nipples (pack of 10): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 $5.84 + tax and shipping

TMAP Sensor: https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/bo...st+sensor,5705 $27.79 + tax and shipping

TMAP extension Harness: https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Way-Pin-B...53.m2749.l2649 4 inch harness $9.99 + tax and shipping, 20 inch harness $24.99. First order they sent the wrong harness (3 pin) second order they sent me a 20 inch even though I ordered the 4 inch.

TMAP pigtail Harness: https://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Map-Senso...53.m2749.l2649 $8.99 + tax and shipping

Notes:
TMAP sensor fits into a 12mm dia hole, runner wall thickness there is 1/2"
TMAP probe length is 7/8" long so 3/8" of the sensor is inside the runner which how much of the sensor tip is open to air flow.

15/32 is .46875
12mm is .472441
difference .00369

1/4 NTP threaded hole requires 7/16 pilot hole
Made my harness, going to test run in the next couple of days.
Enkei TS9 18 X 8, Michelin Sport 4S 225 40 18, Flex Fuel, Edelbrock Supercharger, P & L header, Nameless front pipe, V1 cat back, Aluminum Driveshaft, pvc delete, med duck bill, KW V3, Whiteline 20 and 18 mm bars, Buddy Club and SPL control arms, Toe Arms, motor and trans mounts, Whiteline bushings, SHR stage II tune.
shr133 is offline   Reply With Quote