follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 03-30-2017, 07:24 PM   #1
Pakman

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Best Washington County Car Wash

Where do you guys go to wash your car in Washington County? I would wash the car myself , but no garage and the self wash service I know is horrible. Let me know your top pics and why it has treated you well.
Pakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 09:29 PM   #2
NickB34

Drives: 2014 BRZ
I've never gone to a car wash, so I can't help you there. I'd take a bucket and a wash mitt to a self serve if I was without my own place. Don't use their brush!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
NickB34 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NickB34 For This Useful Post:
IgamaS (03-31-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 09:21 PM   #3
Jdex420

Drives: 2014 FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I used to go to a do it ur self with my bucket and mitt. Sometimes I'd get dirty looks but who cares. Those brushes are full of rocks and dirt. And a drive though wash can leave swirl marks and scratches.
Jdex420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 09:25 PM   #4
T-Steve

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
National Pride car wash on Cedar Hills in Beaverton is my favorite. It's just a bit nicer than most of the other manual washes.

They have a carpet shampoo machine as well.
T-Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:44 AM   #5
modbus

Drives: '14 BRZ | '95 Range Rover
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
When I don't care to hand-wash, there is a touchless at the 76 on Cornell and 185th. On nice days it is pretty busy. The highest tier wash is like $10, and they hand wipe it dry at the end even after it has gone through the hurricane drying cycle (I haven't decided if this is a good or bad thing, since they don't always look like microfiber cloths and there's no way of knowing if they have junk embedded in them).

I normally wash at home but I have also gone to a coin-op over on TV Highway (Aloha Car Wash) between 198th and 185th which is pretty good, but I only really go there because it is the next most convenient. I bring my own microfiber mitt and avoid using the brushes there because you just don't know who last used it for what. Places typically discourage you from using your own mitt since you aren't using their paid foamy brush on the clock, but I found you can't get to everything with that either. So far I haven't been hassled on it, but I also go when all the stalls aren't busy.
modbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:43 PM   #6
Pakman

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by modbus View Post
When I don't care to hand-wash, there is a touchless at the 76 on Cornell and 185th. On nice days it is pretty busy. The highest tier wash is like $10, and they hand wipe it dry at the end even after it has gone through the hurricane drying cycle (I haven't decided if this is a good or bad thing, since they don't always look like microfiber cloths and there's no way of knowing if they have junk embedded in them).

I normally wash at home but I have also gone to a coin-op over on TV Highway (Aloha Car Wash) between 198th and 185th which is pretty good, but I only really go there because it is the next most convenient. I bring my own microfiber mitt and avoid using the brushes there because you just don't know who last used it for what. Places typically discourage you from using your own mitt since you aren't using their paid foamy brush on the clock, but I found you can't get to everything with that either. So far I haven't been hassled on it, but I also go when all the stalls aren't busy.
Hmm. I might try Aloha car wash out since it's pretty close. Thanks for the insight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Steve View Post
National Pride car wash on Cedar Hills in Beaverton is my favorite. It's just a bit nicer than most of the other manual washes.

They have a carpet shampoo machine as well.
Sweet. 24/7! Really leaning towards this place. Pretty good reviews also. I just hope they don't throw a fit when I bring my own equipment. Thanks!
Pakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 01:11 AM   #7
Silverstar

Drives: 2013 SS BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Have you considered waterless or rinseless washes? I use them when it's too cold or rainy out. Both the Adam's Polishes Waterless and Rinseless work very well.
PM me, I can demo them for you.
Silverstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:20 PM   #8
thehapaone
Wasian Ninja

Drives: 2013 Crystal Black Silica BRZ-L
Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Garage
I go to the pay n spray on 10th in Hillsboro...just bring my own microfibers and sponges

Previous Cars: 1970 Chevelle 350 (crashed still have in CA), 2000 Honda Accord Coupe (sold)
thehapaone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carwash, clean, cosmetic, maintenance