follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2020, 09:45 PM   #141
solidsnake11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Drives: brz
Location: nc
Posts: 981
Thanks: 312
Thanked 584 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)



This is funny as shit, all the lecturing you gave me about tig welding.
This would be a difficult of 1 on a scale of 0-10.
It is seriously one of the easiest welds to make and make look good.

I would assume you now know what I was talking about stuff warping while your trying to make the perfect cosmetic weld, considering you welded the flanges without them being bolted down.

I thought about telling you why they welded the inside of the flange and not the outside of it when you mentioned you was going to weld the outside but I decided I would let you get some hands on experience.

The flange doesn't warp near as much when you weld the inside.

I think I should go edit all of threads that you gave me shit on and post your example of your skills.

This defiantly put a smile to my face.

Last edited by solidsnake11; 07-29-2020 at 11:30 PM.
solidsnake11 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to solidsnake11 For This Useful Post:
Elliotw (07-30-2020), Irace86.2.0 (07-31-2020), RayRay88 (07-30-2020), TylerLieberman (07-29-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 12:07 AM   #142
TylerLieberman
Senior Member
 
TylerLieberman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: '20 Hakone 86 & '17 Tacoma TRD
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,337
Thanks: 493
Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,308 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lol
__________________
TylerLieberman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Elliotw (08-02-2020), Irace86.2.0 (07-31-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 03:03 AM   #143
Irace86.2.0
Senior Member
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 3,600
Thanks: 2,230
Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,221 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake11 View Post
This is funny as shit, all the lecturing you gave me about tig welding.
This would be a difficult of 1 on a scale of 0-10.
It is seriously one of the easiest welds to make and make look good.

I would assume you now know what I was talking about stuff warping while your trying to make the perfect cosmetic weld, considering you welded the flanges without them being bolted down.

I thought about telling you why they welded the inside of the flange and not the outside of it when you mentioned you was going to weld the outside but I decided I would let you get some hands on experience.

The flange doesn't warp near as much when you weld the inside.

I think I should go edit all of threads that you gave me shit on and post your example of your skills.

This defiantly put a smile to my face.
I never ridiculed what you were capable of. I ridiculed how lazy you were with your welds. There is a difference between skill and laziness. I also explained that, but you seem to have your ego hurt.

I also said this was the first time I used a TIG welder ever, and the local welding shop and Home Depot only had thick gauge welding rod, so there was a conflict of using that with the heat required from thin gauge steel.

Also, the guy I bought the used welds off of had already had a crack on one of Ace's welds, which he got repaired, but I wanted to reinforce it.

Again, check the ego man. All I originally said in your original comment was that suggesting to others that they should weld straight through a ceramic coating without sanding it off is a bad idea. I'm sorry your ego couldn't take the truth, but again, it didn't surprise me because I recalled that you took short cuts with your welds when you are capable of better welds.

Let me know if you need your ego stroked some more, and I'll try to come up with some more novice welds for you to compare to. In the meantime, your lazy welds look about as bad as my novice welds, so
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Irace86.2.0 For This Useful Post:
solidsnake11 (07-31-2020)
Old 07-31-2020, 07:05 AM   #144
solidsnake11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Drives: brz
Location: nc
Posts: 981
Thanks: 312
Thanked 584 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post

Let me know if you need your ego stroked some more

This was not what I was talking about when I said get some hands on.

Lazy?
My whole car is DIY.
There is zero parts on my k24 swap that was bought for a K24 swap. ZERO. It is all hand made by me. Engine was also built and tuned by me using the stock brz ecu.

:belly roll:

Last edited by solidsnake11; 07-31-2020 at 03:59 PM.
solidsnake11 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to solidsnake11 For This Useful Post:
86TOYO2k17 (08-01-2020), Elliotw (08-02-2020), Irace86.2.0 (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 01:25 AM   #145
RayRay88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Drives: 2017 86 860 Special Edition
Location: Toronto
Posts: 429
Thanks: 159
Thanked 343 Times in 185 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RayRay88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RayRay88 For This Useful Post:
Elliotw (08-02-2020), Irace86.2.0 (08-01-2020), solidsnake11 (08-01-2020), TylerLieberman (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 01:48 AM   #146
Irace86.2.0
Senior Member
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 3,600
Thanks: 2,230
Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,221 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake11 View Post
This was not what I was talking about when I said get some hands on.

Lazy?
My whole car is DIY.
There is zero parts on my k24 swap that was bought for a K24 swap. ZERO. It is all hand made by me. Engine was also built and tuned by me using the stock brz ecu.

:belly roll:
You know what I am referring to. You welded through the paint on your oil pan without removing the paint. That definitely was a lazy moment. In fact, you said so yourself.

__________________
Irace86.2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 06:50 AM   #147
solidsnake11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Drives: brz
Location: nc
Posts: 981
Thanks: 312
Thanked 584 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irace86.2.0 View Post
You know what I am referring to. You welded through the paint on your oil pan without removing the paint. That definitely was a lazy moment. In fact, you said so yourself.

Its usually easier to burn through paint than it is to weld thinned out medal from sanding the paint off, when its as thin as an oil pan.
solidsnake11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:28 PM   #148
Irace86.2.0
Senior Member
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 3,600
Thanks: 2,230
Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,221 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake11 View Post
Its usually easier to burn through paint than it is to weld thinned out medal from sanding the paint off, when its as thin as an oil pan.




__________________
Irace86.2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:46 PM   #149
solidsnake11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Drives: brz
Location: nc
Posts: 981
Thanks: 312
Thanked 584 Times in 338 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stripper might work if you don't wind up creating a poisonous gas when you weld it. The media blaster might work also but it may warp it. Not sure if walnuts would cut the coated pan.

You have very little hands on, until you have your own experiences you need to lay off, you have no idea what your talking about.
You do have some experience with warped flanges now.
solidsnake11 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to solidsnake11 For This Useful Post:
Elliotw (08-02-2020), TylerLieberman (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 10:22 PM   #150
TylerLieberman
Senior Member
 
TylerLieberman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: '20 Hakone 86 & '17 Tacoma TRD
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,337
Thanks: 493
Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,308 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake11 View Post
Stripper might work if you don't wind up creating a poisonous gas when you weld it. The media blaster might work also but it may warp it. Not sure if walnuts would cut the coated pan.

You have very little hands on, until you have your own experiences you need to lay off, you have no idea what your talking about.
You do have some experience with warped flanges now.
You could tell him to stay in his own lane, but judging by his youtube videos passing cars over double yellow lines and on the shoulders, I'd say he probably can't do that very well either lol

__________________
TylerLieberman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Elliotw (08-02-2020), solidsnake11 (08-01-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 10:26 PM   #151
TylerLieberman
Senior Member
 
TylerLieberman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: '20 Hakone 86 & '17 Tacoma TRD
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,337
Thanks: 493
Thanked 2,656 Times in 1,308 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay88 View Post
__________________
TylerLieberman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
Irace86.2.0 (08-02-2020), RayRay88 (08-02-2020), solidsnake11 (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 02:19 AM   #152
Irace86.2.0
Senior Member
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 3,600
Thanks: 2,230
Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,221 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake11 View Post
Stripper might work if you don't wind up creating a poisonous gas when you weld it. The media blaster might work also but it may warp it. Not sure if walnuts would cut the coated pan.

You have very little hands on, until you have your own experiences you need to lay off, you have no idea what your talking about.
You do have some experience with warped flanges now.
You talking about poisonous gases? What do you think happens when you weld through paint or coatings?



I used paint stripper before. It works well. Just needs good prep. I have bead blasted parts too. Actually fun.
__________________

Last edited by Irace86.2.0; 08-02-2020 at 10:07 AM.
Irace86.2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:20 AM   #153
Irace86.2.0
Senior Member
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 3,600
Thanks: 2,230
Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,221 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
You could tell him to stay in his own lane, but judging by his youtube videos passing cars over double yellow lines and on the shoulders, I'd say he probably can't do that very well either lol
You should see me in my car if you think that was bad
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 02:39 AM   #154
Irace86.2.0
Senior Member
 
Irace86.2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 3,600
Thanks: 2,230
Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,221 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
On a separate note, I got the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires in and the ARP studs and wheel spacers. I think I am going to canyon, hoon and donut the rest of the treads off the old tires before throwing these on, but I plan on installing the spacers and studs tomorrow. I'll try to get some before and after shots.
__________________
Irace86.2.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beginner STX Build Whiteout FRS Build Thread Hachi86Roku Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 21 03-31-2020 07:52 PM
[B is for Build] BRZ resurrection build im_topher Member's Car Journals 49 03-05-2018 09:41 AM
HKS stroker kit build going onto edelbrock SCd e85 FRS - build questions Corradooo Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 2 11-25-2017 07:16 PM
IRACE86's Build Irace86 Member's Car Journals 25 01-10-2017 04:35 PM
No build date on passenger side sticker, how to determine build date? BBYZILA Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 5 01-20-2015 10:14 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.