follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 11-03-2022, 12:05 PM   #253
Rican_D

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBRZsKnees View Post
I've returned the T'eyes unit and purchased a 9" Joying Android 10 unit instead. The Joying system has been so smooth by comparison. The harness took a bit more figuring out, but the audio is clear and powerful. No visual artifacts in Carplay. And the Joying unit has a volume knob, which is way more of a benefit than expected.

Seems I was just unlucky with the CC3 since I'm not seeing many similar experiences. I wouldn't go back to T'eyes though.

Anyway, I have an unused T'eyes OBD II dongle that I'll sell cheap if anyone wants it...
Sucks you had bad experience. Last Joying unit I had didn't really work properly for me. Very happy with my Teyes unit.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Rican_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 02:50 PM   #254
ermax

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT Raven
Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,186 Posts
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBRZsKnees View Post
I've returned the T'eyes unit and purchased a 9" Joying Android 10 unit instead.
The main issue I have with my CC3 is call quality in CarPlay. If I kill CarPlay and drop back to a standard Bluetooth call the quality is fine. It was much worse before one of the iOS updates but it's still not great.

I'm curious how call quality is on the Joying when in CarPlay. Also, exactly what model do you have, there are lots of them?
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 04:31 AM   #255
TheBRZsKnees

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I'm curious how call quality is on the Joying when in CarPlay. Also, exactly what model do you have, there are lots of them?
It's hard for me to say, to be honest. I actually managed to cut the cable for the mic during my install. I patched it up, but I make so few phone calls that I didn't even think to test it until you asked.

Needless to say, it didn't work at all haha. I replaced it with a generic one from Amazon. After a quick test, the person on the other end reported good quality with the mic close to my mouth, and poor quality with it in the factory mounting spot or above the steering column.

Our cars have an insane amount of road noise that I've always just figured calls were hopeless.