follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #1
armstrom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: none
Location: nowhere
Posts: 225
Thanks: 39
Thanked 124 Times in 67 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there a Subaru TSB for the direct injector seals?

I've searched extensively but cannot find a Subaru TSB for the detonation issue at throttle tip-in that causes injector seal failure. Does such a thing exist? I've seen the Toyota TSB from South Africa that's floating around but somehow I doubt my local Subaru dealer will care about that one bit I'm having the detonation problem on my 2013 BRZ and am planning to take it in to the dealership this week so I would like to be prepared.

Thanks!
-Matt
armstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:39 AM   #2
Tcoat
Donít deal well with dumb
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,404
Thanks: 61,342
Thanked 107,094 Times in 46,081 Posts
Mentioned: 2466 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrom View Post
I've searched extensively but cannot find a Subaru TSB for the detonation issue at throttle tip-in that causes injector seal failure. Does such a thing exist? I've seen the Toyota TSB from South Africa that's floating around but somehow I doubt my local Subaru dealer will care about that one bit I'm having the detonation problem on my 2013 BRZ and am planning to take it in to the dealership this week so I would like to be prepared.

Thanks!
-Matt
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attac...1&d=1375302652


http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21868
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
humfrz (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 12:26 PM   #3
armstrom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: none
Location: nowhere
Posts: 225
Thanks: 39
Thanked 124 Times in 67 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for the reply! I had actually found that one already but that's related to the cam shaft sensors. This issue is specifically related to the ECU mapping being incorrect at throttle tip-in during shifts and whatnot.
edit: Ugh.. apparently I can't link to another forum... This thread discusses the problem in detail and the youtube video linked there shows the toyota of south africa TSB at the beginning. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...ica+detonation

-Matt
armstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #4
Tcoat
Donít deal well with dumb
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,404
Thanks: 61,342
Thanked 107,094 Times in 46,081 Posts
Mentioned: 2466 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrom View Post
Thanks for the reply! I had actually found that one already but that's related to the cam shaft sensors. This issue is specifically related to the ECU mapping being incorrect at throttle tip-in during shifts and whatnot.
edit: Ugh.. apparently I can't link to another forum... This thread discusses the problem in detail and the youtube video linked there shows the toyota of south africa TSB at the beginning. http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...ica+detonation

-Matt
It is sort of buried in that one but this addresses the misfire issue that was taking out the injectors as well as several other items.
If you are talking just the ECU flash then there may be no TSB for it but the dealer shouldn't put up any fight in just giving you the latest version.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:31 PM   #5
armstrom
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Drives: none
Location: nowhere
Posts: 225
Thanks: 39
Thanked 124 Times in 67 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah, I'm not worried about getting the flash.. I'm worried about getting them to inspect (and replace, if needed) the injector seals. Just getting to them to check if they're damaged is a pain. The fact that I get an occasional backfire and consistent detonation would indicate to me that the seals are damaged. I just need to convince the dealership of that as well.
-Matt
armstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 03:37 PM   #6
Tcoat
Donít deal well with dumb
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,404
Thanks: 61,342
Thanked 107,094 Times in 46,081 Posts
Mentioned: 2466 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by armstrom View Post
Yeah, I'm not worried about getting the flash.. I'm worried about getting them to inspect (and replace, if needed) the injector seals. Just getting to them to check if they're damaged is a pain. The fact that I get an occasional backfire and consistent detonation would indicate to me that the seals are damaged. I just need to convince the dealership of that as well.
-Matt
Which is exactly why I point you to the cam TSB that fixes the misfires. Even if the seals are blown you still need to tackle what may have caused it in the first place.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is online now   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
do the direct injector seals need to be replaced? Astroboy Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 17 04-15-2015 07:01 AM
Injector Seals went Bad while tuning my car whitefrs Forced Induction 128 08-20-2013 01:19 PM
Direct Injector's Leaking Carwhisperer Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 1 05-11-2013 10:31 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.