follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ > GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)

GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86) General topics for the GR86 second-gen 86


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-27-2022, 11:08 PM   #421
RaceAddict
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Drives: 4RUNNER, WRX
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 60
Thanks: 14
Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyoid View Post
Dealers are starting to receive their monthly allocations towards orders.

I won't be able to see these as they are allocated in the customer's names. But I have just received allocations for other vehicles that are Japan built. Usually Toyota Canada will get the build lists from the Japan factories altogether and then allocate all together. So theres a good possibility some GR86 orders will be filled by the end of the week.
You're giving me a little ray of hope... was starting to get discouraged here, wondering whether my car would show up at all before it snows, or if I'd get screwed with a GR arriving in January, winter tires being entirely unavailable, and having to park the car until spring.
RaceAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RaceAddict For This Useful Post:
Rustyoid (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 10:55 AM   #422
Tcoat
Donít deal well with dumb
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,414
Thanks: 61,346
Thanked 107,145 Times in 46,090 Posts
Mentioned: 2466 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAddict View Post
You're giving me a little ray of hope... was starting to get discouraged here, wondering whether my car would show up at all before it snows, or if I'd get screwed with a GR arriving in January, winter tires being entirely unavailable, and having to park the car until spring.
I saw four of them headed down the highway on a truck this morning so they are around.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Ambassador Foolish (10-28-2022), RaceAddict (10-29-2022), Rustyoid (10-28-2022)
Old 10-28-2022, 01:22 PM   #423
fatboydean
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Drives: 2016 BRZ Hikari
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 78
Thanks: 30
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi all,
For me the wait is over. I cancelled my order, got my trade in $$ back and bought an MX-5 GS-P.

Good luck!
fatboydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 06:17 AM   #424
RaceAddict
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Drives: 4RUNNER, WRX
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 60
Thanks: 14
Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboydean View Post
Hi all,
For me the wait is over. I cancelled my order, got my trade in $$ back and bought an MX-5 GS-P.

Good luck!
This thought has crossed my mind more than once.
RaceAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 09:36 PM   #425
fatboydean
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Drives: 2016 BRZ Hikari
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 78
Thanks: 30
Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceAddict View Post
This thought has crossed my mind more than once.
I would say go for it!
fatboydean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 12:53 AM   #426
RaceAddict
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2022
Drives: 4RUNNER, WRX
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 60
Thanks: 14
Thanked 34 Times in 20 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboydean View Post
I would say go for it!
It would make for an interesting driveway... my kid has a 96 Hilux Surf (JDM 4Runner) and a 99 Miata... parked next to my current gen 4Runner, and a current gen MX-5?

Unfortunately I like the RF far better than the convertible, and that puts the $$$ just out of what I was aiming to pay.

Last edited by RaceAddict; 10-31-2022 at 10:44 AM.
RaceAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 03:18 PM   #427
Cyan Blade
Junior Member
 
Cyan Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Drives: Wheelbarrow, lowered with NOS
Location: Canada
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Not sure if anyone has seen this site, but they keep a pretty good update on Toyota's CDN stock backlog.

https://evto.ca/toyota-vehicle-wait-time-guide/

GR 86's are at between 8-16 month delays.
Cyan Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 04:41 PM   #428
Rustyoid
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Drives: 2022 GR86
Location: Canada
Posts: 226
Thanks: 214
Thanked 247 Times in 126 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan Blade View Post
Not sure if anyone has seen this site, but they keep a pretty good update on Toyota's CDN stock backlog.

https://evto.ca/toyota-vehicle-wait-time-guide/

GR 86's are at between 8-16 month delays.
That site was NOT accurate at all earlier this year. It caused some frustrations when customers refer to that and don't believe what we the dealer are saying;

"If we thought we could match those timelines we would! We wont lie to you and say it takes longer! We WANT your money! But we are not going to lie to you to make you happy..."

It makes me happy to see that it is much more accurate now!
Rustyoid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rustyoid For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-04-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 11:01 AM   #429
Tcoat
Donít deal well with dumb
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,414
Thanks: 61,346
Thanked 107,145 Times in 46,090 Posts
Mentioned: 2466 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyan Blade View Post
Not sure if anyone has seen this site, but they keep a pretty good update on Toyota's CDN stock backlog.

https://evto.ca/toyota-vehicle-wait-time-guide/

GR 86's are at between 8-16 month delays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustyoid View Post
That site was NOT accurate at all earlier this year. It caused some frustrations when customers refer to that and don't believe what we the dealer are saying;

"If we thought we could match those timelines we would! We wont lie to you and say it takes longer! We WANT your money! But we are not going to lie to you to make you happy..."

It makes me happy to see that it is much more accurate now!
WOW It is nuts when the 86 is one of the sooner expected delivery times!
I have been in the Tier One auto parts industry for over 30 years and if somebody said 5 years ago there would be 18 to 24 month waiting for a Toyota of any type I would have laughed at them.
The sad part is that the industry forecasts do not show an improvement in the situation for at least another year yet.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 11:06 AM   #430
jvincent
Senior Member
 
jvincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Drives: 2022 WRB BRZ Sport-Tech
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,739
Thanks: 131
Thanked 1,406 Times in 712 Posts
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
WOW It is nuts when the 86 is one of the sooner expected delivery times!
I have been in the Tier One auto parts industry for over 30 years and if somebody said 5 years ago there would be 18 to 24 month waiting for a Toyota of any type I would have laughed at them.
The sad part is that the industry forecasts do not show an improvement in the situation for at least another year yet.
Is it still chip related or is it just everything at this point?

So glad I pulled the trigger last fall.
jvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 11:14 AM   #431
Tcoat
Donít deal well with dumb
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,414
Thanks: 61,346
Thanked 107,145 Times in 46,090 Posts
Mentioned: 2466 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
Is it still chip related or is it just everything at this point?

So glad I pulled the trigger last fall.
Yes and no. The trickle down from the chip situation took a while to have impact but the shortages go all the way back to the raw materials now. Sort of a domino effect that there were no chips to make the equipment to mine and form the materials to make the parts to make more chips. Not just the end product (the car's themselves) were hit.
The situation in Europe isn't helping either as that is where many raw materials and sub components come from.
Another, little seen thing, is that many of the smaller suppliers (those clips, gaskets, screws, washers, bits and bobs that hold a car together) didn't survive the shut downs so those that are left are scrambling to make up demand.
We get monthly updates from head office in Germany and the forecast is still not rosy.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Petah78 (11-04-2022), roddy (11-04-2022), Rustyoid (11-04-2022), Sport-Tech (11-04-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 11:59 AM   #432
Petah78
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Drives: 2022 BRZ sport-tech
Location: Canada
Posts: 374
Thanks: 311
Thanked 181 Times in 113 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Yes and no. The trickle down from the chip situation took a while to have impact but the shortages go all the way back to the raw materials now. Sort of a domino effect that there were no chips to make the equipment to mine and form the materials to make the parts to make more chips. Not just the end product (the car's themselves) were hit.
The situation in Europe isn't helping either as that is where many raw materials and sub components come from.
Another, little seen thing, is that many of the smaller suppliers (those clips, gaskets, screws, washers, bits and bobs that hold a car together) didn't survive the shut downs so those that are left are scrambling to make up demand.
We get monthly updates from head office in Germany and the forecast is still not rosy.
It will be interesting to see what happens to used car prices next spring. Seems like supply is not going to be fixed by then but rates are going up, forces working against each other.
__________________
Daijiro Katoh - Champion Forever!
Past: 92 EG w/JDM B18C, 00 EK w/JDM B18C, 04 600RR, 97 ITR #421, 10 Acura CSX-S, 17 BRZ
Current: 22 BRZ, 00 S2K - #0220
Petah78 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Petah78 For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-04-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 12:03 PM   #433
Tcoat
Donít deal well with dumb
 
Tcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Drives: 2020 Hakone
Location: London, Ont
Posts: 69,414
Thanks: 61,346
Thanked 107,145 Times in 46,090 Posts
Mentioned: 2466 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petah78 View Post
It will be interesting to see what happens to used car prices next spring. Seems like supply is not going to be fixed by then but rates are going up, forces working against each other.
Yep.
I was considering picking up some cheap junker for a winter beater but when the cheapest thing I can find is a 2003 Mazda 3 with a bizillion miles on it for $5,000 I decided to pass.
__________________
Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar, because Racecar.
Tcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tcoat For This Useful Post:
Petah78 (11-04-2022)
Old 11-04-2022, 12:23 PM   #434
Cyan Blade
Junior Member
 
Cyan Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Drives: Wheelbarrow, lowered with NOS
Location: Canada
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Yep.
I was considering picking up some cheap junker for a winter beater but when the cheapest thing I can find is a 2003 Mazda 3 with a bizillion miles on it for $5,000 I decided to pass.
God forbid someone's daily gets stolen. You're stuck having to replace it right away with an overpriced used car because you're SOL trying to buy a new anything.
Cyan Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyan Blade For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (11-04-2022)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RPAC Quik Release Bumper Latch Kit - In stock - Canadian Exclusive Dealer FT86Motorsports CANADIAN Sales 1 08-21-2016 03:30 AM
Warning to Canadian owners about stock battery Suberman CANADA 46 03-02-2015 08:28 PM
Need a favor from a Canadian BRZ owner, (Canadian Base model with Manual Trans)) boomslang CANADA 1 09-08-2014 12:24 AM
Dealer Allocations? Nat CANADA 8 08-22-2012 09:47 AM
TO ALL MY CANADIAN FRIENDS - BRZ Canadian Pricing Released zex BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics 7 04-24-2012 01:46 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2023 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.