follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #225
Gary in NJ

Drives: WR Blue BRZ, 240Z
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
So I sent a message to the OP no answer, who can answer my last remaining questions and sell me a unit? I feel like Fry from Futurama "Take my money!!!"
Look at the bottom of the first post. It's in RED, very hard to miss.

Gary in NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:36 AM   #226
regal

Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullWorks View Post
In Modern Motors with variable valve timing EGR is a condition you create with the crank angle and valve timing,

Exactly , hopefully with the OFT this bad behavior can be tuned out.

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #227
Ammonia

Drives: Whiteout FRS, Audi A4, 135i (sold)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Bays View Post
Introducing a company/product by immediately bashing other companies/products is terrible marketing and I have zero respect for that. That just means they're insecure about their product and services and have to put others down (falsely) to make themselves look good. This can be compared to a high school bully. You're going to end up a loser while the smart quieter guy becomes the rich and powerful leader.

I saw quite abit of this over on the BMW tuning side, alot of 'aggressive marketing" by Vishnu which led to alot of ill feelings towards Shiv and his products. I really hope it doesn't happen on this platform as well, I got really tired of the arguing and drama on bimmerboost, e90post, etc.

Such a thing doesn't benefit the community as a whole, no matter how well-intentioned or 'enlightening' the data is.
Ammonia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ammonia For This Useful Post:
448hpsti (09-26-2013), Sportsguy83 (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #228
TIE Pilot

Drives: TIE interceptor; BRZ13
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
I saw quite abit of this over on the BMW tuning side, alot of 'aggressive marketing" by Vishnu which led to alot of ill feelings towards Shiv and his products. I really hope it doesn't happen on this platform as well, I got really tired of the arguing and drama on bimmerboost, e90post, etc.

Such a thing doesn't benefit the community as a whole, no matter how well-intentioned or 'enlightening' the data is.
As much as i like to read about this product ... they might be brearking 2 of the 3 vendor's rules*. (Or they are in a grey area)
mobybrz (10-01-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #229
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombinhood@OpenFlash View Post
I remember a post (although I don't recall what thread it was in) that Vishnu posted with the update to the firmware it would allow for 50% faster flashing.

Is there a possibility for Live tuning in the future? When using an Access port you can get 20-30 modifications to the map in an hour, whereas with the slower speed of tuning with the current solutions it will cut that number by more than half.

That might require a redesign however making a piggyback style cable that would alter the maps as they passed through the Ecu while tuning keeping the data in memory, then reflashing once the session was done.

I know that would be a feature that tuners and users alike would fully embrace.
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (09-27-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 11:34 AM   #230
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary in NJ View Post
Look at the bottom of the first post. It's in RED, very hard to miss.
Their website didn't give a lot of information on inputs, outputs, becoming a vendor etc. Hints I needed further answers from a PM. I don't want to just buy it and not find out exactly how flexible it can be.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #231
448hpsti
In Test:Oil Fed SC

Drives: Vortech Prototype Test Car
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Shiv has interesting stuff, seems like a swell fellow

but until he tackles and masters Fi on our platform,I'm not sure i see the benefits of it in my garage, perhaps @shiv@vishnu can elaborate? Of why I want this over ecutek, if both flash back to stock equally, once you go Fi that is rarely a concern, returning to stock that is.

lots of cars as they age will see boost kits,our fa20 is not like a n54,where turning up boost goes a long way. These cars drive like crap with no boost, IMHO , I likes me my top end. I have two brz, both Fi.

Going non catted and non resonated makes power but that's not how most of us drive our cars , atleast I prefer using my ear plugs at the shooting range, not whiles driving,know wha ah mean? I have headers, cats resonators and a bunch of boost I blow off, so I was looking for a local tuner who could dive in and catch up to my cars build level. Good speed isn't set up and I do not trust vivid.

Unless the tab flash solution does neat things for me like allow a variable ethanol vaiable boost by fuel map, also operates my ebcs, and makes my coffee just right, its a great na doo dad for NA cars but unless running an e85 tune is your thing on NA, the robust reflash options at the moment are limited to one tuner. If he speaks in "j" to our ecu then I'm sure he too can do what ecutek has done already. I don't see why not.

If the unit piggybacks well with a external boost ctrlr, I have offered shiv either of my cars to play with if he wants to dabble in either a bone stock vortech street build or my test car with bells and whistles über boost and built.

We have plenty of tuning options and that's great. Great for NA cars, e85, but I need him to show me the money.
448hpsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #232
Sonolin
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 448hpsti
Shiv has interesting stuff, seems like a swell fellow

but until he tackles and masters Fi on our platform,I'm not sure i see the benefits of it in my garage, perhaps @shiv@vishnu can elaborate? Of why I want this over ecutek, if both flash back to stock equally, once you go Fi that is rarely a concern, returning to stock that is.

lots of cars as they age will see boost kits,our fa20 is not like a n54,where turning up boost goes a long way. These cars drive like crap with no boost, IMHO , I likes me my top end. I have two brz, both Fi.

Going non catted and non resonated makes power but that's not how most of us drive our cars , atleast I prefer using my ear plugs at the shooting range, not whiles driving,know wha ah mean? I have headers, cats resonators and a bunch of boost I blow off, so I was looking for a local tuner who could dive in and catch up to my cars build level. Good speed isn't set up and I do not trust vivid.

Unless the tab flash solution does neat things for me like allow a variable ethanol vaiable boost by fuel map, also operates my ebcs, and makes my coffee just right, its a great na doo dad for NA cars but unless running an e85 tune is your thing on NA, the robust reflash options at the moment are limited to one tuner. If he speaks in "j" to our ecu then I'm sure he too can do what ecutek has done already. I don't see why not.

If the unit piggybacks well with a external boost ctrlr, I have offered shiv either of my cars to play with if he wants to dabble in either a bone stock vortech street build or my test car with bells and whistles über boost and built.

We have plenty of tuning options and that's great. Great for NA cars, e85, but I need him to show me the money.
I don't think this is an N/A specific issue. Yes, we'll all be waiting on them to release F/I specific base maps, but you can still get this tuned by a competent tuner.

I think the point of this is 1) no vendor lock in, and 2) cheaper up front cost.
Sonolin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sonolin For This Useful Post:
Shiv@Openflash (09-27-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #233
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
There is something brewing with regards to FI kit support. I won't be able to say what it is exactly until everything is finalized.
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:29 PM   #234
regal

Drives: Scion FR-S/Toyota Yaris
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolin View Post
I don't think this is an N/A specific issue. Yes, we'll all be waiting on them to release F/I specific base maps, but you can still get this tuned by a competent tuner.

I think the point of this is 1) no vendor lock in, and 2) cheaper up front cost.

Where is the cheaper up front cost?

Mods:
Clear fender side lights
Tactrix ZA1JB01C 2014 Calib
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #235
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
There is something brewing with regards to FI kit support. I won't be able to say what it is exactly until everything is finalized.
My guess would be an Innovate tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
Where is the cheaper up front cost?
It is only $500 and you get free canned tunes instead of the $600 for EcuTek and the price of your custom tune.
Old 02-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #236
jsummers0123

Drives: Black 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
We understand canned maps deliver different results for different cars. That's obvious. The question is, how much of a difference?

Shiv, can you please post results of the Stg1 map from various cars so we can see the difference from car to car? It would also help to see a stock dyno for comparison as well.
jsummers0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #237
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsummers0123 View Post
We understand canned maps deliver different results for different cars. That's obvious. The question is, how much of a difference?

Shiv, can you please post results of the Stg1 map from various cars so we can see the difference from car to car? It would also help to see a stock dyno for comparison as well.
There is almost do car to car variance as long as all other things (modifications) are held equal (or close to equal). That's the nice thing about an NA engine. Especially one that is reasonably new and healthy. I've only dyno'd a handful of different cars, on 2 different types of dynos (dynojet and mustang) so I may not have the database you are looking for.
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #238
jsummers0123

Drives: Black 2014 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
There is almost do car to car variance as long as all other things (modifications) are held equal (or close to equal). That's the nice thing about an NA engine. Especially one that is reasonably new and healthy. I've only dyno'd a handful of different cars, on 2 different types of dynos (dynojet and mustang) so I may not have the database you are looking for.
Exactly what I was looking for. I will be a buyer.
jsummers0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jsummers0123 For This Useful Post:
Shiv@Openflash (02-10-2014)

Tags
bye bye visconti u suck, fa20club stg1, open flash, openflash, tacky marketing is tacky, visconti roast