follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 10-13-2019, 02:01 PM   #29
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.chalkley View Post
Today , a chronologically challenged driver reversed into the side of our parked white camry , $$$$ this is the third time this has happened with this boring car.
At least this time around he left his details and we will get some fresh white paint on the camry.
I think some drivers don't see white cars in the bright aussie sunlight.
It don't matter the color of the vehicle, the last vehicle I backed into was a giant black truck -

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 06:30 AM   #30
alan.chalkley

Drives: 4wd zooks
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
In the extreme heat/bush fires we are experiencing , plastic hubcaps are melting and flying off cars. I have tried gaff tape around the inside to try and insulate them from the heat of the steel wheel.Some people are using electrical cable ties to keep them attached.
alan.chalkley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 11:42 AM   #31
korhun
Database error

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 1,657 Times in 614 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
A few days ago, I was driving in a heavy traffic. We were moving very slowly with 2 lanes. I was on the right lane. A Lancia was on my left. Lancia's woman driver saw a pedestrian and decided to stop. I also stop and pedestrian passed in front of us. Traffic was moving so slowly that, the cars in front of us barely move a few meters during this whole process. But the Mercedes behind the Lancia decided to horn for a while in a manner "why do you stop and make us wait for that pedestrian?" Lancia didn't do anything. After a while, another car decided to join her lane from another road. Gave signal. Lancia stopped and gave way to that car. Oh my god. Mercedes got crazy. He started to horn again. However this time the woman in the Lancia also got crazy, and got out. Her boyfriend also got out, but to stop her. She shouted at Mercedes. Mercedes driver stopped to horn and got afraid, even did not open his window. Her boyfriend calm her down and they got into their car. I thought, I wish I knew boxing or karate something and beat the Mercedes guy just for fun. Then the traffic speed up and Lancia turned to another road. Mercedes started to horn again, as soon as he realized that Lancia cannot stop and beat him anymore.

Then I thought: "That's very interesting, such idiots usually find me, why not this time? This is weird. I'm a Jupiter for these type of guys."

After a few minutes, I came to a highway of many lanes. Gave my signal to join the highway's right lane. There was a very suitable space that I can join. However the Renault behind me decided to fill the gap as soon as he sees my turn signal. When I realized that, I had already occupied half of that lane. But he insisted on not giving me the lane and got close to the car in front of us less than a few inches. I turned on my right turn signal and returned back to my old lane. And it was empty, and I passed 8-10 cars and then enter that lane and back to normal cruising again.. After a few minutes, I realized that he came near to me, shouting to me, waving hands, trying to make me afraid and pull my car out of my lane/road maybe. Left lane was suitable, I foot down, and he couldn't or didn't came near again. I said to myself, "oh back to normal again..."
korhun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to korhun For This Useful Post:
humfrz (12-12-2019), JohnJuan (12-23-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 01:05 PM   #32
humfrz

Last week I was maneuvering around in a shopping complex when a jerk in a beat up pick up truck started tailgating me. I turned a couple of times, with my signal on, and he tried to turn before me (tried to cut me off).

After exiting that shopping area and going across the street to another shopping area, he persisted in tailgating me and turned whenever I did, like three more times. So, just before I came to my final stop in the Walmart parking lot, I eased my .45 ACP out of it's hiding place and placed it on the seat beside me.

I did that for two reasons. One, if the ass hat wanted a piece of me, I wasn't about to get into a fist fight with him because I'm too damn old and too far out of shape for that. Secondly, I had allowed my CPP (concealed pistol permit) to expire back in 2017, man time just flies by when you get older. However, I recently renewed it, but haven't received it in the mail yet.

So, one can carry a loaded handgun in the car in Washington state, if it's not concealed (open carry state).

Well, the jerk in the pickup drove on past without stopping, shaking his fists at me -

I put my .45 away and continued running errands.

END OF STORY

humfrz
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
korhun (12-12-2019), NoHaveMSG (12-13-2019), Spuds (12-13-2019)
Old 12-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #33
korhun
Database error

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 1,657 Times in 614 Posts
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
This reminded me the "Tailgating is one thing I cannot tolerate" scene..
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3XBb5ghzSw[/ame]
korhun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to korhun For This Useful Post:
Boomerang (12-13-2019), humfrz (12-12-2019), Ultramaroon (02-01-2020)
Old 12-12-2019, 04:08 PM   #34
DarkPira7e
Rust bucket enthusiast

Drives: 2013 Turbo Firestorm FRS
Thanked 4,095 Times in 2,045 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
I was driving down the interstate and saw a guy going down on the driver. Blugh.
I guess I'd much prefer that to almost running over a ladder or other things I've read in this thread..
DarkPira7e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 02:26 AM   #35
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
I was driving down the interstate and saw a guy going down on the driver. Blugh.
I guess I'd much prefer that to almost running over a ladder or other things I've read in this thread..
Must be a Vermont thing -

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (12-13-2019)
Old 12-18-2019, 02:09 PM   #36
Hypnocracy
Hypnocratic Missionary

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Strangest day...No one was hurt...this happened in the mid 80's

I was visiting my mother at the coast & was to go out fishing...got up before dawn and headed to the Atlanic Beach NC marina...listening to the weather radio...it was not good...got breakfast and hung out to see if it would clear...

While waiting a couple pulled up and put their trailered boat out on the launch...they were having some trouble getting the inboard-outboard started...as we were speaking to the Marina Owner saw a water spout blowing a half mile off the coast then a loud WHOO--BOOM...I looked down at the boat with engine problems just as the engine cover rolled off the stern into the inlet...they forgot to turn on the blowers and gas in the bilge had ignited...the Marina owner ran to grab the fire extinguisher headed their way...We packed it in...enough bad omens for one morning and decided to head back home (200+ mile trip) with my best friend...

Rain is coming down in buckets about 60 miles inland at Kinston NC...the road is macadam and in the summertime large trucks tires have made troughs around the stoplight/intersections...with the rain it is dicey above 35-40 mph in these areas...as we approach an intersection the light stays green...two kids come up to pass us on the left lane at much higher rate of speed...not sure what caused it, but, they did a 180 hydro planing as they passed...the "OH SHIT" expressions were clear to my buddy and I...they kept the car straight while going backwards...got it slowed down and managed not to hit anyone.

75 miles further down the road in Durham the sun is out...summertime heat and the roads have dried...it is a four lane divided highway with grass medium between...my buddy has fallen asleep...we have the road to our self except for a Honda Accord with four kids in it are about 100ft ahead...

The Accord starts to drift off the road to the center medium....I punch my buddy to wake up....just then as the car ahead has one side completely in the grass and is just about to go off the road into center medium when they snatch it to the right...sideways in the road now they are about to hit the right side guardrail head on...only to snatch it back to the left...and have yet to counter steer recover...sliding sideways down the road pointed back to the medium and then at us rolling backwards...

Finally they lost momentum the tires begin to grip (they have still not recovered-front wheels pointed left) roll backward going thru a 90 degree turn and come to a stop with their back bumper almost hitting the guard rail on the right side of the road...my friend and I had slowed down and watched the whole thing...we too are at a stop...

The passengers in the Accord are stunned still looking straight ahead...I pulled up to them and ask my buddy to roll down the window...an I yell

"Hey you can get out now and clean your britches!"

The Accord passengers, my buddy and I burst out laughing...

The next 65 miles home pass uneventfully

Last edited by Hypnocracy; 12-18-2019 at 02:32 PM.
Hypnocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hypnocracy For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (12-18-2019)
Old 02-01-2020, 01:16 AM   #37
alan.chalkley

Drives: 4wd zooks
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
So some guy was pulled over by the police for using his mobile phone (cell phone) at a speed of 10kms/hr on a horse.
His only plea was that horses are autonomous and already know the way home.
Anyway the judge dismissed the case.
Are horses the closest we have to an autonomous cars?
Only here down under in australia this happens!
alan.chalkley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to alan.chalkley For This Useful Post:
korhun (02-01-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 02:07 AM   #38
Boomerang

Drives: 2015 Toyota GT86 MT UEL E85 RSR CWP
Thanked 4,850 Times in 2,166 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan.chalkley View Post
So some guy was pulled over by the police for using his mobile phone (cell phone) at a speed of 10kms/hr on a horse.
His only plea was that horses are autonomous and already know the way home.
Anyway the judge dismissed the case.
Are horses the closest we have to an autonomous cars?
Only here down under in australia this happens!

Don't try it on a donkey either..

Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Boomerang For This Useful Post:
korhun (02-01-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 02:31 AM   #39
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT86wannabe View Post
These trucks are really of poor quality and the products they carry can be really damaged. That's why I prefer to use Boydstun car carriers. I need a dependable carrier 'cause as we know, a car is a very expensive thing and we couldn't let it be damaged because the expenses can be really tremendous.
Domo arigato
Ultramaroon (02-01-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 11:51 AM   #40
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Domo arigato
i've been reporting every post he makes lately... it's a nicer more content-appropriate bot than usual, but it's still a bot.
Old 02-01-2020, 12:26 PM   #41
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
i've been reporting every post he makes lately... it's a nicer more content-appropriate bot than usual, but it's still a bot.
Posts are a very important and often misunderstood part of installing any fence. I have always found that ceder https://www.rona.ca/en/fsc-knotty-ce...SABEgJkQvD_BwE is the best way to go
Impureclient (02-01-2020), korhun (02-01-2020), soundman98 (02-01-2020)
Old 02-01-2020, 06:30 PM   #42
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Trench coat are very fashionable in the colder months of June when installing fence posts.
Boomerang (02-01-2020), korhun (02-01-2020)