follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 08-23-2014, 10:38 AM   #1
DavidBob

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Sub frame risers

So from what i read, the axles get a lot of stress when our cars are lowered. A couple different people already shared their broken axle stories. Has anybody bought sub frame risers? Is it worth the $100? Anybody make their own?
-Dave
DavidBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:48 AM   #2
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,344 Times in 1,577 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
It's definitely worth the $100 for the reason of it making a huge difference in axle angle. The big downside is the VERY LOUD NVH that's added to the ride. The diff whine is very loud and it would probably suck for anybody using the car as a daily driver-unless you really just don't give a f*ck.

What are you using the car for? If it isn't slammed or you're not making more power or running a lot of grip, it might not be a big issue.

I use mine for drifting and on my first event, I had a slight issue with the axles. Got it fixed and dialed out some rear grip by increasing tire pressure and have yet to have an issue since. All on stock power level
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:02 PM   #3
DavidBob

Drives: 2013 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
It's definitely worth the $100 for the reason of it making a huge difference in axle angle. The big downside is the VERY LOUD NVH that's added to the ride. The diff whine is very loud and it would probably suck for anybody using the car as a daily driver-unless you really just don't give a f*ck.

What are you using the car for? If it isn't slammed or you're not making more power or running a lot of grip, it might not be a big issue.

I use mine for drifting and on my first event, I had a slight issue with the axles. Got it fixed and dialed out some rear grip by increasing tire pressure and have yet to have an issue since. All on stock power level
Yeaa its my daily driver and occasionally I drift it, I'm lowered but I'm not slammed nor will I be making any more power. No moneys for more power yet
What kind of issues did you run into if you don't mind me asking.
DavidBob is offline   Reply With Quote