follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
mo8ius

Drives: 2013 FR-S Asphalt Auto
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FR-S in Oklahoma

I bought my FR-S on 5/25 here in Norman,OK. Anyone else already get one in Oklahoma? The salesman seemed to think mine was the first actual delivery to a customer in the state, but he IS a salesman.... Just curious.
It's an Asphalt Automatic. I wasn't actually expecting to find one for sale, so I wasn't picky and just bought it. Would ultimately have preferred an Ultramarine manual. It's still amazing to drive though.

Feel free to post if you are in OK and get yours.
mo8ius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
ChrisOkc8

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Me and my best friend are both planning on buying one. I haven't made up my mind on what color I want. I'm leaning towards firestorm but I know it has to be a manual. I will probably be in the market to getting one within the next couple of months.
ChrisOkc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #3
jimbobrand

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Premium
I picked up my BRZ in OKC on June 2nd and the week before that there was a FRS at the Scion dealer on NW Expressway.
jimbobrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:35 PM   #4
mo8ius

good info. I would assume that the one on NW Expressway sold pretty quick and that would've been the same week as mine. I suppose if I absolutely had to know I could just call the 5-6 major dealers and ask when/if they sold their first FR-S. I figure the bigger dealerships probably all got 1 at about the same delivery time from the factory. There is a decent chance someone else got theirs before me.
That's awesome that you picked up a BRZ. I assume from your location info, that you made a special trip up here to get a particular/available one.

93 octane gas has been fun to locate in Oklahoma BTW. I know it's available on 63rd and Western. Have checked most of the other locations posted in various forums via Google search. Haven't checked a station on Memorial between Hefner Pkwy and May though. The 104th and I44 location had it, but has closed shop. I'd be VERY happy to find out if any other OK owners discover stations that have it; especially closer to Norman, OK. I'm told by the station in Nichols Hills that he is having to have the 93 brought in from either Texas or Arkansas, because the primary OK refinery/distribution channel doesn't provide it anymore. It's $5.04/gal at that station. At least 91 is "acceptable" to run on, although if I plan on getting on the gas much I think I'll want the 93 in there particularly if I do a track day or something.

Edit: confirmed that the RS Fuel LLC station at 3330 W Memorial Rd OKC, OK 73120 DOES indeed have 93 octane (100% gasoline) at $4.49 currently.

Also confirmed that Red Rock has it at their office building on the NW corner of 50th and Santa Fe. You'd have to make sure that you go by during their office hours(not sure precisely what times) as the gates get closed and locked afterward. Price at Red Rock is $5.00 currently.

Last edited by mo8ius; 07-05-2012 at 01:32 PM. Reason: additional station confirmed
Old 06-23-2012, 01:52 AM   #5
jimbobrand

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Premium
I live in SA for work but I was born and raised in OKC and visit often. A friend of mine is a dealer at Hudiburg Subaru and I was able to be their first preorder. Just remember that, yes, you can get Texas 93 but it's all e-10 where 100% gas 91 is easy to find in OKC. I really wouldn't worry about the 91, I've ran both and haven't noticed much, if any, difference.
jimbobrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:07 PM   #6
ChrisOkc8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo8ius View Post
good info. I would assume that the one on NW Expressway sold pretty quick and that would've been the same week as mine. I suppose if I absolutely had to know I could just call the 5-6 major dealers and ask when/if they sold their first FR-S. I figure the bigger dealerships probably all got 1 at about the same delivery time from the factory. There is a decent chance someone else got theirs before me.
That's awesome that you picked up a BRZ. I assume from your location info, that you made a special trip up here to get a particular/available one.

93 octane gas has been fun to locate in Oklahoma BTW. I know it's available on 63rd and Western. Have checked most of the other locations posted in various forums via Google search. Haven't checked a station on Memorial between Hefner Pkwy and May though. The 104th and I44 location had it, but has closed shop. I'd be VERY happy to find out if any other OK owners discover stations that have it; especially closer to Norman, OK. I'm told by the station in Nichols Hills that he is having to have the 93 brought up from Texas, because the OK refinery/distribution channel doesn't provide it anymore. It's $5.04/gal at that station. At least 91 is "acceptable" to run on, although if I plan on getting on the gas much I think I'll want the 93 in there particularly if I do a track day or something.
Yeah, they're totally ripping us off for the 93 octane out here in Oklahoma. Back when I had my celica gt-s I would always use the shell gas station off of 63rd and Western. I'll have to check out the gas station off of Memorial since I live down the road from it. I know they had e85 over there.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #7
ChrisOkc8

I was looking at a red Brz limited at the Bob Moore Subaru off of Broadway Ext. That car is so beautiful but there is no way I am paying 36k for it.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #8
mo8ius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisOkc8 View Post
I was looking at a red Brz limited at the Bob Moore Subaru off of Broadway Ext. That car is so beautiful but there is no way I am paying 36k for it.
WOW! 36k would certainly be a deal-breaker for me too.
Old 06-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #9
ChrisOkc8

So how are you liking the Fr-s so far? I can't wait to get one!
Old 06-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
mo8ius

Absolutely love it! Spent a bit of time just trying to find good locations around Norman where I might be able to get a little crazy with it, but not get in trouble with it. I'm still getting used to the paddle shifting and I've found myself moving my foot for a non-existent clutch a couple of times once I get my head into a 'Manual' mode where I'm gonna have to shift. The paddles shift very quick in Sport mode, but until I know I've got the spare cash ready to buy a new rear set of tires, I've tried to avoid getting the back end out very much. I really want to though.

With the VSC and TRAC it just wants to hug the corners wonderfully. When I've disabled it I've toyed with the throttle to get an initial feel for how its going to act and the back end seems 'ready' to come loose if I give it the signal. Basically I guess I'm saying that the feedback from the car is great, and I think as I'm pushing it further and further progressively to train myself how to handle it, its a blast to slowly see what the vehicle is capable of.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:29 AM   #11
ChrisOkc8

I still want to test drive one. I can't wait! I die inside every time I see one. lol
Old 06-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
sirhc

Drives: fr-s
My name is Chris and I have a argento fr-s got it 6-22. I live in OKC
sirhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #13
mo8ius

Welcome Chris!

I just registered for the okscca autox solo event on July 22. It'll be my first event.

AT or MT?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-29-2012, 12:35 AM   #14
nubbster927

Drives: BRZ Limited 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo8ius View Post
Absolutely love it! Spent a bit of time just trying to find good locations around Norman where I might be able to get a little crazy with it, but not get in trouble with it. I'm still getting used to the paddle shifting and I've found myself moving my foot for a non-existent clutch a couple of times once I get my head into a 'Manual' mode where I'm gonna have to shift. The paddles shift very quick in Sport mode, but until I know I've got the spare cash ready to buy a new rear set of tires, I've tried to avoid getting the back end out very much. I really want to though.

With the VSC and TRAC it just wants to hug the corners wonderfully. When I've disabled it I've toyed with the throttle to get an initial feel for how its going to act and the back end seems 'ready' to come loose if I give it the signal. Basically I guess I'm saying that the feedback from the car is great, and I think as I'm pushing it further and further progressively to train myself how to handle it, its a blast to slowly see what the vehicle is capable of.
I just got my BRZ last week and I'm here in Norman too! The places I like to push the limits are the on-ramp to Highway 9 eastbound on that big curve. I also like the off-ramps from Highway 9 to Classen- smooth and tight. We should meet up sometime and cruise up around Stanley Draper lake. Nice curvy roads around there. Enjoy the FRS- I know i'm loving my BRZ so far.
nubbster927 is offline   Reply With Quote