follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 08-30-2023, 02:01 PM   #8709
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,481 Times in 3,211 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
I would have replied in the chat to the senior teammate, "thanks for verifying what I just said in a roundabout way," and then added a heart emoji.

But I tend to chose violence in those types of situations.
I've learned it's just not worth it in this field.

I'm not one to be all "you're all snowflakes" but the longer I'm here the more I notice how sensitive people I work with are.

And I won't deny I'm probably in the same ballpark at times too.

The thing that constantly frustrates me is when I say something at work and people somehow misread it as me saying the opposite or somehow being wrong and then it turns out I was right. And I reread what I said to try and understand how it came across wrong but can't figure it out.
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (08-30-2023), NoHaveMSG (08-30-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 03:39 PM   #8710
NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,341 Times in 7,389 Posts
Mentioned: 108 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post

I'm not one to be all "you're all snowflakes" but the longer I'm here the more I notice how sensitive people I work with are.

The thing that constantly frustrates me is when I say something at work and people somehow misread it as me saying the opposite or somehow being wrong and then it turns out I was right. And I reread what I said to try and understand how it came across wrong but can't figure it out.
Probably a better way to handle it then I would.
soundman98 (09-03-2023), spike021 (08-30-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 06:32 PM   #8711
Spuds
The Dictater

Drives: '13 Red Scion FRS
Thanked 12,458 Times in 6,162 Posts
Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quote:
I would have replied in the chat to the senior teammate, "thanks for verifying what I just said in a roundabout way," and then added a heart emoji.

But I tend to chose violence in those types of situations.
Lol, GFY.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (08-30-2023), soundman98 (09-03-2023), spike021 (08-30-2023), Ultramaroon (08-30-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 06:33 PM   #8712
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:

Move east. We're rude AF out here and get along just fine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (08-30-2023), spike021 (08-30-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 06:39 PM   #8713
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,481 Times in 3,211 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuds View Post
Hate to say it but over half my team is on the east coast
It sounds to me like the delicate, metallic sounds of piston skirts slapping against the cylinder walls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Now, if it was three feet long and you were using all that leverage
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
Spuds (08-30-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 07:26 PM   #8714
Stephen W.

Drives: 1993 Caterham HPC Evo
Thanked 2,500 Times in 978 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
We’re in the middle of a great supper and the wife gets a call on her mobile phone. It’s a customer who asked to have the keys for their car left in the car so they could pick it up after hours. Now the customer is there and is surprised that the car is locked. They didn’t ask for it to be locked! They only the wife to leave the keys in it.
I say WTF? The vehicle has a key pad so the wife thought if they didn’t use an extra set of keys they’d just type in their code. But oh no, this customer has never used the pad and doesn’t know the code. Who in their right mind asks to leave the keys in the car and it left unlocked?
So, the wife calls the towing company to send over a guy to unlock the car for this customer and to send the bill to the shop. Well the guy can’t get his devise to work. The customer is furious by now and after several calls back and forth between them, my wife, the towing company and many foul words said by all I’m sure, the wife says she’ll drive back into town. The wife takes all the responsibility for this screw up. She says to the customer that it was her fault; she misunderstood the customer’s instructions. So, she’ll open up the shop and call someone who may or may not be able to get the info she needs or send someone who knows how to get into the vehicle.
Now I’m mad as hell. She shouldn’t have to take this kind of crap but she does, every day. I tell her grew a pair and she bites my head off. She’s angry at the world, I’m upset and supper isn’t sitting very well. If I was a drinking man I’d be off to the bar to get good and drunk! As it is, I’m here typing to a bunch of strangers who have problems of their own.
Stephen W. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (09-03-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 07:31 PM   #8715
Spuds
The Dictater

Quote:
Hate to say it but over half my team is on the east coast
Well there's your problem then lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spuds For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (09-03-2023), spike021 (08-31-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 07:36 PM   #8716
Stephen W.

We’re in the middle of a great supper and the wife gets a call on her mobile phone. It’s a customer who asked to have the keys for their car left in the car so they could pick it up after hours. Now the customer is there and is surprised that the car is locked. They didn’t ask for it to be locked! They only the wife to leave the keys in it.
I say WTF? The vehicle has a key pad so the wife thought if they didn’t use an extra set of keys they’d just type in their code. But oh no, this customer has never used the pad and doesn’t know the code. Who in their right mind asks to leave the keys in the car and it left unlocked?
So, the wife calls the towing company to send over a guy to unlock the car for this customer and to send the bill to the shop. Well the guy can’t get his devise to work. The customer is furious by now and after several calls back and forth between them, my wife, the towing company and many foul words said by all I’m sure, the wife says she’ll drive back into town. The wife takes all the responsibility for this screw up. She says to the customer that it was her fault; she misunderstood the customer’s instructions. So, she’ll open up the shop and call someone who may or may not be able to get the info she needs or send someone who knows how to get into the vehicle.
Now I’m mad as hell. She shouldn’t have to take this kind of crap but she does, every day. I tell her grew a pair and she bites my head off. She’s angry at the world, I’m upset and supper isn’t sitting very well. If I was a drinking man I’d be off to the bar to get good and drunk! As it is, I’m here typing to a bunch of strangers who have problems of their own.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (08-30-2023), spike021 (08-31-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 07:36 PM   #8717
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Lol, GFY.

LMAO
spike021 (08-31-2023), Spuds (08-30-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 07:43 PM   #8718
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
I find saying exactly what you think is far healthier. To a point of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
The customer is furious by now and after several calls back and forth between them, my wife, the towing company and many foul words said by all I’m sure, the wife says she’ll drive back into town. The wife takes all the responsibility for this screw up. She says to the customer that it was her fault; she misunderstood the customer’s instructions. So, she’ll open up the shop and call someone who may or may not be able to get the info she needs or send someone who knows how to get into the vehicle.
CS goes out the window with me as soon as someone starts being rude. I took enough shit trying to help people when I cover for tech support, as soon as they start with the attitude I tell them they can calm down and talk like a normal person or I can just hang up. Mistake or not it's not like leaving the keys in a car and locking it is that crazy of a thing. Does that person leave their keys in the car at the store unlocked?
soundman98 (09-03-2023), spike021 (08-31-2023), Spuds (08-30-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 07:49 PM   #8719
Stephen W.

I just got off the phone with the wife. After all this it turns out that the customer was there with their fiancé who is going to drive back home tonight. They will return in the morning to pick up the keys.
Oh my ******* lord! Why didn’t they say that before making the wife drive all the way into town and back?
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephen W. For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (09-03-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 08:05 PM   #8720
villainous_frx
Off to the track!

Drives: '14 Lava 86, '13 WRB BRZ
Thanked 1,165 Times in 469 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Ahh, that sucks. Yeah UPS is a PITA to deal with. They don't get any better when you spend thousands of dollars a week with them either You get the same CS as a commercial account.
Oh I know... at work we have two UPS US accounts that ship 5 figures weekly and it's still a royal PITA to deal with them when we have issues. Plus the Canadian one that is pretty active as well. UPS are scum

And they still haven't sent me the invoice and tried to deliver it today. Told the driver to take it back to the depot.
Old 08-30-2023, 08:09 PM   #8721
NoHaveMSG

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by villainous_frx View Post
Oh I know... at work we have two UPS US accounts that ship 5 figures weekly and it's still a royal PITA to deal with them when we have issues. Plus the Canadian one that is pretty active as well. UPS are scum

And they still haven't sent me the invoice and tried to deliver it today. Told the driver to take it back to the depot.
It was a lot nicer when we still had reps we could talk to. When they were being extra stupid about something I could just have the rep deal with it. I don't think I have seen a UPS rep in like 8+ years. Crazy that Fedex is even worse lol.
soundman98 (09-03-2023)
Old 08-30-2023, 08:33 PM   #8722
villainous_frx
Off to the track!

Drives: '14 Lava 86, '13 WRB BRZ
Thanked 1,165 Times in 469 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
It was a lot nicer when we still had reps we could talk to. When they were being extra stupid about something I could just have the rep deal with it. I don't think I have seen a UPS rep in like 8+ years. Crazy that Fedex is even worse lol.
FedEx in the states is the worst. We ship a lot of freight through them because their terminals are convenient for our business. Once a month we get a nasty gram regarding the last invoices of the prior month and telling us all about online bill pay... except their online bill pay portal is always down.

My response back is always "I'd love to pay you online, but you will not let me!".

UPS update: called again and got them to send over the commercial invoice while on the phone "well sir you need to wait for the rest of the documents from us, like the B-15 form". In the back of my mind I'm thinking "the B-15 form, the one the border office creates for me when I hand them the commercial invoice? Yeah, I'm sure I will be waiting for that one for a while from you."

Tags
have you turned it off/on, i heart my boxer, i still hate you all, kiss me, maple syrup, multipass, next one is a prequel, ow my balls, special_k abandoned you, the search for more money